Star Wars The Book of Boba Fett

Remove this Banner Ad

Slow start but great episode to show him as a survivor. Gets his arse kicked a lot but somehow gets through shit situations.

Good way to establish him.

All the nostalgic stuff was a nice touch too.

Flashbacks were perfect.

The opening 12 minutes, where not a word was spoken, containing some key flashbacks etc was sensational (particularly the brief glimpses of Kamino and Geonosis).

Middle part of the episode was a bit average, wasn’t sure about that ambush fight scene. The final third much better.

Had always wondered whether he killed the Sarlaac or not. I’m guessing torching it from the inside with a flamethrower did the trick.

Thats how you do an introduction episode

From 1st time watchers to seasoned vets it covered the ground you hoped for - and more.

Not upset at no 'hook' - that will come - because its now time for it to kick off big

I suspect the ambush fight scene had to do with the mayor who didn't attend the tribute and expected Bobba to pay him off. But it did feel a bit out of the blue with no real purpose. It'll be one of those things we'll have to wait and see how they explain it in future eps. Maybe they could've put out a double episode to start with to give us an idea about the story going forward. But as an introduction episode, I really liked it.

I enjoyed it but I think a lot of people gonna feel disappointed because there was no hook to make you want to see the next episode

Those ninja/free running stunt guys don’t fit in the Star Wars universe imo the whole fight scene was a bit meh

Pretty much my thoughts. But I will continue to watch because I'm a big fan of Robert Rodriguez, ever since I saw El Mariachi on DVD 20+ years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one wants to see their heroes get old or fat (or take to wearing a skirt). Though if they can age like Ming-Na Wen, you get a pass. I would be happy leaving Boba in the past, time to move forward or some such similar phrasing ;)
You spent like 3 years gibbering on about how good it was that Luke got old and fat.
Now your upset about old POC being fat and wearing skirts.

I enjoyed it but I think a lot of people gonna feel disappointed because there was no hook to make you want to see the next episode

I'm in this camp I think. I didn't mind the episode but I came out of the whole thing no clearer what this series is and why I should watch it other than "Boba Fett is cool". I'm not going to judge a series this early but I can't help but think how, had they not blown their load with having the Boba Fett kills Bib Fortuna scene as a part credits scene for Mando that they could've shuffled things around here and made that their hook for this episode and it would've really sold me. Still, it's Star Wars, I'll be back every week.

That large sand monster at the end reminded me of the classic mortal kombat villain. Was trying to figure out what happened upon their return to the Tusken camp - was it made out to be that the young Tusken child was the one who killed it? Or was he relaying to them that Boba killed it and saved his life etc? I think that’s what was happening but just a little unsure.

That large sand monster at the end reminded me of the classic mortal kombat villain. Was trying to figure out what happened upon their return to the Tusken camp - was it made out to be that the young Tusken child was the one who killed it? Or was he relaying to them that Boba killed it and saved his life etc? I think that’s what was happening but just a little unsure.

My interpretation was that the Tusken child told everyone that Boba Fett killed the sand monster by miming the act of strangulation by chain (a nod to how Jabba died perhaps). Then the Tusken leader gave the water to Boba Fett to drink as recognition of his act of saving the child.

My interpretation was that the Tusken child told everyone that Boba Fett killed the sand monster by miming the act of strangulation by chain (a nod to how Jabba died perhaps). Then the Tusken leader gave the water to Boba Fett to drink as recognition of his act of saving the child.

Yes makes absolute sense. That was my interpretation watching it as well. Only later on in thinking about it again did I ponder if Boba made it seem that the kid killed it (he was carrying its severed head etc), as some form of trial/right of accession or something that a boy of his age might be put through. Anyway, a nice scene regardless.

Yes makes absolute sense. That was my interpretation watching it as well. Only later on in thinking about it again did I ponder if Boba made it seem that the kid killed it (he was carrying its severed head etc), as some form of trial/right of accession or something that a boy of his age might be put through. Anyway, a nice scene regardless.
Either way the child survived a fight with it. Boba came back with a broken chain, the Tusken Chief knows he didn't need to come back and that the child and 'dog' wouldn't have been able to stop him leaving. The message is all about respect over fear.

You spent like 3 years gibbering on about how good it was that Luke got old and fat.
You shut your mouth!!! Luke didn’t get fat.

Hilarious that a joke about wearing a skirt has got a few of you crying RACIST! And you’re even adding POC even though I never mentioned skin colour. Pretty pathetic pivot. Boba Fett’s not Maori in case you’re confused, he’s Mandalorian, which is a made-up race. So he’s not wearing traditional Maori outfits. Great for Morrison that he gets to go to work in something he’s comfortable in. But Fett could have come out wearing a kilt and I still would have laughed and I love those drunk Scottish bastards.

38 minute episode seemed to be over way quick, we both exclaimed "is that it" when it finished. We've all been too conditioned ny netflix to watch entire series in 2 days though.

Did lol at boba obliterating a bloke with a missle and then immediately telling fennec to capture them alive though.

The opening 12 minutes, where not a word was spoken, containing some key flashbacks etc was sensational (particularly the brief glimpses of Kamino and Geonosis).

Middle part of the episode was a bit average, wasn’t sure about that ambush fight scene. The final third much better.

Had always wondered whether he killed the Sarlaac or not. I’m guessing torching it from the inside with a flamethrower did the trick.

I took it as he didn't kill it in this iteration, more bored a hole through it since you know, no explosion to actually kill it given how massive it is. Will probably be used later in some thread.

Do agree though, first third was nice.

So where did that Stormtrooper come from?

To be digested over a thousand years, so likely was a random, since working oxygen tube likely a Jabba + Luke option where Boba got yeeted into it last and Sarlacc went "thanks" and started digesting to troop immediately.

I took it immediately as kid tells others how he did it, Boba takes over now Rodian "not rocking boat" despite harbouring freedom so did it to endear himself to the "tribe" to then vanish later. Hence same kid from before as opposed to any of the other that beat him to then hold same Gaffi stick as newbie. Then elder sees that and water as "knows" instead of most the folk celebrating the kid becoming an adult seemingly as congrats you felled the stalker beast thing, now you can mate.

That farm that got pillaged is likely going to be used for a more permanent thing to then have Tuskan support given location. So am assuming mayor tries siege and gets bodied by Tuskans as surprise butt stuff.

We then know from present that he has NFI about language in general, so was more a presence thing for mine to then play with his "respect" angle. The parkour ninja troupe I gathered were the additional delegation from the mayor as was very heavy handed in delivery, so Boba tried non lethal as repect yo, got bodied for Gamorrian "see bitch?" help to then juxtapose the last guy with a missile.

All a bit heavy. Still, good ep though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Star Wars The Book of Boba Fett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back