The Bigfooty NBA Week 17 Thread - "Insane" trade sees Aussie NBA Star Kyrie Irving headed to the Mavericks

Remove this Banner Ad

I get the thinking but it's still horrible for Utah. Nowhere near enough future compensation, Lakers making out like bandits

I want some of whatever the Bulls are smoking if they're serious about Westbrook
Some GM’s seriously seem to think like 14 year olds kids on 2k. Blinded by the name Westbrook.

you gave up two decent rotation players to get back a negative asset with only one protected first coming back? So you can have free cap space as a tanking team in Utah? I mean I guess it might work but I don’t rate it
Yeah I dunno. Beasley has shot below .400 these last two seasons and only has a team option for next year and Conley will be making 24m at age 36. Maybe there wasn't much interest in them and now the Jazz add a first and are in a ($24m) better position to be part of trades over the summer and next season where they can take on a few more assets?

I'm not saying it was a great haul, but as a Suns fan I've seen Crowder's expiring result in nothing all year (although I don't rule out Phoenix's general incompetence there), so maybe it's just a bare market and they didn't think they could get much next year for Conley's expiring.

Last edited:
Boston Block Party here

no-no-no-not-today.gif

Absolutely wonderful defensive efforts and stops, especially from Derrick White ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RELEASE THE CONFETTI !!!

philly-confetti.gif

GOOD OLD BOSTON FOREVER
WE KNOW HOW TO WIN CHIPS
SIDE BY SIDE WE WHIP THE SIXERS
TO UPHOLD THE CELTICS NAME
SEE SOOKS LIKE EMBIID CRYING
AS ALL PHILLY SOOKS DO
OH THE CHAMPIONSHIP IS A CAKEWALK
FOR THE GOOD OLD BOSTON !!!

**** Yeah !!!

images

Yeah I dunno. Beasley has shot below .400 these last two seasons and only has a team option for next year and Conley will be making 24m at age 36. Maybe there wasn't much interest in them and now the Jazz add a first and are in a ($24m) better position to be part of trades over the summer and next season where they can take on a few more assets?

I'm not saying it was a great haul, but as a Suns fan I've seen Crowder's expiring result in nothing all year (although I don't rule out Phoenix's general incompetence there), so maybe it's just a bare market and they didn't think they could get much next year for Conley's expiring.
Yeah I don’t want to make it out like it’s the worst deal in the world, but I just saw if the pick doesn’t convert that first year it turns in to a second… the Lakers seems to have gotten everything they wanted. I’m surprised that this was the best they could do and that they waited so long to pull the trigger that tanking in to the best odds for Wemby will be tough as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bigfooty NBA Week 17 Thread - "Insane" trade sees Aussie NBA Star Kyrie Irving headed to the Mavericks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back