The Chinese Communist party are campaigners

Remove this Banner Ad

China relies on being able to do things cheaper than anyone else. Not better than anyone else.

What happens when their raw inputs start to cost a lot more?

What happens when we sell our cheaper inputs to other 3rd world countries who are happy making trade deals with us and happy to take our investment money?
That would require other third world countries to suddenly be able to ramp up their smelting capacity in a short period of time, which I am unconvinced they can.
Let's not forget Chine also control 90% of rare earth minerals too which gives them huge power in the global electronics manufacturing trade. Japan found out the hard way a few years ago just how willing China are to use their trade clout to push their political agenda (see Chinese sailors being detained by Japan, China halting REM supply as a result).

That would require other third world countries to suddenly be able to ramp up their smelting capacity in a short period of time, which I am unconvinced they can.
Let's not forget Chine also control 90% of rare earth minerals too which gives them huge power in the global electronics manufacturing trade. Japan found out the hard way a few years ago just how willing China are to use their trade clout to push their political agenda (see Chinese sailors being detained by Japan, China halting REM supply as a result).

I said a few years. And us investing in 3rd world countries.

China is a bully. No-one will choose to do business with them if there are other options.

Member of The paid up Chinese government in Victoria now getting it from all sides of the left even in the lefty rag

Pallas should resign for the good of the country

you just reminded me, whatever happened to Gladys Liu's friend who disappeared?

China have overproduced steel for decades. This ensures that the steel price stays low , so that no-one in their right mind would invest in it.
The Chines campaigner government are obviously quite happy with the situatiion.

China relies on being able to do things cheaper than anyone else. Not better than anyone else.

What happens when their raw inputs start to cost a lot more?

What happens when we sell our cheaper inputs to other 3rd world countries who are happy making trade deals with us and happy to take our investment money?

Why do we need to sell them to third world countries?
Metal smelting/processing isn't typically labour intensive.

Why do we need to sell them to third world countries?
Metal smelting/processing isn't typically labour intensive.
It is extremely energy intensive though. The aluminium smelter in Portland uses something like ~10% of Victoria's entire energy consumption annually (subsidised via long term contracts too).

I'm all for developing industry in Australia, especially away from metropolitan centres but we need to fix the energy industry first.

It is extremely energy intensive though. The aluminium smelter in Portland uses something like ~10% of Victoria's entire energy consumption annually (subsidised via long term contracts too).

I'm all for developing industry in Australia, especially away from metropolitan centres but we need to fix the energy industry first.

Selling the Bauxite and the Coal to China is not the solution to anything.
But yes. They need more power, people will build sustainable options, but "Someone" needs to build a bloody big closed cycle gas station to keep the stuff molten all night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Member of The paid up Chinese government in Victoria now getting it from all sides of the left even in the lefty rag

Pallas should resign for the good of the country
He can go when angus taylor , michaelia cash and bridget mckenzie go.

:)

And lefty rag ???....it's owned by nein you pillock

He can go when angus taylor , michaelia cash and bridget mckenzie go.

:)

And lefty rag ???....it's owned by nein you pillock
It's still left not as bias as the ABC now it has improved a bit under Nine, after it all it nailed Pallas and Dan China's man

It's still left not as bias as the ABC now it has improved a bit under Nine, after it all it nailed Pallas and Dan China's man
You're like one of those " Pull cord " dolls that spits out 5 preset lines

Trading with China got Australia out of the last global recession.

I assume the better economic managers in the LNP have chosen this particular strategy this time for a reason? It is hard to imagine what could go wrong. Guess we can satisfy ourselves with the moral high ground.
Isnt it good to be moral for once rather than just focus on the almight dollar?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Chinese Communist party are campaigners

Remove this Banner Ad

Back