The CFMEU vs the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Setka and his zombie following union nutcases, do nothing but increase the cost of infrastructure and holds the country to ransom.

The sooner we get their union loving ALP mates out of parliament the better the country will be.

Eventually somebody needs to stand up to this scumbags bullying tactics and tell him to f**k off.
Yeah, good luck with that.

The ALP know where their bread is buttered. They are a cuckold to the power of the CFMEU.
Are you all aware that Albo chucked Setka out of the Labor Party in 2019? And that Tony Burke ended up taking the AFLs side against Setka during this dispute?

Are you all aware that Albo chucked Setka out of the Labor Party in 2019? And that Tony Burke ended up taking the AFLs side against Setka during this dispute?
Really? They feigned outrage at Setka’s call for the AFL to sack Umpire McBurney from his current job, yet they sacked him from his previous government job at Setka’s behest in 2022.

Albo may have ‘chucked out’ Setka as a member of the ALP, but he still accepts his $$millions as a donor to the ALP.

Weasel words. And weasel actions. What would Bob Hawke have done?

Norm Gallagher was a saint compared to this grub of a bloke. If local council employees, public servants, politicians, union thugs and various other bottom feeders were held to the same standards that he was, the jails in this country would be overflowing. The whole joint is rotten and vested interests have no interest in seeing it cleared up.

I blame the Rum Corp myself but that is a whole other story.

Really? They feigned outrage at Setka’s call for the AFL to sack Umpire McBurney from his current job, yet they sacked him from his previous government job at Setka’s behest in 2022.
That was because Labor wound up the ABCC altogether, which was always their plan as they repeatedly voted against its establishment to begin with (hence why there was a double dissolution election in 2016). It was nothing personal against McBurney and it certainly wasn't at Setka's behest. This is a strange rewriting of history to make Setka seem more powerful than he actually was.

Albo may have ‘chucked out’ Setka as a member of the ALP, but he still accepts his $$millions as a donor to the ALP.
This is incorrect for two reasons. Firstly, it's the union's money, not Setka's personal fortune, so it's not "his millions". Secondly, the money that the Victorian branch of the CFMEU gave to federal Labor before the last election wasn't a donation, it was the legal costs that the CFMEU were obliged to pay for a failed lawsuit they launched against the Labor Party.

They're not on good terms, as evidenced by Albo today saying it was "good" that Setka resigned.

Last edited:
Norm Gallagher was a saint compared to this grub of a bloke. If local council employees, public servants, politicians, union thugs and various other bottom feeders were held to the same standards that he was, the jails in this country would be overflowing. The whole joint is rotten and vested interests have no interest in seeing it cleared up.

I blame the Rum Corp myself but that is a whole other story.
Rum Corps may have been dodgy, but they didn’t beat their wives, unlike this POS.

That was because Labor wound up the ABCC altogether, which was always their plan as they repeatedly voted against its establishment to begin with (hence why there was a double dissolution election in 2016). It was nothing personal against McBurney and it certainly wasn't at Setka's behest. This is a strange rewriting of history to make Setka seem more powerful than he actually was.

This is incorrect for two reasons. Firstly, it's the union's money, not Setka's personal fortune, so it's not "his millions". Secondly, the money that went to the Federal Labor Party before the last election from the CFMEU wasn't a donation, it was to settle a failed lawsuit by the CFMEU against Labor. They're not on good terms, as evidenced by Albo today saying it was "good" that Setka resigned as the head of the CFMEU.
Wrong. And wrong.

What possible reason could the ALP have for abolishing the ABCC other than CFMEU $$millions? It’s like abolishing the police force in the middle of a crime wave because you’re on the take from the crims. Corrupt as all f*ck.

And the $$millions in donations are listed in the CFMEU’s accounts as “Donations”. They aren’t in the “Legal Expenses/Litigation” line item. Go and read it for yourself, it’s all available online.

ALP is owned by the CFMEU. And they are both very good at making excuses for their behaviour. Which some people are gullible enough to believe.

What possible reason could the ALP have for abolishing the ABCC other than CFMEU $$millions?
Because they felt it was anti-worker and they didn't want it in the first place. Labor were very consistent in voting against it from the first time Turnbull introduced it.

You seem convinced that they can only oppose a Liberal Party policy if the unions demand they oppose it and threaten to take away donations if they don't. The reality is the Labor Party opposed a lot of Liberal Party initiatives and dismantled them. The ABCC was simply one among many.

It’s like abolishing the police force in the middle of a crime wave because you’re in the take from the crims. Corrupt as all f*ck.
You think the ABCC are great and noble and unique? What did they do that the Fair Work Ombudsman can't do?

And the $$millions in donations are listed in the CFMEU’s accounts as “Donations”. They aren’t in the “Legal Expenses/Litigation” line item. Go and read it for yourself, it’s all available online.
Perhaps you can link it then. Are you saying the Herald Sun is telling porkies to make the Labor Party look good? Why would they do that when they're known for being incredibly anti-Labor?

ALP is owned by the CFMEU.
They have a funny way of showing it seeing as they expelled Setka and generally regarded him as a nuisance in all public comments.

And they are both very good at making excuses for their behaviour. Which some people are gullible enough to believe.
All politicians do that. But you've failed to show that the Labor Party have any liking for Setka and were carrying out his vendetta against McBurney, which was the point of this conversation.

Wrong. And wrong.

What possible reason could the ALP have for abolishing the ABCC other than CFMEU $$millions? It’s like abolishing the police force in the middle of a crime wave because you’re on the take from the crims. Corrupt as all f*ck.

ALP is owned by the CFMEU. And they are both very good at making excuses for their behaviour. Which some people are gullible enough to believe.

The cfmeu gave 4 million to labor for the last state election.

The cfmeu gave 4 million to labor for the last state election.
Would you like to post a source for this claim? And did it come from the Victorian division, which was headed by Setka, or the national body, which wasn't?

This AFR article says the actual figure the Victorian CFMEU gave to the Victorian Labor Party before the state election was $170 000, a lot less than $4m.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you like to post a source for this claim? And did it come from the Victorian division, which was headed by Setka, or the national body, which wasn't?

This AFR article says the actual figure the Victorian CFMEU gave to the Victorian Labor Party before the state election was $170 000, a lot less than $4m.

The source was the federal liberal politician when she was interviewed on tv about setka the night after his threats to Mcburney. I forget her name, she is from w.a reasonably high up.

5 million from the union movement in totality going by your article though, still tells you where labors bread is buttered.
It’s always amusing seeing people be outraged over unions giving money to the political party it thinks will most help their members while being completely unbothered by corporations that hand over millions to parties that will look after its interests.

I know which one has the majority interest at heart the least.

It’s always amusing seeing people be outraged over unions giving money to the political party it thinks will most help their members while being completely unbothered by corporations that hand over millions to parties that will look after its interests.

I mentioned earlier I don't like any political donations and i like what malinaskus is doing in s.a. I do however get to see the unions power over the Victorian government through my job, it's despicable what they get up to.

And if you think that ALP industrial relations policy is motivated by benevolent intent and pure, uncorrupted notions of the public interest, rather than bought by CFMEU $$$, then I have a large bridge to sell you and a tooth fairy to introduce you to.

Amusing indeed!

Last edited:

The CFMEU vs the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back