Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
122zvoy.jpg

Just for next time man, get a VPN service so you can unblock channel 7 live. You get excellent quality picture that way and can watch it full size. I use Getflix who are used to unblock overseas content for Netflix but can do any of the free to air Aussie channels that have an internet content. If you're there for a year it might be worthwhile, and if you get homesick you can chuck on Home and Away and be glad you're not here.

The VPN and unblocker services are cheap, I think it's about $12 for 6 months or something.

New laptop, all setup w/ a month's free trial of Express VPN to stream the remainder of the Finals via 7+. Happy days.

New laptop, all setup w/ a month's free trial of Express VPN to stream the remainder of the Finals via 7+. Happy days.
The site below is also your friend if you live overseas... sometimes my VPN gets blocked (I use express as well) so if you have any issues and want to make sure you don't miss anything, you can get a subscription for this:

https://www.watchafl.com.au

If you want to stay a member of the Saints without springing for a reserved seat/social club etc. overseas (I still have been in case of a Grand Final to fly back to but it is a waste at the moment and I'm likely stopping it) then you can get an overseas membership that includes a years subscription to the above site. It's a pretty good option really and well worth the money, plus you stay on as a member.

The site below is also your friend if you live overseas... sometimes my VPN gets blocked (I use express as well) so if you have any issues and want to make sure you don't miss anything, you can get a subscription for this:

https://www.watchafl.com.au

If you want to stay a member of the Saints without springing for a reserved seat/social club etc. overseas (I still have been in case of a Grand Final to fly back to but it is a waste at the moment and I'm likely stopping it) then you can get an overseas membership that includes a years subscription to the above site. It's a pretty good option really and well worth the money, plus you stay on as a member.
I am an overseas saints digital member and get Watch AFL. Which is excellent. You also get all the Fox Footy shows, and can replay anything. Very good I reckon.

Speech doesn’t even give me confidence, I geneuonly believe the game plan will be the same and he will expect “Improvement within” again... Mentioned that a few times...
A lot of our players couldn't play any worse, so internal improvement should be expected.

I'm looking forward to seeing the influence people like Ratten and Hannebery have on our group next year, hopefully helping them play to their ability.

To Finnis, Letho & the board well done.

I've gone from desperately wanting Richo out for the future of our club, to being resigned to him staying and meh about the whole thing.

Well played.
I've gone from passionate enough about the club to care if Richo is coach to, not. They've lost a hardcore fan from birth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a fair bit of talk at the moment about getting people into the club to change and improve things. I would hope that all Richo was doing when talking about internal improvement was trying to emphasise that the players must improve and raise their standards/not expect outsiders to fix everything.
I reckon he learnt that famous Buddhist concept on his visit to the Ashram a few off seasons ago; change must come from within. Famously used when someone asked Gandhi for change for the meter.

Just simply need to have a good first month next year or it could go pear shaped
The most frustrating thing is not getting beaten it was getting close to some of the better sides and not getting over the line and then being woeful the next week.

Coaching quality probably had a large impact on that.

I would have like to see a bit more passion.

When talking about improvement, I would have put an emphasis on all departments.

Coaching has an obligation to listen and work out a winning formula - ie get better and improve.

Club has an obligation to create an environment that allows the players to realise their potential - which they are doing.

Players have to keep working to get better both individually and as a team.

Basic stuff, but shows that we are all in it together and everyone has to work together to improve.

Take ownership of the year and work on solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back