The Brad Ebert Story, feat. WC, Port and WB

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Brad Ebert

IMHO, the person that has come out of this whole trade looking like a bitch, is Brad Ebert himself.

I'm not sure what the official reason for him wanting a trade, but its been bandied around that he was looking for more time in the midfield and/or was disappointed to be pushed out of the best 22. Doesn't say much for his character if this is the case if he'd rather run to another club that actually work to achieve his goals.

Wanting to move back to Adelaide for family reasons? Fair enough. But if that is the case, he should be happy to accept a deal with Adelaide... rather than have his manager come out a declare that he's going to Port and only Port.

West Coast have actually been very good to Ebert. He's been given way more game time than he probably deserves. And his father was given a job at the club. In return, he's walked out on the club for some pretty lame reason, and completely screwed us over by insisting on only going to Port.

And for Port fans that somehow think it is West Coast's fault for picking up anyone called "Ebert", you should check out Brandon Matera. Seems very happy at Gold Coast and doesn't have any intention of coming home. Ebert could learn some professionalism from the kid.

Are you thick? How can you seriously not have grasped the situation after 1000+ posts on the topic already :eek:

Brad Ebert and Port Adelaide are inextricably linked. 7 players on both his paternal and maternal side fought over 1200 games for Port Adelaide, including 4 time Magarey Medallist, 3 time premiership captain Russell Ebert. His father, his grandfather, and his great grandfather all played for the Port Adelaide Football Club. That is some ridiculous, unrivaled heritage.

This is bigger than West Coast, this is bigger than South Australia; this is a Port Adelaide thing.

ps. you're a twat

IMHO, the person that has come out of this whole trade looking like a bitch, is Brad Ebert himself.

I'm not sure what the official reason for him wanting a trade, but its been bandied around that he was looking for more time in the midfield and/or was disappointed to be pushed out of the best 22. Doesn't say much for his character if this is the case if he'd rather run to another club that actually work to achieve his goals.

Wanting to move back to Adelaide for family reasons? Fair enough. But if that is the case, he should be happy to accept a deal with Adelaide... rather than have his manager come out a declare that he's going to Port and only Port.

And here is exactly the reason this thread made it to over 1000 posts. And this isn't the first time this has been posted in this thread.

If you really want to know this is from a Rucci article from the advertiser

On the paternal and maternal sides of his family, Brad Ebert has a heritage reaching 1204 games at the Port Adelaide Football Club - 164 by his great grandfather Ken Obst; 200 by his grandfather, 1967 Magarey Medallist Trevor Obst; 112 by his father Craig Ebert; 171 by his great uncle Peter Obst; 392 by his uncle, four-time Magarey Medallist Russell Ebert; 58 by his second cousin Andrew Obst and 107 by cousin Brett.

I think thats wrong too in his grandfather played 205 and Brett has now played 150 not including the games he has played for Port Magpies.

Add to this there are 6 Magarey medals in the family too.

yeah really like Matera that is. Is Ebert still a little bitch??

Wow, a West Coast fan who gets the whole Port link unlike the peanut above and his epic rant. :thumbsu:
Don't over-analyse my mention of the Port link, it's just like any other club where a family member played.

This is bigger than West Coast, this is bigger than South Australia; this is a Port Adelaide thing.

ps. you're a twat

Don't disagree with you're post or anything. But in isolation i found this pretty good. :thumbsu:

Can people please stop trying to shop Surjan around? Unless we get a really good deal (which we wont after a bad year) i'd be shocked if we traded him.

Surjan is out he door, and it has nothing to do with his football talent, Port can't wait to see the back of both him and Motlop.

And here is exactly the reason this thread made it to over 1000 posts. And this isn't the first time this has been posted in this thread.

If you really want to know this is from a Rucci article from the advertiser

On the paternal and maternal sides of his family, Brad Ebert has a heritage reaching 1204 games at the Port Adelaide Football Club - 164 by his great grandfather Ken Obst; 200 by his grandfather, 1967 Magarey Medallist Trevor Obst; 112 by his father Craig Ebert; 171 by his great uncle Peter Obst; 392 by his uncle, four-time Magarey Medallist Russell Ebert; 58 by his second cousin Andrew Obst and 107 by cousin Brett.

I think thats wrong too in his grandfather played 205 and Brett has now played 150 not including the games he has played for Port Magpies.

Add to this there are 6 Magarey medals in the family too.

yeah really like Matera that is. Is Ebert still a little bitch??

Absolutely.

And here is exactly the reason this thread made it to over 1000 posts.

No it isn't. The reason it has made to over 1000 posts is Port trying to screw us over and most of the Port supporters backing this up and telling us to get ****ed. Then us telling you to get ****ed in return. Then rinse and repeat.

I don't give a shit if he is so linked to Port through his relatives. However, you would think it would be nice if you could give us a decent deal for a player that is allegedly so important to Port. However Port holds the cards, so they're trying to screw us over. Personally, I hope it comes back to bite Port. Sooner rather than later would be good.

Re: Brad Ebert Part 2

The thing is 28 + 33 for Ebert + 45 is a fair enough deal under the circumstances. This is what the trade should be and could of been done day 1. Port still win from this deal, they are just deliberately trying to screw wce as much as possible because they have a strong bargaining position. If they try and screw us i hope the club does not cooperate with them in the future.

So, they are paying unders, but he is a spud. :rolleyes:

You can't have it both ways!

It's all relative. Just because he's a spud to us doesn't mean we give him away to a team who obviously thinks he isn't a spud. He's best 22 material to a bottom 8 side like port in a draft where the cream has already been skimmed before it begins. Pick 33 in this draft isn't just "unders", it's insulting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port Adelaide are lucky you have clubs like west coast propping you up. So give us pick 6 for ebert and 23 and we'll throw in 200k. But don't spend it all at once.

^^^ obsession.

It'll get you another slow player with poor disposal and decision making...

Calm down people. Ebert isn't very good.

What gets lost in the 1,000 odd posts of dribble, is that Ebert is 'Very highly rated within the club' in-which we are 'Very disappointed' to lose him.

But carry on fellas.

It's all relative. Just because he's a spud to us doesn't mean we give him away to a team who obviously thinks he isn't a spud. He's best 22 material to a bottom 8 side like port in a draft where the cream has already been skimmed before it begins. Pick 33 in this draft isn't just "unders", it's insulting.

Firstly, it is unimportant to his value how good he is compared to Port's list. Secondly, spuds don't get picked to 20+ games in top 4 sides when playing in positions with high competition.

Wow, this is nasty.

I thought Pick 28 for Brad would be fair Eagles fans?

In the same thread according to the WCE dude he's both a spud and worth more than a 2nd rounder.

Fortunately if you wade through the crap you get some pretty decent posts.

I'd be happy enough for us to give up 28, but really, what's the difference between 28 and 33? Not much in the scheme of things. It's just a matter of which side blinks first.

At least Dwayne Russell can finally stop going on about Crows overlooking Ebert & taking Dangerfield. Everyone knew back then he would eventually end up at Port & no surprise still he's headed there after 4 years.

How about a 3-way deal involving Melbourne:

West Coast
Gain: Maric + 33
Lose: Ebert + 45

Port Adelaide
Gain: Ebert
Lose: #33 + #51

Melbourne
Gain: #45 + #51
Lose: Maric

Not sure if I've valued Maric well enough though.

but now Brad Ebert is the most talented player to ever pull on the boots according to some West Coast supporters

those same supporters called him a good ordinary player a few weeks ago

A champ in your team, a spud in ours.

Worth more than pick 33 in a compromised draft. End of.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Brad Ebert Story, feat. WC, Port and WB

Remove this Banner Ad

Back