Mega Thread The Franklin Mint - All Buddy angst, rants, etc to go in here AND NOWHERE ELSE

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know what the Lions song words are, but I know we have those words in our song; our lyrics,

We're a happy team at Hawthorn
We're the Mighty Fighting Hawks.
We love our Club, and we play to win,
Riding the bumps with a grin (at Hawthorn)
Come what may, you'll find us striving
Team work is the thing that talks,
One for all and all for one
Is the way we play at Hawthorn.
We are the Mighty Fighting Hawks!

Did the lions take our words?:p

I don't know what the Lions song words are, but I know we have those words in our song; our lyrics,

We're a happy team at Hawthorn
We're the Mighty Fighting Hawks.
We love our Club, and we play to win,
Riding the bumps with a grin (at Hawthorn)
Come what may, you'll find us striving
Team work is the thing that talks,
One for all and all for one
Is the way we play at Hawthorn.
We are the Mighty Fighting Hawks!

Did the lions take our words?:p

The Lions have it in their song as well but the other way around:

All for one, and one for all
We will answer to the call

So technically the article is correct referring to the lions when they put it in that order ;)

On another note, can anyone explain to me what Sydney have actually done to deserve this reputation that they embody the virtues of teamwork etc. so much more than any other club? It feels like the Shinboners MK 2!

Well if hannebury borrowed his car and wrote it off that puts paid to the rumours about Bud not finding friends.

Not sure how Hannebury has escaped the sort of scrutiny other players get when they drive badly

Have to cut him some slack - driving lessons cost 9.8% more in Sydney than they do anywhere else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He would have only had his license for a couple of months after losing it for 6 months in July last year. Perhaps that's why 'someone else' was driving his car :rolleyes:

Ha ha, you've hit the nail on the head!
I'm sure the cops never heard that excuse before.

"But, officer, I wasn't the driver, my blonde friend here was driving. He just happened to be sitting on my knee."

Im not sure of details but does a victorian driving ban carry into NSW ?

No, Pess, it doesn't. I have a friend who lost her licence for drink driving in Victoria. She was living in Sydney at that time, and from what I recall, all it meant was that she couldn't drive in Victoria for however long the ban was. Certainly didn't have any impact on her driving around Sydney.

I love how:

1) The headlines suggest Buddy is being a hooligan.
2) You read the article and it is revealed that Buddy's car was loaned to a "friend," and that it was this "friend" that was in the accident, not Buddy.
3) The "friend" is not named.
4) You have to go elsewhere to find that it was in fact Hannebury who wrecked Buddy's car. So Buddy was in fact doing a good deed and sneakily gets blamed for it.

Bloods culture, indeed.

I want to throttle the people behind the article.

No, Pess, it doesn't. I have a friend who lost her licence for drink driving in Victoria. She was living in Sydney at that time, and from what I recall, all it meant was that she couldn't drive in Victoria for however long the ban was. Certainly didn't have any impact on her driving around Sydney.

You can only keep driving if you also have a NSW Licence.
If you only have a Victorian licence, once you lose it, you cannot drive in any other state.

These records are accessible all around Australia, and the NSW cops will know if your licence is cancelled.

Ha ha, you've hit the nail on the head!
I'm sure the cops never heard that excuse before.

"But, officer, I wasn't the driver, my blonde friend here was driving. He just happened to be sitting on my knee."

I distinctly remember Buddy driving to Swans headquarters to sign up...

All you need to beat Franklin is a bit of heart. It doesn't matter if other parts of the body are injured. Just put your gutsiest player on Franklin, and he's mince meat. Andrew Ireland would be a very worried man at this stage, his decision to move heaven and earth to get Franklin is beginning look very risky indeed, and one which will severely hamper Sydney's recruitment for the next few seasons.
I distinctly remember Buddy driving to Swans headquarters to sign up...
He lost his license in 2012 so would have it back now. I also read that he wasn't even in the car at the time, so it just seems like a cheap headline.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread The Franklin Mint - All Buddy angst, rants, etc to go in here AND NOWHERE ELSE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back