The Bulldogs and Umpires: Time for a Royal Commission?

Remove this Banner Ad

When you have a small forward who blatantly dives for free kicks (Weightman) and see 2 goal turnarounds in close matches (e.g. Keath elbowing McCarthy and getting a free kick for copping a hit back which allowed Smith to goal)...the term kissed on the dick definitely applies.

false. Try again. Got slung to the ground.

Did McCarthy get hit? End-on vision clearly shows it. Miles off the ball. Those sort of free kicks rob teams of momentum. Happened earlier in the match too. Elbow into guts I think it was Adams. Zorko flies the flag and gets pinged.

Show us the second one I don’t recall Zorko giving a free away for flying the flag.

You can keep going all you like, you’re wasting your time. The 2016 flag was so bloody tasty.

You're making an obvious and redundant point. Yes I can keep going all I like just as you can. Your arguments are shit.

Secondly when a club hasn't won a flag longer than what most people have been alive I'm sure it's tasty, doesn't mean it's not flavoured with taste of faeces.

If you're walking in the desert for three days I'm sure even water from a pond that's just had a camel empty it's bowels would be very tasty too.

You're making an obvious and redundant point. Yes I can keep going all I like just as you can. Your arguments are sh*t.

Secondly when a club hasn't won a flag longer than what most people have been alive I'm sure it's tasty, doesn't mean it's not flavoured with taste of faeces.

If you're walking in the desert for three days I'm sure even water from a pond that's just had a camel empty it's bowels would be very tasty too.

You’ve officially put me to asleep. Camel poo and a dogs premiership in the same sentence. You weirdo. Go away.

AFL total attendance in 2021 so far at a nudge under 3.9m. Total attendance at Bulldogs games somewhere around 370k, so if even 50% of that were Bulldogs supporters that's 185k Bulldog bums on seats. 185k out of 3.9 million people. TV ratings, jesus I don't even know where to start with making estimates about that but lets just continue the trend and say whatever the number is then Bulldog favouring viewers are maybe 10-15% of that total.

Your much wider diasporic communities would have to number into the millions to make grand fudgery of this scale by the AFL worth it. Millions of people out there who wouldn't otherwise be sucked into this portal to the AFL product except for their connection to these 20k people who live in Footscray, of which about half are your migrant communities that you're basing this all on.

Wild. I wonder if the people of Footscray realise just how much power they wield.
I never said there is a conspiracy. But various Dogs supporters invited suggestions on what the AFL's possible motives could be were such a ludicrous conspiracy to exist.

You are dismissing a suggestion by viewing it entirely in isolation, rather than considering the idea of numerous elements being part of a wider general intention.

Honestly, after reading The Boys' Club I don't know what I think of the AFL's motives anymore.

56cbd121030b778729a3814c76e5989a.jpg

The odd game where your club doesn't pay umpires doesn't equate to the Dogs not sending crypto or transferring money in the Cayman Islands to the umpiring scum in other games.
I like where your head is at Roby, the Western Bulldogs are sponsored by the cryptocurrency exchange CoinSpot and cryptocurrency transactions are by definition untraceable to authority. It's the perfect plan that no one can ever prove or disprove.

And yet only dogs get a mention. Port fans on here have been very vocal about our flops and dives and many free kicks. Yet they had more free kicks than us this year 🤣. It’s quite hilarious.

No one really minds if you get a lot of 50/50 free kicks as long as you get penalised the other way. This is where the distribution is off. You average 3.5 frees more than you opposition a game., Geelong are 2nd with 1.6 more. The entire ladder except you and Richmond (-3 ff) are between is between Geelongs 1.6 frees more for and Saints -1.5 frees for. That is a huge gap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one really minds if you get a lot of 50/50 free kicks as long as you get penalised the other way. This is where the distribution is off. You average 3.5 frees more than you opposition a game., Geelong are 2nd with 1.6 more. The entire ladder except you and Richmond (-3 ff) are between is between Geelongs 1.6 frees more for and Saints -1.5 frees for. That is a huge gap.

If that’s the argument then that’s fine. I’ve been saying this all along- it’s our low frees against that shows the big differential. It makes the frees for, dives, flops become irrelevant and more about what they aren’t paying against us. It makes most of the shi* on here irrelevant. Sadly I think too many people find anything to whinge about.

Most of the posts on here are driven by ladder position, previous games against us and where your club is at. If we were on the bottom of the ladder and not a threat to anyone, nobody would be saying anything. Spare us the need for league equality. If you wanted league equality, you’d be equally fuming about richmonds umpiring hammering the last few years. But you don’t mention anything because they have still managed to smash you all and won 3 of the last 4 flags.

I never said there is a conspiracy. But various Dogs supporters invited suggestions on what the AFL's possible motives could be were such a ludicrous conspiracy to exist.

You are dismissing a suggestion by viewing it entirely in isolation, rather than considering the idea of numerous elements being part of a wider general intention.

Honestly, after reading The Boys' Club I don't know what I think of the AFL's motives anymore.
No look, honestly I'm picking away at your suggestion (which I completely understand you don't actually believe and it was just an idea BTW) because there are genuinely people out there who keep harping on about this hidden agenda to support the club but who never actually give a reason as to why it could be. And because you did I'm just trying to pull it apart a bit to show that it's a fairly ridiculous statement to hear when I've supported the club for my whole life, and the idea that we're secretly benefiting whilst the reality has been a lifetime of treatment like the friend nobody actually wanted to invite to the party well.... it's just kinda hilarious.

I'm not viewing it in isolation, if anything I'm trying to apply to the idea to the bigger picture of the whole football industry in this country and show that the AFL has far, far, far more to lose by appearing to benefit the Bulldogs at the expense of everybody else than they have to gain. It's not even conjecture worthy of a tinfoil hat because there's simply no payoff. Like I said re your idea, if it was genuinely all about accessing migrant communities to convert them across to the game, this wouldn't be the most successful or even most devious way of doing it. Footscray and the surrounding suburbs are also now fairly stacked with inner city hip kids who can no longer afford to live in the inner city as far as I can tell so, well, shit I don't even know how they would be valuable to anybody if the idea was to solidify that support locally.
If there are power games at play I just genuinely believe that it's happening in the bigger clubs and we're not really in the focus, as we've never been.

Anyway, thanks for mentioning The Boys Club. Hadn't heard about it but I'm looking forward to reading it now. :thumbsu:

You REALLY value cheating.

Hawthorn fans and bagging another club about cheating. The irony is ridiculous after all the under the table payments as Don Scott tells us and the zones never moving.
Than we had #freekickhawthorn.
All those preliminary finals hawthorn needed umpiring help and 3 games in a row 2016 with big late terrible decisions to get you those wins.
Such a plastic club.

Hawthorn fans and bagging another club about cheating. The irony is ridiculous after all the under the table payments as Don Scott tells us and the zones never moving.
Than we had #freekickhawthorn.
All those preliminary finals hawthorn needed umpiring help and 3 games in a row 2016 with big late terrible decisions to get you those wins.
Such a plastic club.

It’s a dic* sizing contest in here. Sprinkle that with people being bored and wanting to troll others for fun. What can ya do.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bulldogs and Umpires: Time for a Royal Commission?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back