The Footy Show - Sydney want Fev according to Hutchy

Remove this Banner Ad

J Brown cheered us on at the G when we beat Richmond.

Fev is going to Syd today to cheer on Syd when they thump collingwood on sat ?

Book rumours aside for his wife.

hmmm.

When he said carlton are sick of talking about my contract kinda gave an insight their was tension, and I agree with what most people here are saying.

I think he is leaving personally. More cash and of course has more chance of living a normal life there instead of media spotlight 24/7 in an AFL town. Plus its warmer.

But you be stupid to leave the talent we finally got going for us now.

hmmm.

When he said carlton are sick of talking about my contract kinda gave an insight their was tension, and I agree with what most people here are saying.

I think he is leaving personally. More cash and of course has more chance of living a normal life there instead of media spotlight 24/7 in an AFL town. Plus its warmer.

You would be stupid, but lets not forget Fev isn't the most educated man down at the club

"according to Hutchy"

Whether Fev will stay or go, who's to say? I simply have a problem taking anything seriously that comes from Craig Hutchinson - a sh_t-truck of a journalist. He could care less about the game -- it's all about his ego.

Back to Fev -- there's something really building at Carlton, and as good as he is, if he doesn't want to be a part of it, let's raid Sydney's closet, and rattle Collingwood's cage by making a big play at Jonathon Brown (as likely as he is not to leave Brisbane).

As much of an idiot he is, It's his job..

And I have no doubt Fev is putting himself out there to other clubs, It's what he does, remember him telling everyone at the B&F he would be at Richmond the next year?

If he doesn't want to be a part of our club.. let him go..

I totally agree with this. You have to wonder what Fev's priority is, whether it is team success or making money. If he valued a premiership over money he would be thinking about the potential salary cap issues the club is going to face and would be prepared to accept a bit less to ensure the team stays together.

I don't buy this argument that he has to take care of himself financially.
The club has offered him 2.5 mil over three years which is not exactly peanuts. Even a goon like Fevola should be able to set himself up for life with that type of money. Not to mention all the other income sources he has with football. I would be very dissapointed if the club caved in and gave him an extra year.

What is it you want most from football Fev? Is it team success or money?

Ill fcuking cry like Hutchy did if he goes!! He loves the blues and why would he want to leave now we are destined for great things??

I recall Aker threw Sydney as a trade possibility and then said he made the whole thing up.

Have we set a precedent now though with Juddy? We have a star studded list and I think all Blues supporters should get use to this crap because Fev wont be the last player to look elsewhere or be lured elsewhere.

Im praying Fev will remain a Blue!!!

A high profile player coming out of contract is suddenly linked to a big money move to another club? Never heard that one before.

It's all part of the negotiation dance. His management are trying to force Carlton's hand. The club in turn will call his bluff and tell him they'll trade him to Freo. Eventually they'll all shake hands and sign a deal that will see Fev play out his career at Carlton.

Either that or we've got some awesome trading power during trade week!

"according to Hutchy"

Whether Fev will stay or go, who's to say? I simply have a problem taking anything seriously that comes from Craig Hutchinson - a sh_t-truck of a journalist. He could care less about the game -- it's all about his ego.

Hutchison is a total total muck-raker. He's "the #1 newsbreaker in footy" because if there isn't news, he creates it. See his interview with Libba re: "tanking" for the primest of prime examples. Hutchison utterly spoonfed every quote and phrase he wanted Libba to say so that all the stupid little gnome had to say was "yes". It's BS, and disappointing that people take any notice of him.

He also likes to act all innocent and naive, and ask big, controversial questions like "have you or your management spoken to another club?"... when everyone over the age of 8 is mature enough to understand this is a business, and every player-agent will talk to a bunch of clubs at every opportunity. Ie. It is TOTALLY business as usual. But the man the call "Hutchy" acts all aghast and makes it seem like news.

He's a rubbish journalist and, if I could hazard a guess, a rubbish bloke.

[/b]

Same goes for Marc Murphy at this point in time!

After all this with Fev, I'm hoping Murph will stay and sign a contract soon. Anyone else have doubts that Murph will stay?

None whatsoever. I give you my personal Iron-Clad Faz 2000 Premium Edition guarantee that Murphy signs. It makes 0.0000000000 sense for him not to.

Fev on the other hand, I can see him signing elsewhere at the drop of a hat.

hmmm.

For mine, this is one reason why I think Fev will stay. Doesn't strike me as the type of guy who is running away from the media spotlight.;)

Hutchy has been fed this crap from Fev's manager, and he took the bait...........end of story.

Sydney would never get the deal done without giving away a lot of things they really won't want to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i heard that murphy wont sign till the end of the year, and the worst thing is collingwood are after him:(

Look, I've already guaranteed he signs.

But why would Collingwood want him anyway? They have DALE THOMAS!!

Ask any of them. He's miles better than Murphy.

There is no way Fev is going anywhere, He has reinvented himself, he is playing great footy, he has been through the hard times at Carlton, he is part of a very exciting young group that will challenge very soon and he loves Carlton. The Sydney approach will help create some urgency in his contract negotiations with the Blues, good luck to him.

Fevola clams up on contract talks

Carlton full-forward Brendan Fevola has refused to discuss his ongoing contract talks amid a report he is being pursued by rival AFL club Sydney.

The Swans are keen to offer Fevola a four-season contract worth $3 million, the Nine Network's The Footy Show reported last night.

It reported the Swans had already approached Fevola and were keen to trade aggressively because they identified the forward as a major priority.

Swans coach Paul Roos has called a news conference for this morning at the club's SCG headquarters to discuss the report.

Fevola, who is still in contract talks with the Blues, initially denied he had spoken with Sydney.

But he then refused to discuss the matter.

"I'm not going to talk about my contract," he said.

"I'm sick of talking about my contract, Carlton's sick of talking about my contract."

Fevola, 27, is enjoying a great season, as his 61 goals has him second on the league goal kicking table, behind Hawthorn's Lance Franklin (66).

=--------------------------------------------------------------=

I cant wait to here what Roos has to say!!

another full of crap report is coming up i would assume!!

Seriously not that concerned. Hutchy has a gig on the footy show where he gets 15 minutes a night to come on and live up to his reputation as the best "news breaker" in the AFL. If he doesnt come on with ground breaking stories such as Brown to Collingwood, Fev to Sydney, Ronaldo to Melbourne Victory or come up with tear jerker stories such as Hay's depression or chasing around Polaks poor GF then he will simply lose his gig and his credibility as AFL's prime behind the scenes journo.

I mean honestly did you see the looks Newman was giving him, even Huchty blasted at him "Stop it, Im trying to be serious"!! (your trying Hutchy and your failing).

Lets pretend to give this some merit and say that Fev is in advanced contract talks with Sydney and that they will trade aggresively. It will be two first round picks (one being in the top 5) and maybe even a second rounder. Sydney are currently sitting 5th, just where the hell are they going to get a top 5 pick in the last draft before the Gold Coast concessions come in??? They would have to give up an O'Keefe/Kirk type and that simply is not going to happen. Remember 3 useful type players do not equal a top 5 pick only a quality player does.

Next Fev's management have just signed him up and are doing there best to impress him and justify his signature. I have no doubt they have spoken with a number of clubs about Fev to drive up the maximum price he will sign for at Carlton. Just as I have no doubt Carlton among other clubs have asked about Brown, Pavlich and any other uncontracted/highly rated player who appears not happy at present club.

hmmm.

If Fevola leaves Carlton, the only that's going to happen is Fevola media spotlight. We all know what happened with Chris Judd, 24/7 surveilance on when he eats, sleeps, sh*ts... The media coverage will sky rocket!

So if Roos says yes we did talk to him, and if Fev had of said yes last night then wouldn't that mean that Sydney are fuc%$k?????

That sentence is fuc%$k.

I highly doubt it's illegal to talk to someone else's contracted players. Not a very good idea, though. A solid working relationship is necessary between all clubs, and if one is found to be chatting to other teams' contracted players, they could find themselves black-listed across the league very quickly from all further conversations.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Footy Show - Sydney want Fev according to Hutchy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back