The BigFooty Liverpool Army - Part 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
slowly changing my tune about spearing, has moved from poulsen level to possible 5th choice centre mid next season after gerrard, lucas, adam and shelvey of course.

How Dirk Kuyt doesn't have a song I'll never know. He needs one and he deserves one. He was awesome.

DK was immense. Easily the MOTM. He was just terrific all day. I do want more skillful, pacy wingers to come in but DK is the perfect squad man. I would always start him in the big games too. Against Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal etc and big European games, once we get back into that.

Can play anywhere, has a knack of scoring big goals in big games and runs til he has nothing left. I love him, despite not many appreciating him.

So does Kelly end up in the centre of defence next season, solving in part our centre back problem? If we had Johnson as well as young flanagan out right, potentially Enrique, Aurelio on the left side, Kelly Agger Carra Skrtel in the middle with Wilson able to play on the left and in the middle and Kelly obviously able to cover the right pretty damn well?

I'm a massive fan of Kelly and love him as a right back but you;d think he'd end up in the middle eventually, it is where he played all his junior football.

For whatever reason, this had completely escaped me. Why do we need to spend so much on a center half when we have Kelly. Kelly's natural position is in the center of defence. A starting back 4 of Johnson Kelly Agger Enrique would be great with Carragher able to cover all 4 spots across the back. Aurelio, Robinson, Flanno all capable at full back. Wilson too can play centrally and at LB. Oh and Skrtel in the middle. I think the Greek will be sold.

We could save 15-20 million to be spent in other areas of the pitch by moving Kelly central and relying on our youngsters like Flanno and Robinson. Then spend that money on wingers or central midfield.

Small question: How many people have been to see a game at Anfield? Im heading over in December and would love to see a game. Anyone know the easiest way to get tickets?

Ive been but my cousin is a huge fan and season ticket holder so she always hooks me up with tickets. No idea how to get them unfortunately, despite going to several games. Ring the club.

:thumbsu:

It's great to see a young kid, so confident on the ball, always demanding possession, making good runs and just looking like he'd do anything for the club on the field.

For a kid of 18, to step into a match against a top 4 club, who had never played at that level before, he was immense.

It was wasnt it. He was pretty much faultless. Gave away maybe one silly free kick but it wasnt in a super dangerous position. He was assured on the ball, made some decent runs forward and defended extremely well. I think he has a bright future for us and will probably see some game time next season, deputising GJ if Kelly moves central.

Man City P32 (56)
Tottenham P31 (53)
Liverpool P32 (48)

Liverpool: vs. Arsenal (A) [win, 51], vs. Birmingham (H) [win, 54], vs. Newcastle (H) [win, 57]

Tottenham: vs. Arsenal (H) [draw, 54], vs. WBA (H) [win, 57], vs. Chelsea (A) [loss, 57]

Man City: vs. Blackburn (A) [draw, 57], vs. West Ham (H) [win, 60], vs. Everton (A) [draw, 61]

If results go like that over the next three games, we could be very much in the hunt.

We wont beat Arsenal away surely. That WBA loss is looking costly now.

We wont beat Arsenal away surely. That WBA loss is looking costly now.

Their defense is actually very bad at defending.

A back four of Eboue - LOLscielny - SquiLOLci - Clichy doesn't strike fear into attacking players hearts.

There's no reason we cant beat them at the Emirates, they're not very good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have cost ourselves this season and what hurts even more it has been against the lesser sides. Next season though I will be very confident of finishing top 4.

All Arsenal have to do is win every game they have left and hope Chelsea beat United in the league and they win the title. It certainly isnt over yet.

MUFC P32 (69)
AFC P31 (62)

So, 7 points difference and Arsenal have a game in hand.

If Arsenal take a maximum 21 points from 7 games and go to 83 points.

If Man Utd lose to Chelsea, but take 15 points from the other 5 games, they go to 84. Utd's GD is also +6 greater than Arsenal's at the moment, so Arsenal are relying on MUFC dropping some more points along the way, not just the Chelsea result.

At least Chelsea will have Luiz for that EPL encounter, they won't have him tonight which is why I think they will be knocked out. Too much has to happen for Utd to lose the title from here unfortunately.

I just wonder if Kenny is going to give Flanno another game or if Soto will be back in and Cawwa shifted back to RB.

MUFC P32 (69)
AFC P31 (62)

So, 7 points difference and Arsenal have a game in hand.

If Arsenal take a maximum 21 points from 7 games and go to 83 points.

If Man Utd lose to Chelsea, but take 15 points from the other 5 games, they go to 84. Utd's GD is also +6 greater than Arsenal's at the moment, so Arsenal are relying on MUFC dropping some more points along the way, not just the Chelsea result.

No because if Arsenal take maximum points that will include a win over Utd at Emirates. So they would only then need Utd to slip up against Chelsea to win the league.

No because if Arsenal take maximum points that will include a win over Utd at Emirates. So they would only then need Utd to slip up against Chelsea to win the league.

Ah, for some reason I thought Arsenal had already played United.

While your calculations are correct and mine weren't, I cant see Arsenal taking maximum points, considering I really cant even see them beating us on the weekend.

Apparently that Porto coach admitted on Portuguese radio that he's joining us next season...

I'll lose all faith in the new owners if Kenny isn't signed on for next year, why wouldn't you keep Kenny???

Apparently that Porto coach admitted on Portuguese radio that he's joining us next season...

I'll lose all faith in the new owners if Kenny isn't signed on for next year, why wouldn't you keep Kenny???

I tend to agree with you... We know what we will get with kenny and he has been working with commolli on what to do with our squad for next season... Top 4 is a minimum next season and a new manager will put us in the unknown.. Could work.. but could flop.. At least we know where we're headed with Kenny

I tend to agree with you... We know what we will get with kenny and he has been working with commolli on what to do with our squad for next season... Top 4 is a minimum next season and a new manager will put us in the unknown.. Could work.. but could flop.. At least we know where we're headed with Kenny

I've checked just checked what the Porto coach has done this year

- Most likely into the semis of Europa League
- 24 Wins 2 Draw 0 Loss in the league
- 61 goals for and 11 goals against
- 19 points clear on top

Very very impressive but still its a risky move I'd rather keep Kenny as we know what to expect, Porto coach could be anything.

Best move would be to have him take over Kenny in 2 years and work as an assistant but that isn't going to happen as he'll want to be the main coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back