The BigFooty Liverpool Army - Part 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see us throwing a lot at getting Young. Just really happy we are willing to spend, if we can get some consistent play we're a good sniff next year.. our form of late has shown that.

Would love Sakho, Enrique and Young.. I definitely think we need a young up and coming striker to play as a bench player or for when someone is injured.. But Wickhams price would be an issue and he is obviously a few years away...

Would be disappointed if we didnt chase more than one winger even if just for the bench.. But i spose if it is true we have signed Marveux he would count as another winger..

I hope we bring in Marveoux as a back up versatile left sided player meaning he can plat at left back, i'd rather two accomplished premier league wingers.

doubt we can get both downing and young, i doubt villa will let both go and ive got a feeling we are going to miss out on young to a champions league club.

wickham would be alright off the bench, whether he is 10 or 15 mill, as long as he chips in with a handy number of goals.

id prefer to sign wendt as opposed to marveaux.

also prefer sakho or kjaer to cahill.

if we only sign one quality winger we wont make the top 4.

I say we will make top 4 signing just 1 winger.

Our home record is very good especially post Woy. Its our away form that we need to improve and I have no doubt if we sign a good midfielder like Adam, a good LB and also a winger and/or CB, we will be tough to beat.

I'm just reading that Man City are going to bid for Gary Cahill and that could be the best thing for us as it'll put us out of his range - then we can move on Sakho.

I hope we bring in Marveoux as a back up versatile left sided player meaning he can plat at left back, i'd rather two accomplished premier league wingers.
I agree, he is the kind of depth player you need if you are challenging for silverware. Can easily be a quality injury cover, an impact sub and he will be a player that helps raise the standards.

Also Boas has come out and said “Rumours about me joining Liverpool are a lie”, which is sad, but by now means the end of this chapter.

P.S. Everyone seems to be blowing loads over the new kit, but i don't think its that great, just standard.

I say we will make top 4 signing just 1 winger.

Our home record is very good especially post Woy. Its our away form that we need to improve and I have no doubt if we sign a good midfielder like Adam, a good LB and also a winger and/or CB, we will be tough to beat.

we will be much better, but better than any of city, utd, arsenal or chelsea? i dont see it happening with only one quality winger.

if we want 20 goals from carroll we need two quality wingers and someone like adam in the middle of the park.

if we sign one quality winger and he gets injured we are back down to the shit we have now.

We will probably have Marveux as back up, what I meant was we could sign one top winger and then have a decent back up. That should be adequate enough.

you would hope so, but i highly doubt it, city are only going to raise the bar yet again next season, i can see us finishing above spurs, unless they go on a big spending spree.

but young and say marvaeux wont allow us to finish top 4 IMO. marveaux really isnt that good, plus he is always injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buying just them 2 won't but improving the rest of the team will.

Having Sakho and Enrique in defence will allow us to retain the ball a lot better and we will have more dependable defenders. So we will be harder to score against and it also improves us when we are attacking. Then if we have Adam in midfield able to come in whenever someone gets injured and with Gerrard getting on in age, it happens quite often. Then with Suarez and Young able to switch sides just behind Carroll, it keeps the oppositions defence on the back foot a lot more as we are much more unpredictable. We will probably just miss out on top 4 even though we had our worse start for over 50 years so improving the team like I mentioned will basically sew up a top 4 spot for us next season regardless of City and Tottenham.

These are all hypotheticals of course, but we definately know the team will be strengthened this summer. How much only Comolli would really know.

I think the 3 of Subotic, Cahill, Sakho will spread themselves between City, Liverpool, Man City. Even though your not linked with him yet it wouldnt surprise me at all if you ended up with Subotic come the end of the window.

Carroll doesn't need good wingers.

Just needs good crossers of the ball.

Someone like Gerrard playing on the right would be fine, but he refuses to and will be lucky to play 20 games next season anyway.

of course we will be a more solid unit with two good defenders and adam in the midfield, but what i mean is we have to bring in two quality attackers, two wingers would be ideal, but even a wide foward and a winger would be ok, we just need quality players in the attacking third

two defenders, a midfielder and two attacking players should have us just about in the top 4

Carroll doesn't need good wingers.

Just needs good crossers of the ball.

Someone like Gerrard playing on the right would be fine, but he refuses to and will be lucky to play 20 games next season anyway.

Carroll may not need good wingers but we do, we haven't had any decent wide men in a long time

I think the 3 of Subotic, Cahill, Sakho will spread themselves between City, Liverpool, Man City. Even though your not linked with him yet it wouldnt surprise me at all if you ended up with Subotic come the end of the window.

I think you mean Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Citeh.

But it would definetly surprise me if we got Subotic. Although Subotic and Agger would become probably be in the top 3 centre back pairings in the world if Agger stayed fit.

I doubt Arsenal will buy any CB's to be honest, Vermaelen is due to return, they spent 12m on Koscielny, Djourou has stepped up and they have Squillaci as cover who Wenger doesn't seem to mind playing.

Bayern will be the team most desperate for quality CB's due to the dross they have currently.

I doubt Arsenal will buy any CB's to be honest, Vermaelen is due to return, they spent 12m on Koscielny, Djourou has stepped up and they have Squillaci as cover who Wenger doesn't seem to mind playing.

Bayern will be the team most desperate for quality CB's due to the dross they have currently.

Your joking right...

EDIT: You mean Tommy V.

Just any defender who is good in the air would be nice!

I hope if we are in for a couple CB's it means that Cawwa is is willing to take a step back for the growth of the team and be a bit part player next year

It'd be good for Carra if he is willing to be a bit part player and come in when injuries or loss of form for someone to cover, plus he can cover all across the back four.

Especially if the squad we assemble is good enough to win the title, he'll get his medal, he can also focus more on his coaching badges next season if he's not playing as much.

Could be the best for him personally and the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back