• Robert Harvey

Votes: 12 10.1%
  • Mark Thompson

Votes: 14 11.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be honest, and say this once. Otherwise, Sunshine and the rest of the censors here will just go nuts.

I think we have made another serious error. I do not rate Richardson as a coach, at all. I breathed a big sigh of relief 2 years ago when we passed on him - I felt we'd dodged a bullet.

And I hope - against all my fears - that he proves me wrong.

So have Pt Adelaide been Ross Lyoned? :)

Would have been happy with either, but geez it's great to see our club being as shifty as a shit pipe rat for once. Well done. Love the aggression. :thumbsu:

Critics can say what they like, but this off season shows that the club is on a mission. Bring it on!

A good draft and a new CEO and we are well and truly on the way up again.

Reading his heartache about not winning a flag makes me feel like he will connect with the senior players really well. He knows their pain.

Can't wait for next year. Seriously - Rhys Stanley as the Justin Westhoff on 2014 ;)
I'd suggest if there's any posters in the gym, leave them there. ;)

In all seriousness can't wait to see what he has in store for guys like Stanley, Wright, Webster, Markworth and even some of the older guys like Gilbert and Gwilt. Also can't wait to see what his gameplan will look like. With two key defenders he shouldn't have any trouble showing it.

Caught the interview, a fair dinkum good bloke with an intricate understanding of our game was the message..

sounds like another Dermie type of interview when Watters was about to be appointed.

I'll be honest, and say this once. Otherwise, Sunshine and the rest of the censors here will just go nuts.

I think we have made another serious error. I do not rate Richardson as a coach, at all. I breathed a big sigh of relief 2 years ago when we passed on him - I felt we'd dodged a bullet.

Percy was that really needed? You can query, or even reject the clubs decision, but why couch it in having a go at me? A little too precious.

as long as your not personally attacking someone, go for it mate

i've been on the shit talk box for a while now with all kinds of crack pot theories, i see it as fine as long as youre willing to discuss it and be open to other opinions, willing to see the other side

Am very happy with the Richardson appointment I believe he will make an a great coach at our club. Thankfully the Saints have finally made a sound appointment - Watters was always a poor decision.

can someone please explain why Richardson will be any better then Watters?

Richardson still is an inexperienced coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So after how many statements on behalf of Port declaring his non-interest, it turns out we were privately negotiating with him the entire time? Did we just give Port the Ross Lyon/Rosich treatment?

Not quite.

You didn't "just give Port" anything. RICHARDSON just gave Port the same treatment Lyon gave you.

I'm sure he's a good coach, but it's hardly a great tone to start on ... lying to one employer in order to score a job with another.

On the plus side, at least you guys know what you're getting .............

I like this bit...

"I remember a practice match against Werribee. I played centre half-forward on [former Bulldog] Matthew Croft, and he absolutely towelled me. At three-quarter-time, 'Richo' really baked me, and I thought it was pretty harsh, but he pulled me in on the Monday and said: 'I only did that because I rate you, and I really think you can go on with it'.
"We had a really good heart-to-heart, and the next training night I just wanted to run through walls for him.
"He knew which buttons to press for which people."

A Lyon clone? If he has this in common then we'll be ok. :thumbsu:

I never really understand people who have such strong opinions on assistants.. What would you possibly know? How can you rate or not rate someone? Do you sit there and watch them work and see what you do?

The only time you'll hear me voice an opinion on whether I think someone is worthy is based on experience, think you need significant time as assistant or in several roles before being thrust into the senior job.

Other than that we can only really trust what we hear from people in the know, which when has a bad word been said about Richardson? Have to trust the club know a lot more than we do. Otherwise I'd like to hear detailed evidence as to why you could possibly not rate Richardson or any other assistant for that matter? And don't use ladder positions for previous clubs.. more contributes to results, than one assistant coach.

I never really understand people who have such strong opinions on assistants.. What would you possibly know? How can you rate or not rate someone? Do you sit there and watch them work and see what you do?

The only time you'll hear me voice an opinion on whether I think someone is worthy is based on experience, think you need significant time as assistant or in several roles before being thrust into the senior job.

Other than that we can only really trust what we hear from people in the know, which when has a bad word been said about Richardson? Have to trust the club know a lot more than we do. Otherwise I'd like to hear detailed evidence as to why you could possibly not rate Richardson or any other assistant for that matter? And don't use ladder positions for previous clubs.. more contributes to results, than one assistant coach.

whoa, steady on there. how dare you! ;)

I like this bit...

"I remember a practice match against Werribee. I played centre half-forward on [former Bulldog] Matthew Croft, and he absolutely towelled me. At three-quarter-time, 'Richo' really baked me, and I thought it was pretty harsh, but he pulled me in on the Monday and said: 'I only did that because I rate you, and I really think you can go on with it'.
"We had a really good heart-to-heart, and the next training night I just wanted to run through walls for him.
"He knew which buttons to press for which people."

A Lyon clone? If he has this in common then we'll be ok. :thumbsu:
Who was the player that said that?

Longer taps Savage Goal. Centimetre perfect by the Saints from the boundary 50m out!

I really don't know much about him at all, but what is heartening is the fact that in the 2 years since we turned him down he's been involved in turning around an absolute rabble of a club... He knows what's required.

Next on our hit list should be Ron Gauci to lead the recovery mission..

And yesterday he completely denied being interested??? What a turn around in a day.

I officially won't be Rookied by the Saints...

Fine. Apologies. Everybody deserves another chance. But I stand by what I said about Richardson.

All good Perse... just grab a ladder and jump over to our side of the fence. The grass is greener over here. :p

Who was the player that said that?

Longer taps Savage Goal. Centimetre perfect by the Saints from the boundary 50m out!

It was in the long article that Sheeza posted a page or so back. VFA player.

Someone else posted a scan from The Bubble the other day where Misson made similar comments about Lyon.

**** you guys

funny-look-at-my-balls-cat-pics.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back