The BigFooty Liverpool Army - Part 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to agree with you... We know what we will get with kenny and he has been working with commolli on what to do with our squad for next season... Top 4 is a minimum next season and a new manager will put us in the unknown.. Could work.. but could flop.. At least we know where we're headed with Kenny

Surely your kidding :eek:

Villas Boas is one of the best coaches in the world. The chances of him flopping are less than nil. You will be paying 10 mill IMO for his signature if not more and theres a reason for that. Hes only 33 IIRC and could coach the club for 30 years plus.

Guardolia aside id say hes the most sought after coach in world football, you get him and you still complain. Blimey, whats next. Messi signing and you wanting to stick with Kuyt because he played a good game on the weekend :eek:

I've checked just checked what the Porto coach has done this year

- Most likely into the semis of Europa League
- 24 Wins 2 Draw 0 Loss in the league
- 61 goals for and 11 goals against
- 19 points clear on top

Very very impressive but still its a risky move I'd rather keep Kenny as we know what to expect, Porto coach could be anything.

Best move would be to have him take over Kenny in 2 years and work as an assistant but that isn't going to happen as he'll want to be the main coach.

You do know Villas Boas has scouted alot of Portos recent signings. , not to mention the very fast flowing style of football he has Porto playing. Real Madrid offered him huge money to come along and be Joses assistant but when the Porto main job opened up he turned it down.

I dont really get the impressive but risky. Porto is a huge club and hes done more than a good job. A bloke with the track record he has will have no risk. At extreme worst he becomes the new director of football or something along those lines but even that is no chance.

I wouldn't think it's out of the ordinary to suggest he'd stand along side Kenny, for a season or two. You could argue the only better experience in the PL right now would be to go learn the English game with Fergie but why do that when Kenny is back at Liverpool? If he has an agreement for this there is much to be excited about.

The same bloke wouldnt stand alongside Jose Mourinho at Real Madrid is going to stand alongside Kenny at Liverpool, a non Champs League club. Your going to pay millions of dollars for a assistant coach? Dreamings the word

Seeing how well Kenny has done with the team, the club. His presence is immense.

Will Kenny be pissed off if he wasn't given the coaching role full time?

I would only do it if Kenny was still heavily involved in the club.

Co-managers? :p

Would never work.

how strong are the whispers that he is coming?

At this stage the man himself said he thinks he is going. Rumors are that Porto have been offered around 8 mill to hand him over and Villas Boas wants the move himself

Kennys done better than I thought but he has hardly been immense. While you have beaten the big teams you have still been overrun in the midfield by the likes of Blackpool/West Ham in recent times. Id say Suarez/Carroll signing has made more of a impact then the change of coaches.

People in general underestimate just how terrible Torres is/was and just how much of a win you have had in offloading him and getting Suarez/Carroll in. Suarez is already twice the player Torres was this year, never mind throwing Carroll into the prize.

There are craploads of whispers about this and Enrique. This guy has stood under Mourinho and just because he wouldn't do it in Spain doesn't mean he wouldn't do it under a great English (Scottish) manager. We're all only guessing. To say no way would he do X is baseless.

There are craploads of whispers about this and Enrique. This guy has stood under Mourinho and just because he wouldn't do it in Spain doesn't mean he wouldn't do it under a great English (Scottish) manager. We're all only guessing. To say no way would he do X is baseless.

An educated guess has base. You dont spend near on 10 million pounds for a assistant coach.

Maybe if you're Jack Henry you do. Maybe he wont be the assistant.

I just watched the presser and I loved this. Kenny was asked if he felt it was unusually easy to keep City down and Kenny changed from laughing to a serious expression, straightening his tie and let the whole room know that undermining LFC is not something you'll do when Dalglish is in charge.. could almost hear the Journo shitting himself.

And if your Villas Boas. Your the most sought after coach in world football. Bayern Munich, Chelsea jobs are opening up but your going to come in and take a demotion as assistant at a club without Champs League football. Bit like me asking Julia Gillard to quit her job as PM to work at my local deli :D

there is no bayern job as jupp is manager next season. i don't see why he would go to chelsea and try and save their desire for the CL they wont get when he can build a bigger club into something better.

is there even a west ham thread though, why are you always here? you're blatantly trolling

there is no bayern job as jupp is manager next season. i don't see why he would go to chelsea and try and save their desire for the CL they wont get when he can build a bigger club into something better.

is there even a west ham thread though, why are you always here? you're blatantly trolling

Stating the obvious is not trolling I think you will find. Ive personally never seen a assistant build a club into something bigger and better. Can you name me a instance when that has happened?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said he can build it under my inference that he would be main man. it is not hard to understand why he would choose Pool over any other English club. you're hanging on the assistant thing and the CL thing, probably because you place it on such a high pedestal.

is there even a west ham thread though? do you post in it? why are you always here trying to talk down LFC?

I said he can build it under my inference that he would be main man. it is not hard to understand why he would choose Pool over any other English club. you're hanging on the assistant thing and the CL thing, probably because you place it on such a high pedestal.

is there even a west ham thread though? do you post in it? why are you always here trying to talk down LFC?

Im not quite sure where your going with this... he was saying he wouldnt sign on as an assistant.. not that he wouldn't take the main job..

Can you name me one instance of that ever happening in football? It might happen in the AFL when people are earning 300k a year but when your paying 8 mill for his signature and probably 5 mill a year it just doesnt happen in the real world. He is no ones assistant. Not even Jose Mourinho's....

How am I talking down Liverpool exactly. I said Villas Boas is one of the best coaches in the world. Anyway I have more of a right to be here then you. I actually know something about football :rolleyes:.

Of course he would take the main job. Id take the main job at Liverpool over Bayern Munich even. Its just a easier job with more support and a better starting base

okay mate I admitted Kenny assisting would be more realistic last page and you're still banging on about it. we'll see where he ends up (provided there's any truth in this_ and see where the players you wrote off coming to Liverpool end up too.

you know heaps about football and have the right to post in the Pool thread, but you don't know what's going on at Bayern, does that mean you can't post in the Bundesliga thread?

okay mate I admitted Kenny assisting would be more realistic last page and you're still banging on about it. we'll see where he ends up (provided there's any truth in this_ and see where the players you wrote off coming to Liverpool end up too.

you know heaps about football and have the right to post in the Pool thread, but you don't know what's going on at Bayern, does that mean you can't post in the Bundesliga thread?

Not really a place to talk about the Bundesliga but I doubt Jupp is going to be at Bayern for anything beyond the next 12 months. Hes just warming the seat for a bloke like Jose. I think theres more going on with that then they are letting on. As far as im concerned hes just a stopgap and the main job is still up for grabs

Why would Kenny want to assist for? Id say he is too old/has better things to do then that. Id be surprised if you bought Villas Boas in without giving him control over the staff he can employ anyway. Pretty rare that a head coach doesnt choose his assistant anyway. Chairmans etc rarely if ever do it.

Wouldn't mind seeing this Morgan kid make the bench, seems to love the club and loves a goal by the looks of things.

I think if Kenny read what you just said about him he'd give you the same daggers he gave the guy who dared to imply City were easy to keep quiet. Then again you're the expert aren't you? A Hammers thread doesn't even exist does it.

I think if Kenny had the choice he would rather go back and continue his old role with the academy as opposed to be a assistant coach alongside a bloke hes probably never met before....

I love Kenny but as I said before in this thread we would be stupid not to hire AVB if we had the chance to. I would actually be quite annoyed if we passed up this oppurtunity. Now Kenny has done a good job and he is also a club legend but you can't always have fairytales, tough decisions need to be made. AVB is so highly sought after for a reason and if he chose us it would be a massive vote of confidence for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back