Mega Thread The Franklin Mint - All Buddy angst, rants, etc to go in here AND NOWHERE ELSE

Remove this Banner Ad

And this cost us the flag in 2012 because?

Buddy didn't cost us the flag in 2012, his missing 19 teammates did (Sewell, Buddy and Shoey the exception)

Unable to mark a ruddy football didn't help us. Hasn't been able to for years, unfortunate for him,thumbs are stuffed with a capital S..1 in 10 marks if he/they are lucky..:rolleyes:

Unable to mark a ruddy football didn't help us. Hasn't been able to for years, unfortunate for him,thumbs are stuffed with a capital S..1 in 10 marks if he/they are lucky..:rolleyes:
No, it's true. Buddy was our second best player, behind Sewell, in that Grand Final. You are delusional to think otherwise. He kept us in the game.

However I want to know, if we had one the 2012 flag, would Buddy still be with us?

Personally I'm glad he is gone, crazy (maybe even biased), but I feel like this is whole new era for Hawthorn, away from Franklin. I feel like we are honestly a better team than last year, especially considering the recruitment of McEvoy (oh how much the Swans would like him atm :D)

According to the Swan's board the only reason Buddy didn't kick a bag was due to the adverse weather conditions making it impossible for tall forwards.

I guess Cameron and Patton missed the forecast...

Actually, when I heard about the delay to the start of the 2nd quarter I thought that would help GWS as the extra break would help their kids run out the game better. Lo and behold... :D

He didn't cost us the flag!

Buddy was playing on a bloke in the 2012 Grand Final who was on one leg & could hardly walk unassisted prior to a pre-game jab....The effects of which had well & truly worn off after half time.

Subsequently, He was the main channel thru which all our attacks were focused....His butchering of the ball & all the hard work that went into getting the pill to him in the first place was deflating to the entire team, to say the least!....If you cannot see this point, then I'm afraid that we will just have to agree to disagree.

Cyril was injured via a nasty & intentional corky from Doughty in the Preliminary final; In the process of winning us that game to get us to the Grand Final in the first place.
Hodge shouldn't have even played & Burgoyne was tired & no where near fully fit....Excuses for which Franklin had none!

And Yes, as incredulous as it may seem to you....I still blame him for our 2012 Grand Final loss for his inability to hit the side of a barn or kick a football even remotely within the range of the goal-sticks!....All his & our chickens came home to roost in THAT Grand Final....Make no mistake about it.....Perhaps a clue as to why he then snuck off to the Swans hierarchy under the cover of darkness. I'm quite content to see the back of him!

I respect that he was your favourite player but he now plays for the Swans Mr Steven Tyler!....He sold us down the river & is, in my eyes, a dirt-bag because of it.

If they want to blow $10 Mill & their salary cap for the next 9 years on a playboy has-been, then good luck to em, they'll need it.

Yeah, many players played shit that day, and we still came within 10 points!

Buddy played awesome that day...unfortunately had his typical shankiness. Anyone who thinks he deliberately allowed Sydney to win needs to get their head checked...

Perhaps we were looking for the kind of performance buddy imagines he puts in when he names his price.

Lrt was very shaky that day and many many other forwards could have exploited that mind you other swans players could have been exploited too, so as you say buddys not on his own

Buddy was playing on a bloke in the 2012 Grand Final who was on one leg & could hardly walk unassisted prior to a pre-game jab....The effects of which had well & truly worn off after half time.

Subsequently, He was the main channel thru which all our attacks were focused....His butchering of the ball & all the hard work that went into getting the pill to him in the first place was deflating to the entire team, to say the least!....If you cannot see this point, then I'm afraid that we will just have to agree to disagree.

Cyril was injured via a nasty & intentional corky from Doughty in the Preliminary final; In the process of winning us that game to get us to the Grand Final in the first place.
Hodge shouldn't have even played & Burgoyne was tired & no where near fully fit....Excuses for which Franklin had none!

And Yes, as incredulous as it may seem to you....I still blame him for our 2012 Grand Final loss for his inability to hit the side of a barn or kick a football even remotely within the range of the goal-sticks!....All his & our chickens came home to roost in THAT Grand Final....Make no mistake about it.....Perhaps a clue as to why he then snuck off to the Swans hierarchy under the cover of darkness. I'm quite content to see the back of him!

I respect that he was your favourite player but he now plays for the Swans Mr Steven Tyler!....He sold us down the river & is, in my eyes, a dirt-bag because of it.

If they want to blow $10 Mill & their salary cap for the next 9 years on a playboy has-been, then good luck to em, they'll need it.

If you can't see the point that if he hadn't been out there we would've lost by 6 goals + in 2012 you're kidding yourself.

I had forgotten about that dirty hit by Doughty.

Fittingly it was his last game in an entirely undistinguished career, but he wrecked Cyril for the Grand Final.
Doughty was also the guy who had Buddy suspended when he went down holding his head after being bumped in the shoulder.

Good riddance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wanna make a $600 bet it will?

Good accounting. Make a $600 bet it will sell and then buy it for $525. ;)I don't watch sporting memorabilia much but usually the 'buy it now' items are way over priced. If it was listed as an Auction with a starting bid at say $300 there is a much better chance of sale. Also it appears as if this item has been doing the rounds since 2012.

Ebay basics. Buy it now are mostly ignored unless some one is desperate for the item. Have the patience and wait to see if it goes to auction.

Last edited:
Good accounting. Make a $600 bet it will sell and then buy it for $525. ;)I don't watch sporting memorabilia much but usually the 'buy it now' items are way over priced. If it was listed as an Auction with a starting bid at say $300 there is a much better chance of sale. Also it appears as if this item has been doing the rounds since 2012.

Ebay basics. Buy it now are mostly ignored unless some one is desperate for the item. Have the patience and wait to see if it goes to auction.

Meanwhile, the hopeful seller is stoked that we're all looking at it. Got a half dozen watchers, and high viewings. Hope he isn't counting his chickens before they hatch.:p

That was a pretty popular pic in its day. (Was the pic on the membership ticket one year?), have seen it recently still hanging on a wall, received as a birthday card, and dare I say it, I still have the cling wrapped jigsaw puzzle tucked away somewhere.

Have never thought as any of this stuff as having a price.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... buddy missed the first sitter in the 2012 gf...went downhill fro there. damn it was a long flight home to Sydney

Finally Matthew "Sniper" Lloyd says something I can agree with. Admittedly he's only stating the obvious, but he thinks Buddy's best years are behind him:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/buddys-best-years-behind-him-says-matthew-lloyd-20140316-hvjdq.html

Hard not to notice the big ol' strap on Buddy's knee in that recovery session image. Hardly the kind of 'asset' I would've wanted my club forking over $10 million for, but as I've remarked previously they seem to have far lower standards at the $wans. :D

Oh, and incidentally guys the big rumor doing the rounds on the $hitney board seems to be that deep divisions have emerged among the playing group as a result of the franchise's highly questionable decision to throw 20% of its salary cap at two of the game's biggest mercenary scumbags. Seems many folks over there are wondering if that would explain why half of their team looked like they didn't give a shit against GWS (co-captain McVeigh singled out as an example) and why O'Keefe wasn't listed in the 22 before the game.

Could end up being nothing of course, but at the very least I think we can safely proclaim the death of the "no dickheads" & "bloods" culture. :)

I don't think it was a rumour, look at their body language at Sydney! There is no doubt in my mind there is definitely animosity among the group. McVeigh was the one that knew early last year he was going to the Swans. He raves on about how happy they were he was going there, but underneath that facade he is either jealous, or totally p..d off he is there. Of course nobody will admit they are p..d off over his huge $$$$ compared to what others earn. Buddy will never have the friendships there that he had at our club. What a nark Buddy was in 2012, obviously this stuff you can pile away in a safe somewhere:p meant a heap to Buddy,along with his female relationships in Sydney. The best thing that Clarko ever did, was to put Buddy on the wing, and leave him out of the forward area. I am sure Clarko knew he would go, like I did,it's called a gut feeling.I am very pleased he changed his position,and gave others a chance to fill his big ruddy boots. Good Luck Buddy,I wish you no ill, but I sure as hell wish Sydney nothing but misery this year,and years to come.:thumbsdown:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread The Franklin Mint - All Buddy angst, rants, etc to go in here AND NOWHERE ELSE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back