Certified Legendary Thread The Cult of Robbo - Volume 2

Stubby holder?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brothers. I have achieved the 'laying on of hands'. Entering the shrine today I bumped up against TGO and got a 'sorry mate's. I was too in awe to say anything ...

What have I, a lowly fat bastard getting onto the game on a scum corporate ticket, done to deserve this holy reward?

Brothers. I have achieved the 'laying on of hands'. Entering the shrine today I bumped up against TGO and got a 'sorry mate's. I was too in awe to say anything ...

What have I, a lowly fat bastard getting onto the game on a scum corporate ticket, done to deserve this holy reward?

Brother Maggy,
You truly are blessed to receive the hand of TGO, especially on this holiest of days. To also receive a sermon however small shows that TGO is truly a man of the people.
Praise.

Brother Maggy, pray tell, did you detect the ''rancid'' odour attributed to TGO by Methuselah Newman?
Did Our Leader in fact have ''an aroma about him'' ?

Brother Maggy, pray tell, did you detect the ''rancid'' odour attributed to TGO by Methuselah Newman?
Did Our Leader in fact have ''an aroma about him'' ?
Just the sweetest of perfume. A hint of lavender mixed with lukewarm party pies and stale beer.

TGO finishes His yearly sermons on 360 as only He can:

TGO: "Only 112 hours we've spent together this year"
Nerdling: "That's a lot of hours when I write it down on paper"
TGO: "Bloody hell, no wonder I drink. No wonder I drink"

Praise.

now we bravely enter the wilderness, lost and abandoned and forced to blindly grope in darkness until the practice matches hasten upon us to mark the imminent return of our guiding light, our strength, our very realise of life itself

Brothers,
Praise be, for I have been a long time reader of this thread, and revere in his hilarity.

Can confirm I enjoy the work of TGO, and my proudest sermon from his was the time he preached to all that booing James Hird at the 2017 Grand Final was unAustralian.

Praise be to TGO, for trying to defend a bloke who led a performance enhancing injestion program.

Lance Armstrong and the 1994 Chinese Women's Swimming team, is forever in TGO's shadow, for leading redemption of convicted drug cheats.

Understandably this time of year provides few chances to catch sermons from the TGO however I heard him on SEN this arvo discussing Bryce Gibbs returning to Carlton after maybe asking for a 2nd trade to Adelaide:

TGO: "Football's a profession but if you can't love the one that you... wanna be with, love..."
Francis Leach: "Love the one you're with. If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with"
TGO: "Is that it?"
FL: "Yep"
TGO: "And I reckon that's crap. I reckon that's a rubbish comment"
FL: "It's a Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young song from the early '70s"
TGO: "That's rubbish. It's like girls you know, if you can't, arrhh, that's crap"
There was then a bit after that where it was mentioned that TGO could possibly host a love advice segment for callers. Now that would be a good listen.

Praise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also managed to catch a bit of TGO this afternoon on SEN. Devon Smith 'takes shots from the carpark'. Genuinely chuckled.

'Footballs rational, but it's not callous'.

Caller - 'I have some Essendon trivia I thought Robbo might be interested in...'
TGO (cutting in) - 'No, I'm not.'
Trivia

Very entertaining. TGO concerned about an Oils concert being too close to Oaks Day. AKA Ladies Day.

Imagine TGO, resplendent in recently fitted shiny suit, hat, and a wise look on his face that... at first you think this look is a twelve beer glassy stare but on second glance he reaches deep into your soul, pulls out a fragment, shows it to you and exclaims 'love the one... you wanna be love with..."

By the end of the day I would assume there would be a crowd gathered around his reclining form in adoration. Sure, to the casual observer it looks like a passed out disheveled larger man surrounded by crushed beer cans and remnants of a souvlaki* under a tree... but the crowd says otherwise.

* the real miracle being TGO procuring a souva at the races when there aren't any for sale

Brothers, often reflecting on His teachings, it feels impossible for one’s mind to fully unravel or comprehend the mystery radiating from them - both his "That's crap!" and "No, I'm not!" are perfect examples of this. No one will ever be able to fully grasp the wonder of TGO's divine being, just as no one will ever be able to fully know the origins of the universe, yet it shan't deter His flock from trying.

Remain tuned to the holy Twitter feed for accounts of His annual off-season pilgrimage. Will it be Kuta this year? Mooloolaba? The Seaford caravan park?

Vigilance will be its own reward.

Brothers, often reflecting on His teachings, it feels impossible for one’s mind to fully unravel or comprehend the mystery radiating from them - both his "That's crap!" and "No, I'm not!" are perfect examples of this. No one will ever be able to fully grasp the wonder of TGO's divine being, just as no one will ever be able to fully know the origins of the universe, yet it shan't deter His flock from trying.

Remain tuned to the holy Twitter feed for accounts of His annual off-season pilgrimage. Will it be Kuta this year? Mooloolaba? The Seaford caravan park?

Vigilance will be its own reward.
BigFooty spies tell us that Inverloch is the hibernating haunting ground for TGO.

You'd imagine TGO would be a hit on Trip Advisor in Inverloch by now.

Sounds like TGO has His next US trip sorted out (on SEN this arvo):

TGO (for it is He): "One day I'm going to go to America and go to a baseball game"
Francis Leach: "It's great fun. It's like anything, you can pick a dull day where nothing happens but the if you go to the playoffs it's awesome"
TGO: "Is it, but is it like, is it like drink beer and eat hot dogs?"
FL: "Yea, pretty much"
TGO: "Good day"

Praise.

TGO (for it is He): "One day I'm going to go to America and go to a baseball game"
Francis Leach: "It's great fun. It's like anything, you can pick a dull day where nothing happens but the if you go to the playoffs it's awesome"

Praise.
TGO may never return

Praise.

TGO would have been great singing a duet with Harry Caray of Take Me Out To the Ballgame at Wrigley Field.

Harry was known to slur more the longer the game went. I was there one afternoon with a long ran delay. Harry certainly kept his tonsils lubricated, and almost fell out of the box.

Last edited:

Praise.

he's gonna be a Nacho Man too, I'm sure

11aai4g.png

TGO says YES to one-in-all-in and NO to Gillon McLachlan.

There's nothing confusing about that. Praise.

Brothers, I have been both blessed, and praised, by, The Great One himself :rainbow:
Mark Robinson, indeed man of the people. :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back