• Robert Harvey

Votes: 12 10.1%
  • Mark Thompson

Votes: 14 11.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It reflects very poorly on our coaching and list management group. They've built a shallow midfield with slow players who can't play anywhere else.
From memory......the plan was to build the spine first and add the mids in last......under the assumption that getting the required mids wouldn't be too difficult.

Ummmmmm

That was the plan when Pelican first launched his "blueprint".....I assume the club deviated from this when the Pelican no longer had a job after the "restructure".

Things obviously haven't gone to plan with/post Pelican's plan.

We have been labelled slow by the media for a good 2 years now.

Again...….. a bright light will be shining into the recruiting dept right now.

After watching NR yesterday on AFL 360, I was just trying to figure out what was our game plan and structure in 15, 16 and 17.

It was all about pressure and tackles - you don't require skills for that.

But our field kicks and goal kicking were really poor.

Now in 2018, our pressure and tackles goes missing and we look like VFL level team.

So there is no structure or a game plan besides bombing high in our 50, and hope someone will mark or small forwards will collect the footy.

No wonder our younger players have not developed and they have regressed.
Good post there nitewalker13......pressure and tackling were our hallmarks.

I'm gonna back Richo here. He can be the captain of the ship till end of year, I like to see whatever improvement he can bring to suggest that he's the one who should lead us into 2019.

End of the season, he has to be gone if we are below 5 wins. List is capable but lack of effort and confidence is killing us.

Like we did in 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately yes .
This season is over and all focus now is forward planning towards best people for next next year.
Especially forming a game plan and then teach it over pre season with a whole new set of assistants lead by play fair

Roo had a subtle dig at Finnis about that.

i am paraphrasing but basically "the pride game is a great initiative and worthy cause but you would like to think they would get the onfield stuff sorted first. they need to focus on the core of their business which is winning football games"

not the first ive heard that from an ex saints employee

And he’s a hypocrite for saying it.

Very poor from Roo there.
I’ll paraphrase his comments:

The Maddie Riewoldt Vision game is a great initiative and worthy cause but you would like to think they would get the onfield stuff sorted first. they need to focus on the core of their business which is winning football games"

I’d suggest that someone have a quiet word in his ear and ask him to reflect on his comments.

And if you have heard this from other ex Saints employees then they are equally hypocritical, and need to be burnt at the stake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richo is 100% a better coach at that time than Watters for us. No one will disagree, I've already said Richo was brillaint in transitioning out the geriatrics and the new blokes in.. but he's taken us as far as he can. Before the year started this is what I saying about our gameplan:

Now we don't even apply pressure anymore. Honestly Richo will be looked on fondly cause we had great moments with him and he seems a ripping bloke but he's simply not the man to lead us moving forward.

I hate to see us lose every week, it's not fun copping shit from mates especially in the last 6 years or so but if one of the losses can actually help us be less shit I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Every coach in recent Saint history is better than Richo.

Posting a loss.

Hahhaha.

What debt is building? Current, non current?
Is it operating or capital debt?

What's the cashflow?

All might be true and bad, but to quote a sensationalist like Purple without all relevant information is misleading

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm pretty sure that was a paraphrasing.

Last edited:
you are absolutely spot on

luke dunstan let the cat out of the bag this year in pre-season when he said playfair was trying to implement more structure and method to the game plan so it wasnt just based on pressure

that was damning. to hear roo basically confirm after not even being out of the club for 12 months. wow.
Now that's an interesting snippet

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Finnis did say that no wonder so many are having doubts about him
Finnis may have said something....but I may have missed it.

Richo's predictions/comments just stunned me.

Obviously you have to be upbeat and positive pre season but a couple of Richo's comments were Mick Malthouse "specials".

now thats total rubish ..... and you are either making stuff up or someone talking to you is ... how Rooey with a straight face could say somethiing like that when his own vested interest in the Maddie match is pushed by the club ... how bout we dump that and concentrate on the onfield stuff first....

It’s not rubbish. Roo said pretty much that word for word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back