• Robert Harvey

Votes: 12 10.1%
  • Mark Thompson

Votes: 14 11.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We look like Richo had a good fast ball movement game plan then we went out and recruited all the wrong types since to improve that. We joke about the same types being selected again and again and already we are hearing with our only pick inside 50 Trout is after a tall forward. It's like amateur hour as far as recruiting and drafting.
gringo...….a bright light will be shining into the recruitment dept.

I recall stavro saying very early on in the season that when the light does shine...….it will shine very bright.

As supporters we also deserve better "players". Have you thought of the supporters that turn up week after week, don't get paid for the privilege and have to support what they see?

The thing no one has to support. You choose to support and you understand what support means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As supporters we also deserve better "players". Have you thought of the supporters that turn up week after week, don't get paid for the privilege and have to support what they see?
Yeah, I'm one of them. And everyone I sit with sits there and hopes they players perform to their best ability and win.

If you don't want do watch it and support the players to do their best, then don't but don't claim your a supporter while actively wanting them to fail.

Lol, so now everything Roo says has to be taken as Gospel? He has his views and opinions forged by his own perceptions and biases just like the rest of us.

If Roo says it then it must be right lol...

Roo and gt especially if it suits your agenda. I reckon some would quote Ivan milat if it helped their agenda.

Yep but it’s very early and the draft is so friggin overrated.

WIt's not over rated, we have just ****ed up picks but so did Collingwood and melbourne, they started to turn around the drafting and got good. We have to nail this pick because we have already spent all our others.

now thats total rubish ..... and you are either making stuff up or someone talking to you is ... how Rooey with a straight face could say somethiing like that when his own vested interest in the Maddie match is pushed by the club ... how bout we dump that and concentrate on the onfield stuff first....

DID ANYONE WATCH THE AFL360 SEGMENT?

FMD!!!

stop ****ing shooting the messenger. go watch the ****ing thing before you start slamming the poster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

calm down i apologised ...

i'm behind. sorry mate!

EDIT: re-read. sorry mate. i kind of went in way too hard. just frustrated with being flamed for repeating what has been said in the media and trying to see it with my saints glasses off.

WIt's not over rated, we have just ****** up picks but so did Collingwood and melbourne, they started to turn around the drafting and got good. We have to nail this pick because we have already spent all our others.

The draft alone won’t help you. Let’s face it if you finish bottom you get one pick better than the premier. The rest are worse. You need to use the draft and fa as well. The pies have traded very well and Melbourne wanted lever so may have overpaid but if you want them you get them

The thing no one has to support. You choose to support and you understand what support means.

The thing is, there is a bit of a social contract here plugs. We do have a right to expect good performance from a club most of us rusted ons have contributed to over the decades. Like you, I was dedicated to a particular amateur club and our dedication and that of our mates kept those clubs going. There is an extra dimension to our pro clubs' support, however.

The people who run our pro clubs have a responsibility to make the club as successful as possible. They get handsomely paid to do so. When they fail consistently, they should be replaced if there are better people available. It's a bit like your super fund under performing, or your workmates bludging on you. It creates anger, frustration and in the end, a drop in performance. So if you shell out plenty of your hard earned, as I and many on here do, you have a right to expect something in return. We don't demand a lot as sainters, historically. We don't deserve the shit that has been served up this year.

Roo and gt especially if it suits your agenda. I reckon some would quote Ivan milat if it helped their agenda.

Pot
kettle
black
You are quite the agitator yourself Mr Plugger
Even the ones that you keep carrying on about that supposedly want US to Fail
have explained their rationale for saying these things.
Yet you just keep on keeping on with your tiresome baiting....

i am paraphrasing but basically "the pride game is a great initiative and worthy cause but you would like to think they would get the onfield stuff sorted first. they need to focus on the core of their business which is winning football games"
That's a fair enough comment from Roo……….but it's one of 22 games.

I don't get the angst towards it.

The thing is, there is a bit of a social contract here plugs. We do have a right to expect good performance from a club most of us rusted ons have contributed to over the decades. Like you, I was dedicated to a particular amateur club and our dedication and that of our mates kept those clubs going. There is an extra dimension to our pro clubs' support, however.

The people who run our pro clubs have a responsibility to make the club as successful as possible. They get handsomely paid to do so. When they fail consistently, they should be replaced if there are better people available. It's a bit like your super fund under performing, or your workmates bludging on you. It creates anger, frustration and in the end, a drop in performance. So if you shell out plenty of your hard earned, as I and many on here do, you have a right to expect something in return. We don't demand a lot as sainters, historically. We don't deserve the shit that has been served up this year.

Well I’m different. I choose to support no matter what they play like. I trust that the people behind the scenes are doing their best as are the players. If I thought otherwise I would stop supporting this minute. We are going terribly but I don’t think it’s through lack of caring or trying to improve. Me jumping up and down and finding every single negative thing on the internet won’t help us play better. It doesn’t achieve much at all really.

Pot
kettle
black
You are quite the agitator yourself Mr Plugger
Even the ones that you keep carrying on about that supposedly want US to Fail
have explained their rationale for saying these things.
Yet you just keep on keeping on with your tiresome baiting....

Different ideas about baiting obviously. Put me on ignore then. I’m not changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back