The Final Story - 1991 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

1991 will always be remembered in my family as a premiership we were destined to win, My niece was born in 87 with severe heart complications, she was in and out of hospital for 5 years until july 1991,when she tragically lost her battle.. The doctors had told us she would be lucky to survive 6 months let alone 5 years, She loved the Hawks cos of her uncle and so the monday before the Qualifying Final and the odds stacked up against us I wrote a letter to Alan Joyce and told him the story of this brave little girl who never gave up the fight even though it kept getting harder and harder, Anyways God love the bloke cos He actually rang my house and spoke to me , I wished him luck and asked him to relay the story to the boys, Well we all know the RESULT of that game and The Grand Final, To this day I don't know if he actually used My Niece as inspiration BUT she sure watched over them and helped a little. So cheers to you ,Alan and the boys for a memorable result and keeping the Family Spirit alive and well,>>>How good would it be to see the underdogs get up this year , Hawthorn & West Coast and we can relive this Granny 20 years later!!! cheers (In Loving Memory of my Niece)
Awesome mate gave me goosebumps!

About footy doco's, I think Fox Footy is showing one on the 2012 Grand Final in late March. Wouldn't mind seeing it

This is exactly the reason why you need several weeks off after suffering concussion. I wish you a speedy recovery and best of luck in rehab. :D

Anyone feel for Huddo Jnr. Loved him as a player, was disappointing when he left but I understood.

Seems to live his life in his old mans shadow.

Always found it weird the living in the shadows stuff, because 245 games and 479 goals, a fifth in the Brownlow, a Premiership Medal and a Michael Tuck Medal, is career most players can only dream about.

upload_2015-4-8_18-12-23.png

Back on topic a bit but it was great 10th birthday present for me!

Sat way way back (20 rows if I recall) behind the big score board end goals. Mum went down at 12am, then 3a, for tickets at the old Ticket tuck outlet. Nobody there!

Very few memories. I loved Angry Anderson. I remember Dunstalls goal from the pocket in the last and West Coast getting out to a 4 goal lead.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Final Story - 1991 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back