The Footy Show - Sydney want Fev according to Hutchy

Remove this Banner Ad

That sentence is fuc%$k.

I highly doubt it's illegal to talk to someone else's contracted players. Not a very good idea, though. A solid working relationship is necessary between all clubs, and if one is found to be chatting to other teams' contracted players, they could find themselves black-listed across the league very quickly from all further conversations.

I remember when we got Judd, there were accusations that Carlton had been in discussions with his management earlier in the year. From this people were suggesting that if true, this was outside the rules of player dealings between clubs.

It doesn't take a genius to work out either that Brown and Fevola both share the same management team, and that all this is a publicity spin by them to try and bully the clubs.

4 year contract for $3M.

He is their only priority.

Fev said he will not discuss his contract. Denies even speaking to them despite Hutchy claiming the Swans had spoken directly to him.

I think he is worth more than that if we don't give that to him then we deserve to lose him

If Judd = 5m over 5 then Fev easily is 3m over 4

Judd is worth far more than Fevola, I believe. If we say, for argument's sake, their playing ability is the same and their contribution to the team on the field is equal, Judd value is far higher because:

1. Judd is younger.
2. Judd has tasted Premiership success.
3. Judd is the consumate professional; Fev is the consumate talented primadonna.
4. Judd is captaincy material; Fev is not.
5. Judd's name is worth 5,000 members; Fev's is not.
6. Judd is a PR dream, in a steady relationship, concerned about the environment, drinks mineral water when out. Fev shagged Bingle, pisses on windows and fights bartenders.

Their women are both exceptionally hot, so I'll call that a draw, but there's a lot in Juddy's favour compared to Fev, and I'm fine with his salary reflecting that.

Based on Roos' pretty strong response (and assuming they aren't lying), I wonder if Fev's new management have sold Hutchy a porky? Would be a great way to lose credibility pretty quickly. Or maybe he's just got a really bad source.

I believe Hutchy had good info on one bit last night though.

He quickly said "I can confirm that"...........just after Fev explained he is going to Sydney with his wife to meet a publisher........great scoop Hutchy? How reliable is the source?:cool::eek:

As I said -- Hutchinson is a hack and an embarrasment to his trade... and as Faz 2000 alluded, most likely a rubbish bloke as well.

What annoys me is why he won’t sign!!! I don’t give a rat’s ass about that tosser Hutchinson I care for the club and the players! Surely that fact fev isn’t putting pen to paper is having some negative affect???

Come on fev do the right by your team mates otherwise in my opinion piss-off! How fu cking easy is it to sign a document??

As I said before the baggers are going forward with you or with out you!

What worries me is that a few weeks ago when Fev was asked about his contracts he would say that ideally he wants to stay a Blue. He would talk about how good we have been to him and he wants to finish his career at Carlton.

Now, he isnt mentioning this at all. All he is saying is "I dont want to discuss my negotiations."

I think it's more a case of being told not to talk about his contract, rather than not wanting to discuss. Not surprised at all that the club would tell him to shut up after some of his comments a few weeks back. And he did say yesterday that hopefully a deal would be done soon with Carlton.

What annoys me is why he won’t sign!!! I don’t give a rat’s ass about that tosser Hutchinson I care for the club and the players! Surely that fact fev isn’t putting pen to paper is having some negative affect???

Come on fev do the right by your team mates otherwise in my opinion piss-off! How fu cking easy is it to sign a document??

The thing is Fev has just signed with a new management team. These guys have only existed this year and only have a couple of clients. It is not bad business idea to hold the clubs to a little bit of ransom, so that they can put it out there that they will not be pushed over by the clubs.

This extensions of time on signing his contract may also be highly correlated to the whole Pratt fallout.

A high profile player coming out of contract is suddenly linked to a big money move to another club? Never heard that one before.

It's all part of the negotiation dance. His management are trying to force Carlton's hand. The club in turn will call his bluff and tell him they'll trade him to Freo. Eventually they'll all shake hands and sign a deal that will see Fev play out his career at Carlton.

Either that or we've got some awesome trading power during trade week!

Exactly. Happens time after time after time again, yet every time the masses are fooled into believing the rumours.

Fev's not our only player who is yet to re-sign *coughmurphycough* *swallows throat lozenge* - just the only player the media (aka Hutchy) is making a song and dance over.

But you're only aware of him NOT SIGNING because tossers like Hutchison are saying "ooooh, Fev's not signing!"

Fev's signed for this year. He's a Blue in 2008. I bet there are several players who are out of contract for next year. Are we panicking about them? Why aren't we being bombarded with "WIGGINS IS YET TO SIGN"? Because it's a big name, and Hutchy wants a story.

This is what journalism has come to. It's the opposite of news. Nobody is saying anything HAS happened. They are reporting that something has NOT happened.

In news just to hand today, the world didn't explode, Brendan Fevola didn't sign a contract and Natalie Bassingthwaite didn't wear underpants. It's NOT news. You can't report something NOT happening. It's BS.

A negative affect?

Well lets look at the evidence.

Blues win 3 out of 4 and in season best form.........nope....can't see it.

Fev kicks 2, 7, 7, 5 in that time.........hmm........nope.....nothing there either.

Who is it having a negaive affect on?

Is the fact that Waite, Murphy, Grigg, Austin, Cloke, Banno, and
Hoops haven't been signed having a negative impact as well, or are we only concerned with players the papers talk about?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do fool yourselves guys, Forget brown, he is fast becoming the most over valued player in the AFL. Heck id give more to get Pavlich than Brown without a second thought.

Brown's body is shot and i know this for a fact. He probably has another 2 years if that on top and then his body will deteriorate quickly. Fev has another 3 min - 5 years on top, Pavlich the same.

Sydney have nothing to give us unless it involves Sydney giving us O'Keefe, Jolly & McVeigh, but i wouldnt have thought so. Their 1st draft pick will be somewhere between 13-16 you would assume, they wont get him in the PSD as melbourne have that much money in their kitty as do West Coast & Freo, so that rules that out.

My thoughts are that Fev will stay, or that i hope so anyway. Fev is more important to us than Juddy ATM, and i will dispute that with anyone. Yes im a little disappointed with the current situation because when you look at what the senior players at Geelong have done to stay together, it really gets you wondering what Fev s doing, if he actually cares about our club, but this could all be a media beat up, we dont really know what is really going on...

Fev please sign, we love you, the club loves you and we think you love the club... you will be involved in a premiership in 3-4 years time no doubt so just SIGN THAT DOTTED LINE BOY.

Do fool yourselves guys, Forget brown, he is fast becoming the most over valued player in the AFL. Heck id give more to get Pavlich than Brown without a second thought.

Brown's body is shot and i know this for a fact. He probably has another 2 years if that on top and then his body will deteriorate quickly. Fev has another 3 min - 5 years on top, Pavlich the same.

Sydney have nothing to give us unless it involves Sydney giving us O'Keefe, Jolly & McVeigh, but i wouldnt have thought so. Their 1st draft pick will be somewhere between 13-16 you would assume, they wont get him in the PSD as melbourne have that much money in their kitty as do West Coast & Freo, so that rules that out.

My thoughts are that Fev will stay, or that i hope so anyway. Fev is more important to us than Juddy ATM, and i will dispute that with anyone. Yes im a little disappointed with the current situation because when you look at what the senior players at Geelong have done to stay together, it really gets you wondering what Fev s doing, if he actually cares about our club, but this could all be a media beat up, we dont really know what is really going on...

Fev please sign, we love you, the club loves you and we think you love the club... you will be involved in a premiership in 3-4 years time no doubt so just SIGN THAT DOTTED LINE BOY.
Let's send this too him as I reckon 2 million Carlton people feel the same way as you. Nice post mate:thumbsu:

But you're only aware of him NOT SIGNING because tossers like Hutchison are saying "ooooh, Fev's not signing!"

Fev's signed for this year. He's a Blue in 2008. I bet there are several players who are out of contract for next year. Are we panicking about them? Why aren't we being bombarded with "WIGGINS IS YET TO SIGN"? Because it's a big name, and Hutchy wants a story.

This is what journalism has come to. It's the opposite of news. Nobody is saying anything HAS happened. They are reporting that something has NOT happened.

In news just to hand today, the world didn't explode, Brendan Fevola didn't sign a contract and Natalie Bassingthwaite didn't wear underpants. It's NOT news. You can't report something NOT happening. It's BS.
Mmmmm Natalie Bassingwaite without undies mmmm......:D

Pretty obvious Fev is holding our fwd line together, and like some people have said, potentially our most important player. I'd probably dispute that and go for Judd.. not just for his onfield skills but for his professionalism and off field leadership he offers all the other players (he lifts them all to greater heights). Also, WCE had no key fwd of relevance and still won a premiership.

Anyway, back on topic. Premiership sides of the last few years have had players sacrifice to ensure they keep a a very skilled group together. Fev hunting for the biggest dollar on the market may kill Carlton in the end. He has always been a wildcard personality-wise and as a Carlton fan first, I'm ok with letting him go if he is pushing for the earth (money-wise). Pay him the same as Judd and there is no premiership!

Aside from the great difficulties in finding the best players to form a premiership group, one of the next hardest is fitting them all in the salary cap and keeping them happy - Fev could be putting this in jeapody. If over the next 3-5 years we pay him like a 1 man fwd-line, we will trap Carlton into being a 1-man fwd line.

The game has changed and success is built around 3-4 fwds contributing an even load. This means pay them even money. If we go ahead and pay Fev the earth, we cant afford 4 evenly performing fwds in 3 years time (by salary).

PS
Look at Clarkson with Franklin. Despite having the biggest thing going in football in his fwdline, every 4/5 weeks, he pushes Buddy aside and makes Roughhead the main go to man. It provides balance/cover everything. If Roughhead can produce solid 4-6 goal games, it slows buddy's call for 1 billion (joke) a season which would spell the end of Hawthorns premiership aspirations.

C'mon Faz, I wouldn't mind seeing this kind of reporting on the news every night :thumbsu::D

Fucl< the report, I want to see the paparazzi's piece on this!!! :D

FWIW reporter's like Hutchie only exist because of all the chicken lickens who think he has actually reported anything significant here :rolleyes:

Sydney have nothing to give us unless it involves Sydney giving us O'Keefe, Jolly & McVeigh, but i wouldnt have thought so.

Surely you mean O'Keefe, Jolly or McVeigh?

We're talking about 2 of the 5 most important players at our club here & a top 5 draft pick that's just beginning to come good..

Fev is a selfish bitch after everything the club has done for him. And I am not talking about just once or twice, the club has stood by him even after all the shit he put us through and if he does go to Sydney then he can ____ off. Someone said on this thread that we should not kid ourselves that Fev bleeds Blue and he is right. Fev has never bled Blue he is in this for himself, fair enough everyone needs to make a living but we are offering him a huge amount of cash. If Fev really did care about Carlton he would have signed the contract a long time ago it wasn't like we were asking him to take a pay cut.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Footy Show - Sydney want Fev according to Hutchy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back