The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

It won’t. Winning will do that.
I agree with that.
The last home game was testament to that, it was a different crowd at that game and you can see that they were all fully invested in that game of football.
Start winning and they will come.

So following the recent discussion with Lions_Insider about the parent facilities, I decided to contact Stadiums Queensland and see what they could say. I also asked about the quality of food. I received a response earlier this morning:

Hi Back2Back2Back,

Apologies for the delayed response. Thanks for contacting Stadiums Queensland in relation to food and beverage options and parents facilities at The Gabba.

O’Brien Group Australia have been appointed as the official caterer of the venue and work closely with the Brisbane Lions and Stadiums Queensland to determine the best mix of food options available for Brisbane Lions supporters.

In recent years the venue has introduced a range of healthier options as a result of patron feedback which includes Garden Salads (available at cafes—204, 403, 423 & 431), Greek Salads (available at cafes—204, 403, 423 & 431), Fruit Salads (available at cafes—204, 403, 423 & 431) as well as a selection of fresh sandwiches sold throughout the venue and a boost juice outlet near section 31 on level 2.

In addition, patrons are permitted to bring in their own food from home (non-commercial) such as sandwiches, fresh fruit and other snacks.

We will however forward your feedback on to O’Brien Group Australia to ensure patron views continue to form the basis for improvements to food and beverage services at The Gabba.

Whilst regular cleaning takes place at The Gabba we have made our cleaning team aware of your comments in relation to the cleanliness of the parent’s rooms on Level 4 (section 69). This will be closely monitored during the next event.

All parents’ rooms on Level 4 are a dual use with a Disabled toilet and have the pull down change table mounted to the wall, however The Gabba does have larger parent’s rooms around the ground with private rooms, couches and change tables.

The closest parent’s room with these additional facilities to section 69 is located near Gate 2 on the ground level. If you require assistance, our staff are always more than happy to help you get to and from this facility. We have also requested our maintenance team begin installing hooks in the parents rooms.

We sincerely appreciate your comments and continued support of the venue, and will endeavour to improve the service offered to young families such as yours during future events.

Stadiums Queensland.

I was not aware of the larger parents room. That sounds far more ideal than the disabled toilets that get quite feral at some games.

So following the recent discussion with Lions_Insider about the parent facilities, I decided to contact Stadiums Queensland and see what they could say. I also asked about the quality of food. I received a response earlier this morning:

I was not aware of the larger parents room. That sounds far more ideal than the disabled toilets that get quite feral at some games.

Yes there are one or two all on the lower level. Its a bit frustrating that you have to walk the best part of half a stadium to get to them if you're on the top level of the gabba, which I find curious given that is where the premium tickets are as well as the majority of members. There isn't a single parents room on the whole top level, and that disabled toilet in section 69 is the only one on that whole half of the gabba given the one they did have in section 76 got knocked down and not replaced when they put in the new screens.

This is the footy not a trendy bar in West end. We are worse off for not having cheer squads back there IMO

Are people exaggerating how far the cheer squad has been pushed across? Looks to me like it starts about half a metre past the middle of the goals... it's not like they're on the 50 Screen Shot 2018-04-01 at 3.52.17 PM.png

Are people exaggerating how far the cheer squad has been pushed across? Looks to me like it starts about half a metre past the middle of the goals... it's not like they're on the 50View attachment 484416

I notice a second issue - that chunk of the crowd appears to be supporting Melbourne. :mad:

Are people exaggerating how far the cheer squad has been pushed across? Looks to me like it starts about half a metre past the middle of the goals... it's not like they're on the 50View attachment 484416
From my vantage point in Section 18 it looks behind the goals enough. In fact as they are now slightly closer they are easier to hurl insults at.

Have no issues with the Verandah existing but with that section of the top tier that is currently closed, that should be opened up for extra general admission seating.

Last year before the Dons game I had mates that were going to come but then baulked at having to pay $61 at the gate, the way we are going atm the more that come the merrier

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder what will happen when one of the "gentry" sitting at the tables gets hit in the face/body with a ball.....and they have a drink in their hand or on the table. Bang. Splatter!!:D

Happened to my father up at the Gabba years ago....we sat right behind the goals, about 5-6 rows back. Dad copped a ball right in the chest......3wks after he'd had major surgery to his still very tender stomach area. He was ok, just a bit sorer..

...so it does happen.

Wonder what will happen when one of the "gentry" sitting at the tables gets hit in the face/body with a ball.....and they have a drink in their hand or on the table. Bang. Splatter!!:D

Happened to my father up at the Gabba years ago....we sat right behind the goals, about 5-6 rows back. Dad copped a ball right in the chest......3wks after he'd had major surgery to his still very tender stomach area. He was ok, just a bit sorer..

...so it does happen.

That's what he gets for checking his Snapchat account during games.

Have no issues with the Verandah existing but with that section of the top tier that is currently closed, that should be opened up for extra general admission seating.

Last year before the Dons game I had mates that were going to come but then baulked at having to pay $61 at the gate, the way we are going atm the more that come the merrier
I get why they close it off though. Less ground staff needed, less operational costs for ground catering, less cleaners required, and because of the Gabba Members section you can't walk around to the other side of the ground from that area anyway.

At least they haven't brought the tarps out.

I get why they close it off though. Less ground staff needed, less operational costs for ground catering, less cleaners required, and because of the Gabba Members section you can't walk around to the other side of the ground from that area anyway.

At least they haven't brought the tarps out.
I get that too, but part of the top tier should be open to GA seating if they are going to do this verandah thing. Tickets are way too pricey once GA sells out considering how we have been going this decade

Recently came back from a holiday to the USA and the experience at Fenway Park spoiled me a bit, just so far superior to what we have to offer. Really good, premium food available inside, probably 25 beer options. All of the streets around the ground are closed off before the game and it's a really great atmosphere. Probably not fair to compare Brisbane Lions to Boston Red Sox though and Lions have made a good effort considering, with the food trucks outside, and a few premium food/beer stalls around the ground.

With the Gabba missing out on the first cricket test, the Lions may see an improved relationship with the cricket ground staff. And we move our training to Springfield they are in for a significant drop in income - hoping Stadiums Queensland all the best. Karma is a b***h

Good news!

Following lots of feedback, the Gabba have spoked to their PA contractors and they have confirmed that the PA volume will be reduced for this Sunday’s game :grinning:
Mr Ripper will be stoked!

The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Back