Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as it is nice to compare us today to Melbourne in 2020, it is very generous. We have between 6-8 players playing every week that wouldn’t get a game in Melbourne’s flag team and almost nonexistent depth to fix it.

It takes about 5 minutes of watching VFL to realise that Binns should be playing AFL ahead of some of our other options on the wing.
Yep, 1st time u see him balls something up & then bust his butt to win it back shows commitment most don’t have. Not that he balls it up that often

Voss has seriously mastered talking for 10 minutes and saying not much. Wish we had some proper journos asking real question compared to the soft ass questions they lob up

In fairness though most coaches are the same. Like politicians they hung drawn and quartered if they say the wrong thing so they just say nothing.

In fairness though most coaches are the same. Like politicians they hung drawn and quartered if they say the wrong thing so they just say nothing.
Exactly! Voss couldn't even say "we aren't good enough at the moment" without David King going off at him for saying it.

Voss has seriously mastered talking for 10 minutes and saying not much. Wish we had some proper journos asking real question compared to the soft ass questions they lob up
He should be answering questions from posters on this forum.

It takes about 5 minutes of watching VFL to realise that Binns should be playing AFL ahead of some of our other options on the wing.
Half the issue is the pigeon holing players in a position and saying they can only get a game when that specific role opens up.. I am certain Binns would have given us more playing off half forward than Honey did, yet because Binns is a winger he had to wait for a spot on the wing.. We need our whole squad to be able to play multiple positions if we are to drive forward.

Half the issue is the pigeon holing players in a position and saying they can only get a game when that specific role opens up.. I am certain Binns would have given us more playing off half forward than Honey did, yet because Binns is a winger he had to wait for a spot on the wing.. We need our whole squad to be able to play multiple positions if we are to drive forward.
Amen.

I can understand wanting to hold him back to develop in the reserves for a bit, but he has more than earned his chance. Well overdue for a debut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most iconic moment in Australian Rules history, an image burned into our collective memories, would have to be Alex Jesaulenko's towering mark in the 1970 Grand Final.

Surely deserves a statue immortalising it outside the MCG.
Above the G

The most iconic moment in Australian Rules history, an image burned into our collective memories, would have to be Alex Jesaulenko's towering mark in the 1970 Grand Final.

Surely deserves a statue immortalising it outside the MCG.
Although A. Walker atop human bomber stepladder with hat as crown would slso be good.

Not sure what thread this belongs on but….
Wheelo rating allows u to download every stat as an excel spread sheet.

We are pretty much improved on last year on everything (* knows how)

There’s a few stand outs thou-
Big differences on Centre Clearance 10.1 vs 12.4 (that’s a 20% drop off)
Coaches Votes 18.1 to 11.4 (37% drop)
Marks on Lead 9.4 vs 8.1 (13% drop)

The Biggest changes
Stoppage Clearances Differential 2.5 to .25 (90% down)
Ground ball get differential 11.4 to -.8 (-107%)
Scoring is obviously down too

Bounces 9.9 to 4.4 (that’s 55% drop off)

Personally I believe the bulk of stats are pure bullshit & meaning less - but did one of the champion data guys join us? Is he feeding this s**t to Voss? Stats show we have improved in most areas 🤦‍♂️

What I think that actually counts is:
  • bounces have halved
  • we are losing centre clearance, it was a strength now a weakness
  • coaches votes are massively down- it means * all, but it shows our good players are at nowhere near their output of last year
  • ground ball gets were a strength now a weakness

Anyway, as u can see I started down a rabbit hole & got a little lost 😂

I have faith that coaches know which stats are important and which aren’t. I doubt we would hire Luff just to feed Voss stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back