News The Day Has Finally Arrived.. It's Redpath Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee there are going to be a lot of disappointed people after they witness his debut tomorrow.
If I keep my hopes high that makes it all that much better when he dominates. ;)

I've found there are two types of Bulldogs supporters: The ones that are eternally positive and believe that everything's coming up Millhouse!

OR

The ones that are overwhelmingly negative and think everything is destined to fail, usually because they've had so much heartbreak.

I fit into the first category, I haven't been scarred enough by the Dogs yet :D

If I keep my hopes high that makes it all that much better when he dominates. ;)

I've found there are two types of Bulldogs supporters: The ones that are eternally positive and believe that everything's coming up Millhouse!

OR

The ones that are overwhelmingly negative and think everything is destined to fail, usually because they've had so much heartbreak.

I fit into the first category, I haven't been scarred enough by the Dogs yet :D
Can fit into both :) At the end of 2011, I was despondent, just didn't see a way out and was even more worried with the expansion teams in the way.

Now, as we all know well, I'll argue all day about our positives and our upside. :p

If Redpath kicks the first goal...I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. The reactions will be great.
Imagine if he kicks the first goal after taking a huge pack mark that takes out five cats players :p

I just want to see Joel Selwood buckle his knees in trademark fashion just as a WB player is about to tackle him... and JS not realise that it is Jack-the-Wrecking-Ball.

It will be a free kick to Geelong of course, but seeing them pick up Joel's head from the opposite boundary fence will be well worth it.

Thought he did ok in pretty bad conditions for a key forward.

Adjusted his game after 1/4 time and really crashed packs and provided a genuine contest. Even hurt a few on the way - Geelong certainly knew he was around.

Really should be picked against Gold Coast .

Thought he did ok in pretty bad conditions for a key forward.

Adjusted his game after 1/4 time and really crashed packs and provided a genuine contest. Even hurt a few on the way - Geelong certainly knew he was around.

Really should be picked against Gold Coast .
I'm one of his biggest critics and I completely agree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As McCartney said, he far from disgraced himself. Deserves a few more games at the elite level alongside Jones, Crameri and Stringer to really show his wares.

I thought he was good. The conditions probably wouldn't usually suit a big man. That said the conditions may have made the game a little slower so it'll be interesting to see how he goes under the roof. He sure has a presence, is a monster of a bloke.

The reality is Redpath is a dud, or more kindly a suburban footballer. Lack of options due to poor recruiting in recent years gets him a game. He may get another game or two to give him more of a chance and I hope he takes it. Can't see him making it though

Just watched Macca's presser after the game - said Jack will definitely play against Gold Coast and most probably the week after that - he will be given an opportunity as some have been given before him and not taken them.

The reality is Redpath is a dud, or more kindly a suburban footballer. Lack of options due to poor recruiting in recent years gets him a game. He may get another game or two to give him more of a chance and I hope he takes it. Can't see him making it though

It's good to see you back after 3 years, and he may have got a game by default, but think "dud" is a bit harsh.

Just watched Macca's presser after the game - said Jack will definitely play against Gold Coast and most probably the week after that - he will be given an opportunity as some have been given before him and not taken them.

Yes......fantastic love that Macca is going to give him a run at it.....well earned and great coaching.

I was actually impressed with him. He never stopped presenting or making his physical presence felt, even though he was debuting in very trying conditions. He let Taylor get away from him big time in that first quarter, then came out after the break and held him more or less accountable - that's huge for a debutant to make such a massive adjustment.

I'm not convinced he is going to make it, but I see signs there and am very happy we're going to give him a few weeks to show us what he's got. Great work by the coaching staff.

Last edited:
I was actually impressed with him. He never stopped presenting or making his physical presence felt, even if the conditions were poor and he was debuting in very trying conditions. He let Taylor get away from him big time in that first quarter, then came out after the break and held him more or less accountable - that's huge for a debutant to make such a massive adjustment.

I'm not convinced he is going to make it, but I see signs there and am very happy we're going to give him a few weeks to show us what he's got. Great work by the coaching staff.
Couldn't agree more. Can't wait to see how he goes up in Cairns and under the roof.

Wonder if that little dig at the end is about Jones? LJ is the one tall who has been handed a heap of games even when he's not performing, maybe they've finally had enough and will give him a proper spell in the 2s (which I cant remember him having for years tbh). If thats the case hopefully its the kicker he needs to finally get his career started, he's shown how good he can be when he tries but ****, you need to do it for more than one week every month or two.

Remove this Banner Ad

News The Day Has Finally Arrived.. It's Redpath Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back