Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Eight grand finals.
Four premierships.
Over 200 games.
Arguably best on ground in two grand finals, including the most famous grand final of all time.
Could play on-ball or key position.
In North Melbourne and Tasmanian Team of the Century

Still not in the Hall of Fame. What’s going on?
I know I should know this but who?

Eight grand finals.
Four premierships.
Over 200 games.
Arguably best on ground in two grand finals, including the most famous grand final of all time.
Could play on-ball or key position.
In North Melbourne and Tasmanian Team of the Century

Still not in the Hall of Fame. What’s going on?

The problem is he’s played under 100 games for each of the three clubs he played for - and under the Hall of Fame criteria it’s the clubs that nominate players for admission - and the clubs therefore tend to nominate players who have given longer service. The rules have been tweaked this year which will allow the AFL to nominate players - so players such as Brent Crosswell and Geoff Raines who played for multiple clubs but may have not given long service or left on less than positive terms can be nominated for admission.

Andy Maher announced the Jacob Weitering has gotten himself engaged on the Front Bar tonight.

Mark Arceri on the Front Bar in Sam's mark of the week segment. His goal (and our only goal for the day) with 33 seconds left against the Dogs got a run.
Did not realise it was that late in the game.

Yep. From a free kick as well. Steve McPherson? was very unhappy.

Was there that day on the outer wing.Freezin cold and raining all day.I remember Hawkins losing the plot at the umpire when we kicked that goal.Obviously he wanted us to remain goalless.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Did not realise it was that late in the game.

Remember listening to the radio “across the ground” segment in Tassie where they did the 3/4 time scores! Was a little sheepish thinking that we might be goalless for the game.

Relieved to see we got a least one goal in the final term. Didn’t know it was so late either!!

From memory the ground (Western Oval) was an absolute mud pit and the weather was awful. At least I hope that was the case!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was there that day on the outer wing.Freezin cold and raining all day.I remember Hawkins losing the plot at the umpire when we kicked that goal.Obviously he wanted us to remain goalless.

I was there also with my father who has just turned 96 years old... We sat in the stand with all the doggy supporters around us and it was a miserable day and the weather was as you described... We must have been gluttons for punishment because we were there for that single goal as well right at the end of the game

I was there also with my father who has just turned 96 years old... We sat in the stand with all the doggy supporters around us and it was a miserable day and the weather was as you described... We must have been gluttons for punishment because we were there for that single goal as well right at the end of the game

Yeh I wondered later why we stayed all day considering the conditions but yes we did want to see if we would score.

Mark Arceri on the Front Bar in Sam's mark of the week segment. His goal (and our only goal for the day) with 33 seconds left against the Dogs got a run.

Was there that day, but missed that goal after walking out to catch the early train home. Depressing

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Might have been standing near each other, I was under one of those shitty tin roofs they had standing room only.
First and only time I went that shit hole

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Did he he somehow weave into the conversation what a travesty it is he hasn’t been shortlisted in the All-Australian side.
Imagine living in a world where supposed good judges rate an honest plodder like Callum Wilkie to be a better player than Jacob Weitering.

Generally don't mind First Crack on FoxFooty. Kingy can be a bit smug at times but generally worth listening to. Tonight he's away and we have to cop Ben Dickson. He opens up with * will definitely make the preliminary final based on their lacklustre win over the Eagles. Has a look at their tough fixture and announces that they'll win most of them.

This bloke is getting paid to give opinions on Footy.

Generally don't mind First Crack on FoxFooty. Kingy can be a bit smug at times but generally worth listening to. Tonight he's away and we have to cop Ben Dickson. He opens up with * will definitely make the preliminary final based on their lacklustre win over the Eagles. Has a look at their tough fixture and announces that they'll win most of them.

This bloke is getting paid to give opinions on Footy.
With that opinion he must be son of a Dick.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back