Mega Thread The Franklin Mint - All Buddy angst, rants, etc to go in here AND NOWHERE ELSE

Remove this Banner Ad

So many offended supporters in here. Every single one of you would have taken the same deal he was offered.

I would have taken it.

But I wouldn't expect Hawk supporters to love me for it.

Works out that the Swanettes are paying Budwah $90,000 a month (including the off season) for the next 10 years.

From that you could just about work out what each behind and each dropped mark will cost them. My bitterness is completely aimed at the Swans

great start to the season

So many offended supporters in here. Every single one of you would have taken the same deal he was offered.
Yes youre right but what you have to remember is, sport is a very public occupation, which means high and lows will follow whatever you do. You don't see 100 thousand people jumping up and down for an accountant, due to it's existence emotion will always overflow with highs and lows and as fans they reserve the right to feel cheated, Franklin walk out in his and Hawthorn's prime, so of course the feelings will be quite raw still.

In the mood for some comedy guys? Go have a read of the $wans board right now. Some of their posters are already writing off their entire year on the back of that performance.
My personal fave:

"This is going to sound terrible but if there are players who are unhappy about Buddy's pay packet we need to trade them all out in the next trade period so we can get something for them before they become free agents. No matter the player if they are disgruntled the we need to get them out of the club and get the best deal for them that we can."

Recruiting Buddy is the bigger mistake Sydney has ever made, it actually has destroyed the club.

But honestly the best thing is that Mumford, who was a casualty of the Buddy recruitment, was near BOG today.

Can this thread be locked? It's poor form

Seriously, is there another thread on this board this broken-hearted/jilted lover.

Buddy is no longer a Hawthorn player and should no longer be provided with a thread devoted to bemoaning angst and schadenfreude
You tears are diluting my beer....

My shout! To the demise of syddy!!!!

Absolutely.

And when I land a $10mil contract I'll start the thread and you can all slag me off. OK?

Nope, I wouldn't have. Mega bags of money isn't everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So true, what isn't factored in by the money matters argument, is that he'll also be getting huge endorsement $ on top of whatever deal he took. On the income that was offered elsewhere, an even remotely decent money manager would set you up for life very comfortably.
It's not really about that for us though, it's the shafting and two faced nature of the move that we all protest against.

Of course he is paid well, but it's relative isn't it?

And then there is the fact he was offered a contract that is not only more then double in length of any one we could possibly offer, it is for nearly twice as much.

I don't blame Franklin or the Swans. I blame the AFL for allowing this to happen, allowing the AFL Swans to have the means to offer such an obscene contact straight after they snagged Tippet for stupid money.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I was more highlighting that I don't believe money is the main motivator of everyone

Works out that the Swanettes are paying Budwah $90,000 a month (including the off season) for the next 10 years.

From that you could just about work out what each behind and each dropped mark will cost them. My bitterness is completely aimed at the Swans

great start to the season

Well he kicked 1 goal, so it's $100,000 per goal and $9.9 million per out on the full

I would've had the guts to tell the club I was leaving. Then I would've helped them negotiate a trade with the $wans so they wouldn'tve been shafted with rubbish compensation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way would I have left... These are the reasons:
  1. Hawthorn drafted me and looked after me.
  2. I have good friends at the club.
  3. I have won 2 premierships with them.
  4. They are chance to win MORE premierships in the next couple of years.
  5. Hawthorn are paying me more than ENOUGH money.
  6. I want to be remembered as one of the greatest Hawks Players of all time.
  7. Sydney is a dump.
The thing that annoys me is when people say wouldn't you leave your job for more money? The answer is DEPENDS. First of all not many jobs pay 1.1 million per year. The second thing is money isn't everything... no point having heaps of coin if you're miserable.

Finally if 1.1 million per year over 4-5 years is not enough to retire and live a luxurious life... then I don't think 1.4 million per year is enough either? If you're not smart enough to retire off 1.1 million per year... then you will find a way to blow 1.4 million as well.

I was more highlighting that I don't believe money is the main motivator of everyone

Yep I agree, and true testament of this are guys like Roughie, Hodge, Mitchell...etc and lets not forget Dunstall and a few others..That always put the love of the club before money..

Last edited:
Finally if 1.1 million per year over 4-5 years is not enough to retire and live a luxurious life... then I don't think 1.4 million per year is enough either? If you're not smart enough to retire off 1.1 million per year... then you will find a way to blow 1.4 million as well.
attachment.php

It was a once in a life-time deal, you'd be stupid not to really.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I wouldn't move to Sydney for 2 million, I had to go there several times when I worked for the bank.I hated Sydney,you wouldn't move me. A country girl at heart, and I Love It.You can have the millions, it would make me miserable,not happy.There is more to life than money.:) That's just my opinion..

especially when you are already making mega bags of money.. The thing with his offer that may have been attractive is the "we will pay you regardless of how long you play" component. That could be the part that shoots them in the foot.

No way would I have left... These are the reasons:
  1. Hawthorn drafted me and looked after me.
  2. I have good friends at the club.
  3. I have won 2 premierships with them.
  4. They are chance to win MORE premierships in the next couple of years.
  5. Hawthorn are paying me more than ENOUGH money.
  6. I want to be remembered as one of the greatest Hawks Players of all time.
  7. Sydney is a dump.
The thing that annoys me is when people say wouldn't you leave your job for more money? The answer is DEPENDS. First of all not many jobs pay 1.1 million per year. The second thing is money isn't everything... no point having heaps of coin if you're miserable.

Probably the reasons dunstall didnt take the two mill brisbane offered in the niteties. And dunstall already had five ? Premierships and the hawks werent expected to win any more

We all knew Sydney just wasn't a 'right' fit for buddy. He had mates at hawthorn, blokes like gibbo he could relate to. At Sydney they seem to be nerdy boring types who attend the 'pictures' on a Saturday night like sam reid, Daniel hannebery, dead richards etc. All the talk about buddy wanting to play with goodes, well ive never seen 2 more different people. Already we are seeing signs. In the rooms and on the ground buddy seems quite isolated. Whenever they show him he is with nick davis. He doesn't seem to have warmed to any of his teammates. As this horrible season rolls on he will be yearning for hodge, Mitchell etc.

We all know buddy shows more frustration than anyone and as this horrendous year for Sydney gos on he is just going to realise what a horrible mistake he has made and the damage it will do to his 'brand'. Yes he will have more $ short term but if he had of stayed at hawthorn, won 2 more flags and retired the greatest player of all time his earnings later in life would have been exponential.

I will take great pleasure in watching the swans demise this year and you will see in buddys eyes how much he misses hawthorn

Won't Leon Cameron be a happy chappy.:D He may be quite relieved that they didn't get him.But we have a long way to go before finals. Well done GCS and GWS? You both made my day. :thumbsu:

oh the absolute joy of seeing the game live........... We got dressed up in our hawk gear and we weren't the only ones either. We had no idea GWS would actually win

but the best thing fr us was when a Swans supporter called him useless.... ha ha I felt truly vindicated

Carn the Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread The Franklin Mint - All Buddy angst, rants, etc to go in here AND NOWHERE ELSE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back