Stage The Book of Mormon

Remove this Banner Ad

Idk, most stuff? I'm not super picky but I find scatalogical humour a bit boring/obvious, and from a satirical perspective potting Mormons is shooting fish in a barrel. I just think it's not for me.

It's had an amazing reception so I'm not questioning that it's got merit. Less well received in the UK than the US so I am sure cultural translation is part of the problem.

Not awful but I can't say I'd recommend it to anyone I know.

Looking for tickets and they all seem to be min. $220 !! Can this be right?

Aim for tickets early/mid weekday and as late datewise as possible, had the same problem finding tickets under $100 too.

Going in June I think.

I like a lot of stuff. I happen to have a few problems with a few things you apparently happen to like. Sorry if that offends.

I saw the show in New York in 2013 and paid ridiculously top dollar for the seats (price was based on supply and demand). It was worth every penny. I saw it in Melbourne again last year and laughed as loudly as I did first time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most overrated show ever...... still don’t get all the hype. I said to my wife at the half time interval “is it just me or is it just not that funny???” She agreed with me.

Most overrated show ever...... still don’t get all the hype. I said to my wife at the half time interval “is it just me or is it just not that funny???” She agreed with me.
What do you find funny?

You 2 must be a riot to be around

You're made for each other.

The answer to the question you posed to your wife is - It's just you...and your wife. Are you Mormons by any chance?

The answer to the question you posed to your wife is - It's just you...and your wife. Are you Mormons by any chance?

Nope both catholic. We both love Ricky Gervais - excluding life on the road, Dylan Moran, Simon Pegg etc. Back in the day we both loved South Park which made us even more disappointed in BOM.

Agree second half is better but overall 5/10 if that ...

Saw the Australian production in Sydney last Sunday after first seeing it in NYC five years ago and it's still amazing.

I have always felt Nabulungi is the anchor of the show who pulls the Mormons out of their cardboard box, and Zahra Newman's performance was true to this.

The second half is much better than the first, with some incredibly poignant scenes, and "Tomorrow is a Latter Day" is a wonderfully uplifting closing number.

Just reading this thread is the the thing that put me over the edge. Going to suggest it to my wife tonight and work out when we can go and see it.

I generally hate musicals though. We went quite often when I was a kid (and could've been in the Sydney production of Joseph, but my parents had planned a holiday during it) and I loved them, but as an adult I've found them terrible. I came up with a little saying "Musical comedy is rarely either", so I'm no second guessing my desire to go again haha.

Tell me, with that mini biography, am I going to enjoy this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Stage The Book of Mormon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back