The drinks are on Beamer..

Remove this Banner Ad

doing it when the coach is in a better mood and you're in impressive form is likely to get you a better outcome than when he is already on the launch pad.

just human nature, if you catch people at the right time you get a better outcome.

never a good time to do something like this, just a less penal outcome if you get a happy camper.

Not exactly sure when in the last 3 years Bailey would have exactly been in a good mood. Sure there may have been fleeting moments when the team looked ok but surely it would not matter one iota whether Bailey is in a good mood or not..

To me I dont see the harm for any footy player to go out and have a few beers after a game on the weekends. I'm sure 90% of us on here have a drink after work on fridays right?

Prob went a bit too far beamer having a slash on the bar though. :eek:

Sack Bailey, he can't control his players.

Agreed. Can't believe Dean wasn't out with Moloney holding his hand to make sure he made the right decisions...

We want Melbourne to be a ruthlessly successful club. Set high standards on and off the field. If the story is accurate then Moloney, a supposed leader and standard setter, needs to be dealt with harshly. If that includes suspension and/or leadership group sacking, fine. Short term pain for long term gain.

Beamer has to be sacked from the leadership group. We can't have so called leaders setting examples like that. I don't agree that he should be suspended though - why should the club and supporters suffer? We cannot take the Suns lightly or we risk losing.

Conclusion - Fine him $5k and sack him from the leadership group.

throw him in the middle next week and tell him to redeem himself or he can miss the next two weeks. no use to us on the sidelines.

make him earn his respect and dont let him hide away

This post needs more love, and it's the best way for Moloney to repay his teammates. Having him sitting out for a week will just penalise the team.

Good call

presser on fox sports now bailey is pissed right off good decision by the club let him play this week his actions will speak louder than words good luck who ever plays on him this week

***************.com.au/articles/2011/04/11/moloney-dumped-from-melbourne-leaders/

*************** is the **************

Cleared of urinating in public but stood down from the leadership group for being drunk in public. He admitted he has a binge drinking problem...don't we all?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope he kills it this week!

From a selfish point of view, I'd rather he be sacked from the leadership group and keep his spot this week than vice versa.

Agreed. Should have missed a week.

Sitting out a week means you've let down your team mates by doing something that stops you from playing & by losing a good player you could cost yourself, your team mates & the club a game.

While some say it's not fair to penalise the club/other players but dropping him, he should have to live with the regret of causing the penalty to not just himself but everyone else.That puts a lot more pressure than a $5,000 fine to a guy who probably earns $400k a year (no idea actually, but you get the point).

This just pissed me off. Number one thing we need to do is stop piddling around, and take a slash at our list.

Number one thing I'd say to Beamer is this ..."Mate, you've been a champ of club since we got ya. We we just cant keep letting these types of incidents leak out to the media. Mate.. as good as you've been, you have to go"

Number two..lets fix the leaky defence. When the ball comes in, we have to go after it. Time to stop pissing in the wind with these blokes.

Lastly, I know this will sound far fetched, but lets get the wiz back at half fwd. He plays great on the MCG in the wet. I know if we just tinkle with his game a little, get him on a special fitness program, we can get him back up and going. Imagine him and Jurrah running around puddles, kicking goals together! Id have to go see that...

Off-topic, but I installed a new water feature in the backyard today.........
beamerstatue.jpg

instead of being "suspended" for 2 weeks which would have only hurt the team, he should have been docked 2 weeks pay, but still required to play.. i.e. 2/24th's of his yearly contract payments..
Seems more fair...

I like Beamer and his drinking. He can have as many drinks as he wants. He earnt them last game.

Tank:)
That was my first thought. But then I realised that his drinking may effect how he plays next week and as a leader it sets a bad example for the young guys and others who aren't playing well (half the side).

My stance on it now is - I don't mind that he likes a drink, but stick to a few and an early finish until we win a premiership - then get absolutely smashed!

I don't expect or want our players to all be saints, but, I think being hammered at 2:30 during the season isn't up to standard especially from a guy who bleeds for the club.

Given everything Beamer has done at this club, I would fine him, make him apologise to the leadership group, then the rest of the players.

I would re-instate him as VC in approximately 6-8 weeks.

(if he pissed on the bar it would have been alot worse but it seems that was a only a rumour)

Remove this Banner Ad

The drinks are on Beamer..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back