'The Club' - Collingwood show on FOX Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's more about "The Club";

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/131104/default.aspx

In episodes to come, viewers will be given a tour of players’ houses, gain access to a Collingwood board meeting, spend 24 hours with Luke Ball, meet the cast of American Pie, follow Heath Shaw through season 2012, go behind the scenes of Cleo Bachelor of the Year with Sharrod Wellingham and be given a look at the characters who make up the Magpie Army, from a Supreme Court judge to a single father of three who works four jobs.

Supporters can view highlights of the show on the club's CTV channel online once the episode is broadcast on FOX FOOTY.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/131104/default.aspx

The last part is good, meaning those that don't have Foxtel will still get the opportunity to watch some of it.:D

so Malthouse being slow to react cost us a flag!

You only just worked this out now?

How about Reid staying on Hawkins while he made him look like a junior playing TAC Cup?

The fact that the players saw Pods going down as a GOOD thing should tell you all you need to know about Malthouse and how he teaches the players to think as footballers.

It's the same reason we lost to St.Kilda in 2010 when Reiwoldt went down.

Clearly the players saw that as a good thing too.

God damn I'm glad Malthouse is gone.

You only just worked this out now?

How about Reid staying on Hawkins while he made him look like a junior playing TAC Cup?

The fact that the players saw Pods going down as a GOOD thing should tell you all you need to know about Malthouse and how he teaches the players to think as footballers.

It's the same reason we lost to St.Kilda in 2010 when Reiwoldt went down.

Clearly the players saw that as a good thing too.

God damn I'm glad Malthouse is gone.

Delusional.

If you were a player and saw Pods or Riewoldt go down you wouldn't be pleased? Stop kidding yourself.

Yeah Malthouse should have moved Reid off Hawkins but it didn't happen. Get over it.

Some of the trash and dribble I've been reading on here all summer is atrocious, especially during the NAB cup.

We have all been suffering for so long, particularly through the 90's and now we have an awesome team, superstars, coaches, money - the lot. People need to stop talking shit and enjoy the time we are having.

I have to say, I don't think Malthouse coached particularly well at all towards the end of last year. Injuries certainly didn't help but I don't think he made the most of what he had at his disposal. He made quite a few vital mistakes.

I don't hate him or anything like that, yet I am pleased Buckley took over before we started to slide under Mick.

Delusional.

If you were a player and saw Pods or Riewoldt go down you wouldn't be pleased? Stop kidding yourself.

Yeah Malthouse should have moved Reid off Hawkins but it didn't happen. Get over it.

Some of the trash and dribble I've been reading on here all summer is atrocious, especially during the NAB cup.

We have all been suffering for so long, particularly through the 90's and now we have an awesome team, superstars, coaches, money - the lot. People need to stop talking shit and enjoy the time we are having.

Yes, once we saw Reiwoldt go down, we ALL thought it would mean we'd pump St.Kilda.

Fact is, we didn't. St.Kilda became unpredictable and our defense didn't know what to do without Reiwoldt there. Then it was obvious to anyone with a brain, that when an integral part of the opposition forward line is removed it throws all your careful planning out of whack.

The St.Kilda game could have been used as an invaluable learning tool for the coaches to have a contingency plan in case something like that happens again.

Instead, we lost a Grand Final because our 'master coach' didn't learn from a mistake he made a year and a half prior.

What makes it more shameful on Malthouse? TARRANT WAS FREED UP AS A RESULT. So when Hawkins started to cut loose, we had a plug there sitting on his arse that could have prevented that happening and yet for some random reason unknown to everyone except Malthouse and God himself, he left a one legged Reid on Hawkins.

Yeah, awesome.

I'm sorry, while winning the flag has made me a more positive Collingwood poster, my stance on Malthouse has always been, and always will be steadfast.

Shocking tactician, shocking trader, good with his players on a personal level and good at setting up a football department. That's my stance on him. Hecne why the director of coaching role was created for him, because Eddie knew Mick would be brilliant at it. But Mick being the petulant, selfish child he is, chose to turn down the role.

Yes, once we saw Reiwoldt go down, we ALL thought it would mean we'd pump St.Kilda.

Fact is, we didn't. St.Kilda became unpredictable and our defense didn't know what to do without Reiwoldt there. Then it was obvious to anyone with a brain, that when an integral part of the opposition forward line is removed it throws all your careful planning out of whack.

The St.Kilda game could have been used as an invaluable learning tool for the coaches to have a contingency plan in case something like that happens again.

Instead, we lost a Grand Final because our 'master coach' didn't learn from a mistake he made a year and a half prior.

What makes it more shameful on Malthouse? TARRANT WAS FREED UP AS A RESULT. So when Hawkins started to cut loose, we had a plug there sitting on his arse that could have prevented that happening and yet for some random reason unknown to everyone except Malthouse and God himself, he left a one legged Reid on Hawkins.

Yeah, awesome.

I'm sorry, while winning the flag has made me a more positive Collingwood poster, my stance on Malthouse has always been, and always will be steadfast.

Shocking tactician, shocking trader, good with his players on a personal level and good at setting up a football department. That's my stance on him. Hecne why the director of coaching role was created for him, because Eddie knew Mick would be brilliant at it. But Mick being the petulant, selfish child he is, chose to turn down the role.

Same here mate. He was not a good gameday Coach and Played Favourites but he could get the Players - playing for him

Same here mate. He was not a good gameday Coach and Played Favourites but he could get the Players - playing for him

Yeah not a good game day coach, only helped construct a gameplan that St.Kilda and Geelong couldn't handle after 3-4 years of dominating, won a premiership and then caused Geelong to change their approach in 2011 (which ultimately was our downfall).

But yeah, Malthouse wasn't a good game day coach :thumbsu:

Should be some interesting viewing tonight. I've heard from an inside source that one of our players has been suspended for 2 weeks by the club for being out late and missing a rehab session. Senior player, one we're expecting improvement from this season. I can't say more than that. Suffice to say I'll be tuned in.

Yeah, awesome.

It's mind boggling to me that someone who has taken the club to 4 Grand finals, 2 preliminary finals and 6 straight years of finals could be considered as a shocking tactician.

Shocking trader as well, Luke Ball for pick 30 and Darren Jolly for pick 14.

Pick 14 and 30 won us a premiership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's mind boggling to me that someone who has taken the club to 4 Grand finals, 2 preliminary finals and 6 straight years of finals could be considered as a shocking tactician.

Shocking trader as well, Luke Ball for pick 30 and Darren Jolly for pick 14.

Pick 14 and 30 won us a premiership.

Oh and forgot Fraser for Krakouer ;)

Should be some interesting viewing tonight. I've heard from an inside source that one of our players has been suspended for 2 weeks by the club for being out late and missing a rehab session. Senior player, one we're expecting improvement from this season. I can't say more than that. Suffice to say I'll be tuned in.

How do you know this mate?

Wow, what a powerful start to the show.

That is the first time I have seen/heard the final siren from the 2011 GF

Remove this Banner Ad

'The Club' - Collingwood show on FOX Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back