Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheech & Cho's Up in Smoke

Cho-king Man

Seriously though did anyone listen to Cho's summary of the Richmond v Hawthorn game. The guy has NFI! How he had Finnis and the board believing he was the correct person to coach our club, has me furious. How a so called professional organisation can not know the guy is and always was well beyond his depth just defies explanation?

Last edited:
This place needs to relax. Unless something huge changes he is seeing next year out.

I think what’s important is that we see a distinct change in ball movement. I honestly think that and improving our midfield work will see us rise substantially.
The irony being that the bloke who was responsible for that has moved to the premiers. Interesting

It was great to hear Richo took Battle to the Thursday game (to watch Gunston) and White to the Friday game (to watch Tuohy).
Maybe he could have purchased a VCR off eBay and taken it down to Seaford and shown them tapes of them.
Or used a whiteboard.
Or set up some training drills.
Or exposed them to more senior game time.
In the preceding years...

The irony being that the bloke who was responsible for that has moved to the premiers. Interesting
Some have you believe he is a genius because of his Tactical knowledge. I question how good a coach you are if you can’t inplement it.

Maybe he could have purchased a VCR off eBay and taken it down to Seaford and shown them tapes of them.
Or used a whiteboard.
Or set up some training drills.
Or exposed them to more senior game time.
In the preceding years...
Yep, I'd prefer richo actually played our promising kids instead of taking them to watch the footy.

Some have you believe he is a genius because of his Tactical knowledge. I question how good a coach you are if you can’t implement it.
Yep, I'd prefer richo actually played our promising kids instead of taking them to watch the footy.
to be fair. There is a lot to learn about work rate and leading patters and movement of players from tier 3 at the footy. Much better view than tape

to be fair. There is a lot to learn about work rate and leading patters and movement of players from tier 3 at the footy. Much better view than tape
No doubt, but only 6 games to White this year when we won only 4 games and were decimated by injuries is just plain shit IMO.

Same goes for battle - only 6 games to Mav's 13 stinks.

Here's a classic Cho pic that ought to be good for a photoshop challenge!

View attachment 557170
js1t0z.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some have you believe he is a genius because of his Tactical knowledge. I question how good a coach you are if you can’t inplement it.
same could be said for the head coach who, hasn't really implemented anything, other than pressure at the contest, and if going by 360, cant really communicate either.

It's really hard to rate assistants on the outside, but we saw very little change in personnel or strategy and that speaks more about Richo than the Assistants imo.

Just filled out the club survey, ouch was tough to fill out positively

https://thewest.com.au/sport/subiac...-final-win-over-south-fremantle-ng-b88955058z

its a pity the camera was from the back. you should have seen his eyes. he was ready to execute everyone of them on the spot. funny thing is they were only 2 goals down. 5 to 3.

been rare choo's delivered something like that. tried it twice this season and apparently it shattered their confidence.
Pretty simple message.
Left no one unsure of what their role is and why they were not doing it and how to rectify.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I believe Andrew Thomson being the footballing conduit for the board has a lot to answer for in this Richo saga?

I spoke to him after a win early on in Richos tenure and expressed my concerns about the style of football they were playing. He was along the lines of it will be fine, Richo is ok just enjoy the win. No forsight about where the team was going at all.

I think for sometime there really hasnt been anyone involved with the club that has an up to date outlook on the game. Accordingly Finnis, Thomson and the rest of the board thought Richo was doing well.

What a mess our club has become.

Finnis its no good having new facilities with a D grade coach, C grade recruiters, a static list and a club that cant attract decent players. What that equates to is what occurred this year and will hurt the club for years to come. Members/supporters are fed up, despondent and rightly cant see any positives heading into next season.

You think the club is struggling financially this year, wait until the reality of keeping Richo on hits next year it will be dire, and so ends 'you produce what you sow'.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back