The Dale Thomas experiment.

Remove this Banner Ad

thats what i love about thomas , hes willing to back himself and take on palyers, im sure mm would have told him to do that.

hes one of the players, if on the odd occasion he gets caught trying to create something , i dont really care. because thats what he brings to the team , line breaking running and to say its selfish and not team orientated is just stupid

has any one noticed how long thomas takes to dispose of the ball he holds the ball a second to long and doesnt do the team thing and give it to the better option he waits to see whether he can get away with it and shrug the tackle and take on the player and look like a ___en hero rather than getting the ball and giving it to the best option.

dale thomas 21 possis of bullshit

scott burns 22 possis of gold

Apples and oranges numbnuts and about 200 games of experience.
If you manage a million posts it won't make any difference to your stats though...armchair experts rarely get a contested possession unless they are nicking footy records off pensioners on the train home....lol at your remarkable grasp of the game last night and the game of football in general.

gary ablett jnrrrrrrrrr, hoping thomas turns out the same way. has the tools for it, just needs some fine tuning

Getting ahead of yourself slightly. He had a much beter game, but if as another poster quoted, he went one on one with Ball, he still had his pants pulled down.

I have been a huge critic of Thomas, not so much for his performances, but for the totally over the top image he has of being an outstanding player (eg, being named in the VIC squad).

He clearly seems to be trying hard, but still needs to get more of the ball on a regular basis. But FFS, let the kid develop without all of this ridiculous hype that seems to follow him.

Getting ahead of yourself slightly. He had a much beter game, but if as another poster quoted, he went one on one with Ball, he still had his pants pulled down.

I have been a huge critic of Thomas, not so much for his performances, but for the totally over the top image he has of being an outstanding player (eg, being named in the VIC squad).

He clearly seems to be trying hard, but still needs to get more of the ball on a regular basis. But FFS, let the kid develop without all of this ridiculous hype that seems to follow him.

ok ill write it a bit simpler since the blues supporters are the only ones not understanding.

im hoping in the future he turns out to be a similar player like gary ablett jnr.

hes a third year player, he could be anything.

he is nowhere near GAjnr atm.

i never said he is a certainty, its not pressure. its just the type of player i could see him having the potential to develop into.

damaging in the midfield with his pace and attack on the ball and can kick a few goals as a midfielder

no kid develops into something massive within the first 3 years of their career unless they are a freak.

i for now am happy to see him grow into a footballer, i dont expect him to win games off his own boot atm, unlike most of the other people.

ive never overly criticised or expected something massive from our younger guys like carrying the team.

At least watch the game if you want to post. Thomas started the game on Dal Santo not Ball. If you cannot get that simple much reported fact right, its hard to take anything else you say seriously.

Ahh yes, wasn't Ball a jet? He had the poorest disposal out of the entire Saints with 63% effective, a poor defensive effort and 5 clangers. From you ability to look at match stats I assume you are the same Carlton tool that decided to pay Fevola $2.2 mil for a 3 year contract?

When it is all said and done the reason you Carlton trolls are always on here having a crack at Thomas is because Gibbs has used Fevola as a 'role model' and is therefore slightly more useful as a player than Whitnall before you sacked him. I mean hello, who are you to lecture on overhype? This is the team that used Prick Datt's money for Chris Dudd for starters and what about Gibbs himself, who Carlton put in the leadership group before he had even played a single game? And now Fevola, worth $700 grand a year? Maybe for a game of rock, paper, scissors. No mate, you have zip cred when it comes to lecturing on overhype, especially after last night.

At least watch the game if you want to post. Thomas started the game on Dal Santo not Ball. If you cannot get that simple much reported fact right, its hard to take anything else you say seriously.

Read what I posted mate. I said that another poster indicated he went head to head with Ball. I also posted that I thought he had an ok game.

But thats ok mate, I really couldnt really care less if you take me seriously or not!

Ahh yes, wasn't Ball a jet? He had the poorest disposal out of the entire Saints with 63% effective, a poor defensive effort and 5 clangers. From you ability to look at match stats I assume you are the same Carlton tool that decided to pay Fevola $2.2 mil for a 3 year contract?

When it is all said and done the reason you Carlton trolls are always on here having a crack at Thomas is because Gibbs has used Fevola as a 'role model' and is therefore slightly more useful as a player than Whitnall before you sacked him. I mean hello, who are you to lecture on overhype? This is the team that used Prick Datt's money for Chris Dudd for starters and what about Gibbs himself, who Carlton put in the leadership group before he had even played a single game? And now Fevola, worth $700 grand a year? Maybe for a game of rock, paper, scissors. No mate, you have zip cred when it comes to lecturing on overhype, especially after last night.

A Carlton tool? Play the ball mate, not the man! How many of you really read what is being written? :confused:

If you disagree with what I said, then why dont you try arguing the point instead of completely changing the point of the thread. If you disagree that Thomas is overhyped, lets hear some reasons, but hey thats not the way of BF is it? I dont agree so I am going to have a crack at something totally irrelevant! But hey, it is an open forum, so more power to you!!!

One other thing though, Pratts money for Judd??? FFS, jealous much? Last time I looked he worked for CFC not VISY!

And where did you read or hear that Fev will be on $700k? Thats right it was mentioned on tv so it is true yeah? Fact is pal, Fev doesnt even have his management situation worked out yet, so I would be extremely surprised if an offer is on the table. Yet another case of BF BS!

How was it trolling when I said he actually played a pretty good game?

The initial Vic squad was named early, and based on last years form he was definately one of the best Vic small forwards.

One other thing though, Pratts money for Judd??? FFS, jealous much? Last time I looked he worked for CFC not VISY!
It was Dick Pratt himself who said the reason Judd came to Carlton was so he could be "in big business with Dick Pratt". So let's not kid ourselves about why he's in navy blue, it's not for the culture, facilities or the young list of high draft picks.

On Thomas; I thought he made a good fist of it. I'd rather we played a creative player head-to-head on a Dal Santo than play a negating player. If we tag Dal, he still gets 15-20 possessions anyway, this way he gets a few more but Thomas can hurt going the other way, and it has the advantage of getting Thomas in to the play while he's out of form.

A worthy experiment, IMHO. I still have high hopes that Thomas can develop into a midfielder full-time in future. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was Dick Pratt himself who said the reason Judd came to Carlton was so he could be "in big business with Dick Pratt". So let's not kid ourselves about why he's in navy blue, it's not for the culture, facilities or the young list of high draft picks.

On Thomas; I thought he made a good fist of it. I'd rather we played a creative player head-to-head on a Dal Santo than play a negating player. If we tag Dal, he still gets 15-20 possessions anyway, this way he gets a few more but Thomas can hurt going the other way, and it has the advantage of getting Thomas in to the play while he's out of form.

A worthy experiment, IMHO. I still have high hopes that Thomas can develop into a midfielder full-time in future. :thumbsu:

Mate that is rubbish, clearly outside TPP guidelines. If you have that proof pal, take it to the AFL, because I am sure they would be interested. in fact I would be too, because if we were to cheat the cap again, I will be the first to hand back my membership.
As for the other reasons you mentioned that couldnt possibly be true, think back to round 4 mate.

Mate that is rubbish, clearly outside TPP guidelines. If you have that proof pal, take it to the AFL, because I am sure they would be interested. in fact I would be too, because if we were to cheat the cap again, I will be the first to hand back my membership.
As for the other reasons you mentioned that couldnt possibly be true, think back to round 4 mate.
"Judd made a statement - the reason he came to Carlton was because he saw opportunities here, particularly in big business with Dick Pratt." - Richard Pratt, Herald-Sun, 19/03/2008.

Next.

He was on Dal Santo...

Hand back your membership (tokenship) to the Rort of a ScumClub you follow.

BlueDW, you just got owned! ;)

What was your part in securing Juddy?
I came in late in the piece. Steven Icke (football operations manager) and others knew he wanted to come back to Melbourne. I talked to (John) Worsfold on the phone and asked him whether he would support Carlton getting him. He said he had a soft spot for Carlton (from his time as assistant coach) and he'd do anything he could to see that he did come to Carlton.
Yeah, I made the odd phone call, but nothing that would have swayed him.
So how were you important in the equation?
He loves the environment and our company is the most advanced environmentally thinking company in Australia. That was important. We've arranged for him to be the environmental ambassador for us.

Show me where he says he came to Carlton so he could go into BIG business with Pratt.

What was your part in securing Juddy?
I came in late in the piece. Steven Icke (football operations manager) and others knew he wanted to come back to Melbourne. I talked to (John) Worsfold on the phone and asked him whether he would support Carlton getting him. He said he had a soft spot for Carlton (from his time as assistant coach) and he'd do anything he could to see that he did come to Carlton.
Yeah, I made the odd phone call, but nothing that would have swayed him.
So how were you important in the equation?
He loves the environment and our company is the most advanced environmentally thinking company in Australia. That was important. We've arranged for him to be the environmental ambassador for us.

Show me where he says he came to Carlton so he could go into BIG business with Pratt.

Ummm... Didn't you read the paragraph, above the ones you quoted, properly?

Here it is for you...

You're open to the possibility of staying on after this year?
Yes, absolutely. One of the conditions of (chief executive) Greg (Swann) joining the group, one of the conditions of (Chris) Judd joining the group was that I stay. I agreed to stay for at least two years, maybe longer. Judd made a statement - the reason he came to Carlton was because he saw opportunities here, particularly in big business with Dick Pratt.

Owned again mate... Now go back from where you came!

Took on the game. Can't fault that.

Good to see one of our junior magpies stand up and play that tough inside mid position, put his body on the line repeatedly to win the ball or at least to make a solid contest, often resulting in a ball-up situation. Handballs and clearances from the midfield were just a bonus to a good performance. Showed lots of heart today.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Dale Thomas experiment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back