The BigFooty Liverpool Army - Part 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So AVB himself has admitted the club is chasing him and he wants to go? I love what Kenny has done for the club and appreciate his status at the club but surely we can't let AVB slip through our grasp. I'd bank on him going to United if we don't take him.

Seeing how well Kenny has done with the team, the club. His presence is immense.

Will Kenny be pissed off if he wasn't given the coaching role full time?

I would only do it if Kenny was still heavily involved in the club.

Co-managers? :p

Would never work.
The good thing about Kenny is he will always be involved with the club.

Kenny would have been told that if a better candidate for the job became available, then we'd go after him, if not, Kenny would get the job.

I think Kenny will understand the decision to go after AVB as he knows it'll be massive for the club.

AVB definitely fits the criteria of a young manager, great experience, good record and players will want to play under him.

but i highly doubt these rumours are true, and ill be pleasantly suprised if he is announced as manager.

the only problem i have with appointing AVB is the effect it will have on the squad, they have been so upbeat with kenny in charge and everyone is being given an opportunity, andy loves him and his off field issues have dissapeared.

http://www.ourkop.com/2011/04/13/liverpools-starting-lineup-for-next-season/

Good read.

One guy saying:
Paul Robinson
Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Enrique
Adam, Gerrard
Meireles
Young, Carroll, Suarez​

Another saying:
Gerrard plus cash to get Kaka
The amount he cost and his salary are the reason I see Real selling. They have to cut their losses. He’s not going to get back into that team in it’s current set up. Ozil has cemented the creative mid spot. I think we need him. We really don’t have a game changer in midfield.

Good stat in there too:
Lucas: 139 tackles, 69% success rate. Leading tackle maker in the prem (known for its hardtackling English thugs). The next highest is 121, Vaughn, Blackpool.

Apparently Inter are going to make a bid for Aqua, rumourd value is £8m plus full-back Davide Santon in exchange. Pretty mad deal in my opinion.

Projected table placing, (what a wank)
LIVERPOOL
Arsenal (A) 1-1 draw
Birmingham (H) 2-0 win
Newcastle (H) 3-1 win
Fulham (A) 1-0 win
Tottenham (H) 2-1 win
Aston Villa (A) 2-1 win

Current points: 48
Projected points: 64
Projected position: Fourth

http://www.fanhouse.co.uk/2011/04/13/premier-league-race-for-fourth-liverpool-kenny-dalglish/

Ah, for some reason I thought Arsenal had already played United.

While your calculations are correct and mine weren't, I cant see Arsenal taking maximum points, considering I really cant even see them beating us on the weekend.

I think Utd have it in the bag but yeah my calculations are correct. Not sure why you think we will roll Arsenal at Emirates. We've been better away from home since Kenny took over but I still cant see us winning at Arsenal. Might get a draw.

The AVB v KK is a hugely difficult situation. If AVB comes in, it wont be welcomed too well by the fans as KK has such an affinity with the fans. Not to mention what he has done with the squad since he took over. It's a risk to remove KK, the feel good factor is huge, results have improved and the fans and players completely respect and love him. He plays pass and move, attacking football and he isnt afraid to play the youngsters.

AVB has a terrific record, but only in Portugal which isnt the toughest league in Europe. He would be coming in as an unknown. The players love Kenny and if he were to be removed for an unknown it could cause unrest among the players and the fans probably wont like the move either. But AVB is a terrific manager and is young and could manage us for years. But what kind of football does he play, does he play the youngsters? It's almost heart v head. Your heart says stick with the King but your head probably points to AVB.

To be honest though, the King has done everything right. Surely he deserves to get a contract. If results hadnt gone as well as they have then I think bringing in AVB would be the right move. Right now, ive got to stick with KK.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AVB v KK is a hugely difficult situation. If AVB comes in, it wont be welcomed too well by the fans as KK has such an affinity with the fans. Not to mention what he has done with the squad since he took over. It's a risk to remove KK, the feel good factor is huge, results have improved and the fans and players completely respect and love him. He plays pass and move, attacking football and he isnt afraid to play the youngsters.

AVB has a terrific record, but only in Portugal which isnt the toughest league in Europe. He would be coming in as an unknown. The players love Kenny and if he were to be removed for an unknown it could cause unrest among the players and the fans probably wont like the move either. But AVB is a terrific manager and is young and could manage us for years. But what kind of football does he play, does he play the youngsters? It's almost heart v head. Your heart says stick with the King but your head probably points to AVB.

To be honest though, the King has done everything right. Surely he deserves to get a contract. If results hadnt gone as well as they have then I think bringing in AVB would be the right move. Right now, ive got to stick with KK.

I think if Kenny hadn't come in and done what he did for us we would be in the bottom end of the table and we would be struggling to attract the right people here.

New away kit launched

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2011/04/14/liverpool-release-new-metallic-elements-inspired-away-kit/

liver1.jpg

liver2.jpg

http://www.ourkop.com/2011/04/13/liverpools-starting-lineup-for-next-season/

Good read.

One guy saying:
Paul Robinson
Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Enrique
Adam, Gerrard
Meireles
Young, Carroll, Suarez​

Another saying:
Gerrard plus cash to get Kaka

Good stat in there too:

If we get Charlie Adam.. he would probably spend some time on the bench when Gerrard is fit wouldn't he? Lucas is always going to play in the DM role so where would he fit in for us? Especially if we play 2 up front.

Oh and a huge no to Paul Robinson... I think we should do everything we can to keep hold of Reina. Hopefully we can show a statement of intent with some big signings so he will want to stay on.

I think the fact Pepe is only 28 means he shouldn't be too worried about success considering he has another 10 or so years in him you would think. He would have time to make a move if he felt it was time to go.

I think Utd have it in the bag but yeah my calculations are correct. Not sure why you think we will roll Arsenal at Emirates. We've been better away from home since Kenny took over but I still cant see us winning at Arsenal. Might get a draw.

As I said, their central defenders are Koscielny and Squillaci.

bensmith_Times Ben Smith
From everything I hear, #LFC have, for the first time in a long time, a very clear transfer strategy for the summer

bensmith_Times Ben Smith
From everything I hear, #LFC have, for the first time in a long time, a very clear transfer strategy for the summer

We had a clear strategy under Hicks and Gillet, problem was it was what players can we get really cheap? After all Quantity > Quality right?

This summer will probably be bigger than the summer in 2007 when we brought in Torres, Babel and Benny.

Ben Smith went on to tweet further that we've identified Gary Cahill, Jose Enrique, Mamadou Sakho, Ashley Young and Connor Wickham are top of the list.

I would be happy to get Young, Sakho and Enrique but not Cahill. Wickham I'm unsure about because of his potential price.

Sahko, Enrique, Young and Wickham i'd welcome from that list.

Ofcourse Wickham's price is iffy but i have trust in Commoli.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back