Analysis The Coach – Simon 'Standard Practice' Goodwin: It's time to go (for real this time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to finish top 4 to be a chance of it
#proud

If I didnt know better its like Goody and the players are saying we should be thankful as fans regardless of our ugly game style and what has happened in finals.

They are so out of touch.

Behind closed doors they are probably blaming the fans for not cheering loud enough too

Have to finish top 4 to be a chance of it
#proud
I still like the stat (one I unfortunately came up with) about how we've been in the top-four for 68/70 rounds and actually finished in the top-four once during that period ✅

I still like the stat (one I unfortunately came up with) about how we've been in the top-four for 68/70 rounds and actually finished in the top-four once during that period ✅
I have no doubt they are incredibly proud of that stat too. Probably what happens when a small club tastes success we couldn't handle it.

If I didnt know better its like Goody and the players are saying we should be thankful as fans regardless of our ugly game style and what has happened in finals.

They are so out of touch.

Behind closed doors they are probably blaming the fans for not cheering loud enough too
100% they are sipping soy lattes right now patting each other on the back for a successful metric season. So many categories we are top of and so many wins to get behind. I'll always remember the come from behind win against north, the 3 goal win over Stkilda. Beating Collingwood on QB with 57 behinds. So much proud

Uh-uh. I said Brisbane wouldn't make it past the prelim and that they would lose to either us or Carlton. Still in with a shot ;)
Just abuse your mod powers and ban them both for speaking out of turn.

Just abuse your mod powers and ban them both for speaking out of turn.
Interested Kevin Nash GIF

English Prop Joe Marler in the mix-zone at the Rugby World Cup:

Marler: You find a way to win in a World Cup. We’ll keep trying and taking the lessons from each game. People like to say learnings but learnings isn’t a word. He [Ben Earl who happens to walk by] says learnings all the time. It’s not a word, is it? ‘We’ll take the learnings’. You’re wrong. So we will take the lessons and we will keep trying to finesse. Ultimately it is about the win. We’re not getting ahead of ourselves at all. You’ll get the same boring cliched answer from me, we will take one game at a time. We’ll rest up tonight, we’ll play a padel tournament tomorrow. Was I not meant to say that? Tough s***.

English Prop Joe Marler in the mix-zone at the Rugby World Cup:

Marler: You find a way to win in a World Cup. We’ll keep trying and taking the lessons from each game. People like to say learnings but learnings isn’t a word. He [Ben Earl who happens to walk by] says learnings all the time. It’s not a word, is it? ‘We’ll take the learnings’. You’re wrong. So we will take the lessons and we will keep trying to finesse. Ultimately it is about the win. We’re not getting ahead of ourselves at all. You’ll get the same boring cliched answer from me, we will take one game at a time. We’ll rest up tonight, we’ll play a padel tournament tomorrow. Was I not meant to say that? Tough s***.

Learnings, unfortunately, is a word.

So as of right now there are people talking about how great this Melbourne team is and how it's our best team since the 60s. Meanwhile as of right now, under Goody we've made 1 prelim for a belting and one flag.

Collingwood in the same time have 1 GF for a 3 pt loss, a prelim for a 1 pt loss and another GF appearance probably as favourites. So our best era has been beaten by a good Collingwood era

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So as of right now there are people talking about how great this Melbourne team is and how it's our best team since the 60s. Meanwhile as of right now, under Goody we've made 1 prelim for a belting and one flag.

Collingwood in the same time have 1 GF for a 3 pt loss, a prelim for a 1 pt loss and another GF appearance probably as favourites. So our best era has been beaten by a good Collingwood era

Might just be me, but I prefer flags over close losses.

Flag is better than no flag, think that's pretty obvious.

You'll be right if the Pies win next week..... but they haven't

We literally won a flag and they haven't. If losing grand finals was the mark of a great team, Collingwood would be the undisputed greatest team ever, given they've lost 27.

Flag is better than no flag, think that's pretty obvious.

You'll be right if the Pies win next week..... but they haven't

We literally won a flag and they haven't. If losing grand finals was the mark of a great team, Collingwood would be the undisputed greatest team ever, given they've lost 27.

Yeah so they are one game away from bettering our best team since the 60s
Not really that hard to follow.

So our best era has been beaten by a good Collingwood era

One game away, or already done? Which one is it?

That's just wrong though hahaha cos they haven't won it yet
If they lose next week , our era is still better than theirs because we have a flag and they don't

You've stated "So our best era has been beaten by a good Collingwood era" as if its a certainty when nothings actually happened yet

You're right if they win next week though

I tend to agree with TK in that many people have overrated our team as being more special than it is. Winning one flag is hard enough but the expectation that this side would be the next dynasty club has been pretty unfounded so far. This year especially has been pretty even that any of the dynasty sides like Lions, Cats, Hawks or Richmond would have absolutely feasted.

That's just wrong though hahaha cos they haven't won it yet
If they lose next week , our era is still better than theirs because we have a flag and they don't

You've stated "So our best era has been beaten by a good Collingwood era" as if its a certainty when nothings actually happened yet

You're right if they win next week though
Not exactly though, if you only consider a GF win as success and everything else is a failure there's no real point discussing footy cause everything's black and white. They won a GF but for a beautiful kick by sheed, lost a prelim by a point and if they win against brisbane they've had a far better time than us since Goodys been in charge

Not exactly though, if you only consider a GF win as success and everything else is a failure there's no real point discussing footy cause everything's black and white. They won a GF but for a beautiful kick by sheed, lost a prelim by a point and if they win against brisbane they've had a far better time than us since Goodys been in charge
It's weird, the AFL is one of the only leagues in the world where if you don't win the GF most people consider the season a failure, I guess because of the equalisation mechanisms (Draft, Salary Cap) which are designed to try and ensure every team gets a genuine crack within every decade.

I tend to agree with TK in that many people have overrated our team as being more special than it is. Winning one flag is hard enough but the expectation that this side would be the next dynasty club has been pretty unfounded so far. This year especially has been pretty even that any of the dynasty sides like Lions, Cats, Hawks or Richmond would have absolutely feasted.
Yep even watching Collingwood I thought Jeez they are a well coached side but **** me do they look gettable

Analysis The Coach – Simon 'Standard Practice' Goodwin: It's time to go (for real this time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back