Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have faith that coaches know which stats are important and which aren’t. I doubt we would hire Luff just to feed Voss stats.
i heard something about him having new ties to us.
I trust nothing from this coaching group, this is the group playing Kennedy at HB & playing Ed.
Voss reckons it’s all ok, the stats largely back that story, what we see on field is a different story

Not sure what thread this belongs on but….
Wheelo rating allows u to download every stat as an excel spread sheet.

We are pretty much improved on last year on everything (* knows how)

There’s a few stand outs thou-
Big differences on Centre Clearance 10.1 vs 12.4 (that’s a 20% drop off)
Coaches Votes 18.1 to 11.4 (37% drop)
Marks on Lead 9.4 vs 8.1 (13% drop)

The Biggest changes
Stoppage Clearances Differential 2.5 to .25 (90% down)
Ground ball get differential 11.4 to -.8 (-107%)
Scoring is obviously down too

Bounces 9.9 to 4.4 (that’s 55% drop off)

Personally I believe the bulk of stats are pure bullshit & meaning less - but did one of the champion data guys join us? Is he feeding this s**t to Voss? Stats show we have improved in most areas 🤦‍♂️

What I think that actually counts is:
  • bounces have halved
  • we are losing centre clearance, it was a strength now a weakness
  • coaches votes are massively down- it means * all, but it shows our good players are at nowhere near their output of last year
  • ground ball gets were a strength now a weakness

Anyway, as u can see I started down a rabbit hole & got a little lost 😂

What about goalkicking accuracy? Surely we’d be well down on that stat this year v last year?

i heard something about him having new ties to us.
I trust nothing from this coaching group, this is the group playing Kennedy at HB & playing Ed.
Voss reckons it’s all ok, the stats largely back that story, what we see on field is a different story

Luff is a part of the list management team as far as I’m aware, he’s not just a stats guy, he was a list manager

Not sure what thread this belongs on but….
Wheelo rating allows u to download every stat as an excel spread sheet.

We are pretty much improved on last year on everything (* knows how)

There’s a few stand outs thou-
Big differences on Centre Clearance 10.1 vs 12.4 (that’s a 20% drop off)
Coaches Votes 18.1 to 11.4 (37% drop)
Marks on Lead 9.4 vs 8.1 (13% drop)

The Biggest changes
Stoppage Clearances Differential 2.5 to .25 (90% down)
Ground ball get differential 11.4 to -.8 (-107%)
Scoring is obviously down too

Bounces 9.9 to 4.4 (that’s 55% drop off)

Personally I believe the bulk of stats are pure bullshit & meaning less - but did one of the champion data guys join us? Is he feeding this s**t to Voss? Stats show we have improved in most areas 🤦‍♂️

What I think that actually counts is:
  • bounces have halved
  • we are losing centre clearance, it was a strength now a weakness
  • coaches votes are massively down- it means * all, but it shows our good players are at nowhere near their output of last year
  • ground ball gets were a strength now a weakness

Anyway, as u can see I started down a rabbit hole & got a little lost 😂

Where is the stat for the four mosyt ineffectual forwards in rteh competition being carried all year ? - oh yeah that would be in the 'attack' stat yeah? The major stat in the red....

but you and your mates carp on ( not the incorrect spelling of the word) about but Dow or but but- slow ball movement or ..but but Voss...

oh yeah stats are meaningless and the earth is flat too...

euyah numbers and stuff - yeah numbers bad...nothing to see in measurement ...

just LOLs

Just seen an ad for Cash Converters, and Crippa at Cash Converters. We must be broken if Cripps is now shopping there...
Petracca, Simon black, Toby Greene, Cameron ling all must be broken too

Where is the stat for the four mosyt ineffectual forwards in rteh competition being carried all year ? - oh yeah that would be in the 'attack' stat yeah? The major stat in the red....

but you and your mates carp on ( not the incorrect spelling of the word) about but Dow or but but- slow ball movement or ..but but Voss...

oh yeah stats are meaningless and the earth is flat too...

euyah numbers and stuff - yeah numbers bad...nothing to see in measurement ...

just LOLs
Idk about you but wouldn't a success story like dow be a nice thing this year ? My support for him is simply hoping for a bright spot this season. Completely independent of anything outside of that and I can guarantee no one thinks he's a saviour. It's as simple as Carlton aren't fun to watch. Something that would be enjoyable is seeing Dow come in and succeed. Especially as he's firmly an underdog story now.

Half the issue is the pigeon holing players in a position and saying they can only get a game when that specific role opens up.. I am certain Binns would have given us more playing off half forward than Honey did, yet because Binns is a winger he had to wait for a spot on the wing.. We need our whole squad to be able to play multiple positions if we are to drive forward.

Completely agree, while at the same time it seems that players that dont have a second position or are versatile dont get played. I think this is one of the coaches reasons for not playing dow. All of our other mids bar cripps can move around and play other positions

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We’ve just got to kick straight!
This, times a thousand. There's a lot we've got to fix up, but if there is anything to the 80/20 rule then this would be the one thing that would make the most immediate impact. Arguably could have given us an extra couple of wins already, which would mean we would be still in touch with the 8.

On SM-A136B using BigFooty.com mobile app

We’ve just got to kick straight!
And
Go down the middle
Play with dare and speed
Play with want and passion
Get our intercept game back
Tackle like we mean it
Be switched on 4x4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The feeling amongst the playing group is: "It's going to turn soon"

They want to stay the course. This is from the couple of players I've spoken to recently.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Were they wearing bird feathers and reading from cheat sheets during the conversation...?

The marketing/social media imbeciles at the club are so out of touch with the footy supporters.
They have no idea how to read the room.
So fed up with their bullshit gimmicks, catchcries etc.
Stop wasting our time with all the other crap … just give us an honest, competitive team to support from week to week …

The marketing/social media imbeciles at the club are so out of touch with the footy supporters.
Stop wasting our time with all the other crap … just give us an honest, competitive team to support from week to week …
They’re trying to build this as a marque game.. nothing wrong with it. I guess this generation just can’t embrace the past regardless of the present.

I get it though, I was 25 when we won in 95… I feel for the next generation that’s been let down time after time.

They want to stay the course. This is from the couple of players I've spoken to recently.

It starts with belief. Good that they have that still. However 'It' can be delusion or success. So will have to wait and see 😬.

Broadly I agree with you but I have a lot of time for Carlton respects. That program does a lot for the community.

Everything else should be mothballed, Charlie's club, captain Carlton, McGovern's 100th, ****ing bobbleheads.

The cups would have been embarrassing if we were in the top4, from a bunch of ****ing losers living in the past it was mortifying.

Club should go with no frills branding and nothing else until we are a genuine challenging team, be that 1 year or 20, they won't lose fans faster than they are now.

They are delusional.

Heard Docherty after the game last night.
Love the man but gee his response to some of the questions seemed to indicate it’s been drummed into them that the process and systems are more important than the result.
That’s the words of losers.

I'm not opposed to Voss coaching on next yr with a complete change of the assistants.

I think it works for the club in 2 ways, 1 we see how Voss goes with a revamped assitant team. Ideally one with tactical and strategy nous.

But 2, I think realistically (this is just my opinion) Hardwick will take a yr off. I don't think he's coaching next yr, so we could try the above approach and if it still doesn't work we can go after Hardwick without needing to sack a coach. It's a cleaner way, and we can also say we did our best to support Voss but even with the shift in staff and assistants he still wasn't the man. No one could take issue with that approach.

Of course the other way point 2 could go is it does work and the new approach to the footy department does turn things around then it's a win anyway.

Good, then we need to back them in, not treat them with utter garbage they copped in the race post much last night. I was ashamed to be a Carlton Supporter and Member after watching that on the news. A Carlton official needed to go into that section of the crowd and tell them what a disgrace they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back