FTA-TV The Front Bar

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's just say I've grown very tired of his brand of "humour".

Ah yes, his standard three lines that he seemingly still thinks are funny (hint: they aren't). Thank God he doesn't follow my team.

Tonight's show confirmed that it's just as good without him. As long as Sam gets gags and Andy is the straight man. The middle person just has to not get in the way.

Good to see Richard Osborne too.

Fitzy isn't a bad fill in but the show is better when Mick is there, the original line up with Andy, Mick and Sam is still the best.

Richard Osborne was a good guest and he still looks in great nick for a guy that is 58, he could easily pass for a guy that is about 20 years younger.

Ah yes, his standard three lines that he seemingly still thinks are funny (hint: they aren't). Thank God he doesn't follow my team.

Tonight's show confirmed that it's just as good without him. As long as Sam gets gags and Andy is the straight man. The middle person just has to not get in the way.

Good to see Richard Osborne too.
He was a fantastic player in his day. Also he's almost 60 and looks 40.

Hate to appear bland but it's just a bloody good show. I dare say that I am their target demographic but I enjoy the ad hoc nature and how it's evolved.

Scott Thompson was good last night (as was Sam's disbelief that he had been AA) . Fitzy us a fine fill in.

Next week from Adelaide should be good.

He was a fantastic player in his day. Also he's almost 60 and looks 40.
He was a very enjoyable player to watch as a neutral. 574 career goals as a mid-sized forward, kicked over 50 in a season six times. I had forgotten that he finished his career at Collingwood.

He very likely was close to BOG in the nightclub post-match too!

Basically any appearance of his fat, smug, unfunny face does the same.

It's kind of ironic that the "straight guy" journalist in Andy Maher can actually be more natural and funny trying to not to be that Molloy ever is.
Pang sends things up as well, that's comedy, but with Molloy at times there appears to be a genuine bitterness in some of his "jokes". I've been watching him for years since The Late Show and I guess I've just grown tired of it. To each their own,

Pang sends things up as well, that's comedy, but with Molloy at times there appears to be a genuine bitterness in some of his "jokes". I've been watching him for years since The Late Show and I guess I've just grown tired of it. To each their own,

I think like an awful lot of Australian "comedians", they just don't get what's funny to 20 smashed guys at a pub (i.e. anything), isn't actually that funny at all to a sober TV audience. Probably why most comedies in this country absolutely suck. Pang at least has a sharp wit, but he knows when to not say anything as well. But Molloy is just terrible now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV The Front Bar

Remove this Banner Ad

Back