The Fraser Dilemma

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be dropping Dawes if Fraser has a blinder. I really am struggling to see how Dawes has become an automatic inclsuion. If Fraser steps up to the plate I'd seriously be considering this. Having said that I'd be extremely surprised if Fraser dominated today. I can't remember the last time he has played an absolute blinder

I'd be dropping Dawes if Fraser has a blinder. I really am struggling to see how Dawes has become an automatic inclsuion. If Fraser steps up to the plate I'd seriously be considering this. Having said that I'd be extremely surprised if Fraser dominated today. I can't remember the last time he has played an absolute blinder

Agree on all counts

Agree on all counts

+2
For me its a simple question - Is JOSH's best good enough? And I think the answer is a resounding YES.

He needs to show URGENCY (which playing for so long in the 2's should fix), and no more brain fades as he did against JAMAR, and he will be a valuable and EXPERIENCED contributor in the finals.
DAWES is the future, but maybe getting jaded ,so if JOSH performs well upfront today then it could be a straight swap next week.

Sealed his fate at Collingwood by his game today.
No good, not worth anything at the trade table and can't even get up when needed which is something that he has done all througout his career.

As a nuetral, he was abysmal. But offer him to the Gold Coast, they will need one experienced ruckman net season, and they have a zillion first round picks, try and get a low-mid teen pick for him.

Totally Agree ! Get what we can and be grateful. All players whether good or bad have a use by date ! Sorry Josh. Thanks for giving your all to the Pies. All the best.

didn't see the game, stats suggest he spent most of his time rucking?

had 28 hitouts?

I thought he was ok. He did nothing around the ground which was surprising because it is usually one of his strengths but his ruckwork was real good and he allowed Jolly to spend more time up forward where he was dangerous.
Leigh Brown should come back in for Fraser but he certainly wasn't disgraced today. A serviceable game and did his role for the team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BS. Did nothing wrong other than drop a mark while looking into the sun with a Hawk running at him front on. Anyone could duff that situation. It wasn't a blinder but he's been in the Magoos for ten weeks. What were you expecting?

Until we get a decent young ruckman we should hang on to Josh as a backup.

Even though his career stats are marginally better than Roger, Roger has the edge in terms of efficacy and hurting opposition. Sometimes stats lie. We still need a 2nd versatile ruck who knows the caper and Josh is that man.

Par for the situation I reckon.

just watched it on the IQ.

He was ok without being great, I think people are overreacting a bit.

He didn't play the Leigh Brown role at all, he played virtually as the #1 ruck to give Jolly a bit of a rest and rucked surprisingly well. Had a few good touches, couple of mistakes were the dropped chest mark into the sun and taking the contested mark in the last quarter then handballing to Pendles under pressure.

Will go out, but wasn't terrible at all and was actually quite competent in the ruck.

just watched it on the IQ.

He was ok without being great, I think people are overreacting a bit.

He didn't play the Leigh Brown role at all, he played virtually as the #1 ruck to give Jolly a bit of a rest and rucked surprisingly well. Had a few good touches, couple of mistakes were the dropped chest mark into the sun and taking the contested mark in the last quarter then handballing to Pendles under pressure.

Will go out, but wasn't terrible at all and was actually quite competent in the ruck.

This.

Had some great HO to advantage.

Josh is in a weird spot where unless he dominates he is viewed as being rubbish.

If your back-up ruck plays like that every week your going ok.

You'd expect the essendon idiot to sledge him. I cant find an excuse for the rest of you who sank the boot in.

At least, we can bury the anti fraser threads until trade time.

Josh probably showed tonight that unless Jolly gets hurt in the finals, we probably wont see him again this year. Leigh Brown offers a lot more flexibility and Josh just doesn't bring enough to the table as a second ruckman..

If he wants to stay we'll keep him, but he'll be well aware that he will only play when Jolly is injured.

If he wants to play regular AFL footy, then he will seeks a trade.

I believe the decisions is likely to be his.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Fraser Dilemma

Remove this Banner Ad

Back