The Dockers will win their first premiership in 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
urgh i hate these threads. Long year yet....saint kilda and Hawks in tassie surely will beat us this year :p....we're 2 or 3 injuries away from being knocked down a peg. For example if Fyfe and Johnson *TOUCH WOOD* go down for a good part of the year it'll be interesting to see the hype...Also Hawks are missing a fair few players and they are a vastly different team around the fringes. Port are unsual, while Sydney are also winding into the year after the GF.

However it is good to have a good start. Most significant wins were against port and syd imo, with no disrespect to the other teams. Doggies are dangerous, North can beat the best and Adelaide in Adelaide is no easy task.

We were 2 games clear on top after Round 12, but then went on to win just 4 more games for the rest of the H&A season, finishing up 5th. Things can change pretty drastically.

We're not Port. Our team is far better because we have a game plan. Sure we will have injuries but our system is built so that we can afford to have couple missing and still win games.

Port had an easy draw last year and opposition had key outs during that winning run.

The best part of this thread is how the past is used to justify freo as pretenders.

Ross lyon is coach this guy knows how to win in the H&A season, with a top 2 finish its a GF appearance at very least.

We're not Port. Our team is far better because we have a game plan. Sure we will have injuries but our system is built so that we can afford to have couple missing and still win games.

Port had an easy draw last year and opposition had key outs during that winning run.
That's a pretty arrogant statement. We beat you guys in a final on your deck. I'd say we had a plan. Freo are a good team no doubt, but it's only May.

I wasn't really talking about Fremantle, I was more talking about Port in response to MinerBoy s question. He may have been talking about Fremantle, but I was just answering a question about Port.

That system of yours was tested in last years finals series and couldn't manage to save you from a straight sets exit, and as for our 'easy draw' last year, we had an easy draw in 2013 and our tougher draw in 2014 was going to ensure that we dropped out of the 8 :rolleyes:

That's a pretty arrogant statement. We beat you guys in a final on your deck. I'd say we had a plan. Freo are a good team no doubt, but it's only May.

Barely beat us without our defence. Like I said in another thread Port are still developing the next couple of years they will be a genuine threat. At the moment they're not especially because they dont have a plan B.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* 3-peat just about impossible
* losing GF previous year, still there abouts..... motivation HIGH
* very little in the way of other sides doing anything special
* Hawks could still come good, but the odds.... Freo have so much more "want"

unless Port or Sydney turn into magic it's Freo's to lose from here.

Barely beat us without our defence. Like I said in another thread Port are still developing the next couple of years they will be a genuine threat. At the moment they're not especially because they dont have a plan B.
That defence is still vulnerable to injury. One of or both McPharlin and Johnson have struggled to be available for finals since 2012. This year they could get lucky, but McPharlin is already out for calf soreness. It's a long season and injuries happen.

With the "Fremantle finishing top home final yahdiayaha". The team that finishes 2nd gets those advantages as well. And the common consensus is that Port, Sydney and Hawthorn are thereabouts with them on ability. So I wouldn't be calling premierships already.

Agreed. The Hawks still look the goods to me and their inconsistency this year is likely a passing phase. As we get deeper into the season, the Hawks will be back to normal....and damn hard to beat.

Either way, not many cups are won in May.

Bottom line is, we are doing ok so far.....so far!

They've got the team and the structure to go all the way. With some of their rivals losing games you would expect them to win, anything less than a top 2 finish would be disappointing for Freo. Barring a horrible run of injuries or form (which doesn't seem likely with the Ross Lyon gameplan), this is probably as good an opportunity as a club will have to bring home their first flag. For mine, it'll be all above the shoulders for Freo. Big finals have a knack of exposing any minute bit of mental fragility. If they can overcome the yips they had in 2013, it's theirs for the taking.

Its Round 6 and what are you basing this assumption on.

Let me get this right, you are basing this on Bookies odds? your quite funny.

Bookies are a significantly better prediction of outcomes than all the media pundits combined. If they weren't, they would be broke.

* 3-peat just about impossible
* losing GF previous year, still there abouts..... motivation HIGH
* very little in the way of other sides doing anything special
* Hawks could still come good, but the odds.... Freo have so much more "want"

unless Port or Sydney turn into magic it's Freo's to lose from here.

I agree with this an a sense. There is a thread on the Hawthorn board asking if we lack a little redemption this year. 2013 we were making up for a lost opportunity in 2012. 2014 we faced the team that our star forward had defected too. 2015 the only thing that is driving us is the 3-peat. And most of our senior players have 3 premierships to their name already.

I still think the Hawks have the most talented list in the AFL. I just think a couple of other teams may have more hunger. Thats not to say that we wont win it all. Maybe these losses might be what drives us to the 3-pear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back