The Dockers will win their first premiership in 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably. Freo better not shit themselves like last time. I'd like to see a team other than Hawthorn, Sydney win a flag

If we play them, I hope we smash them. If they play Sydney, more than happy for them to salute.

Freo chance weighs heavily on the health of only a few key individuals. However i do think theyre a good thing this year and i wish them luck but lets make 1 thing clear, there is not a player on their list thats as classy as the player in the Macca81's avatar. Not 1 :)

barring injury, a good chance, dream = western derby grand final, but i doubt it.. for a while.. if we had our strongest team on the park possibly.

Whats your point... that the conventional wisdom with one game played has become wrong -- therefor so is the non-conventional wisdom that freo are a shoe-in based on ACTUAL evidence to this very latest week??

Right :drunk:

My point is that five weeks ago another team were "certainties" and now Freo are apparently "certainties", so perhaps people should take a deep breath before declaring any other moronic statements.

Dockers have always needed to finish top 2 to win a GF I've always thought. They are well on track. The fact that they are 2-3 games clear of their main competitors so early is the biggest advantage

Combined with a healthy list, this puts them in a great position. You'd be surprised how much it takes out of a team coming back from a slow start to the year. Look at how the dockers hold all the cards coasting through games while the other 3 are already cracking trying to catch up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dockers have always needed to finish top 2 to win a GF I've always thought. They are well on track. The fact that they are 2-3 games clear of their main competitors so early is the biggest advantage
Winning first week of finals is important. With a two week break I don't think it mattered much in the end that we played Geelong in Geelong in 2013...

Yep, you just get the feeling it's their year. Hard to see them not sewing up a top 2 spot and a home final from here. If that happens then they're going to be impossible to beat at home.

Realistically Hawthorn and Sydney are the only competitors. The Hawks look like they may be on the decline most people predicted was coming, and our midfield simply can't compete with theirs due to our woeful skills.

Freo are looking good things to secure top spot & thereby 2 Home finals, which pretty much guarantees them a spot in the Granny....They'll be hard to stop from here.

They also have the pain of 3 recent finals failures, including a Grand Final. So have all the necessary pre-requisites required to enact a redemption.

Favorites without a doubt.

Winning first week of finals is important. With a two week break I don't think it mattered much in the end that we played Geelong in Geelong in 2013...
That job is a lot easier to do at home. Could have had a hand in the 13 GF result who are we to know? Considering Fremantle's record away against Hawthorn and Sydney in particular, I stick to my original statement.

That job is a lot easier to do at home. Could have had a hand in the 13 GF result who are we to know? Considering Fremantle's record away against Hawthorn and Sydney in particular, I stick to my original statement.
Obviously winning the first final is much easier at home. Just don't think you necessarily have to finish top 2, but it surely helps. You "only"" have to win week 1.

Obviously winning the first final is much easier at home. Just don't think you necessarily have to finish top 2, but it surely helps. You "only"" have to win week 1.
I'm coming from the angle of- you've finished top 2, your vsing someone worst than you on the ladder, at home. As opposed to yeah we can win away against a top 2 contender it'll be tough/unlikely. I live in wa and have always said that wa teams need to finish top 2, whether it be for home/away reasons, or to just be one of the 2 top teams throughout the season. It has felt like more of a priority considering the distance. Since the modern finals system, no WA side has won a GF outside of being the top 2 and I believe that trend would continue if the dockers didn't finish top 2. Not sure why your riding my arse about this considering I'm pumping up your team.

Based on the Season to date, you would have to agree.

Things can change mind you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back