The Game with the Loudest Crowd you went to.

Remove this Banner Ad

I know its not footy but Peter donegan said tge loudest he has heard the G is at the 2006 Commonwealth games when the late Kerryn McCann and the Kenyan runner ran into the stadium in the women's marathon.

Either the 2008 GF, 2013 Prelim, 2022 QF. They all stand out in my mind for being louder than usual due to the drama of particular moments.

I think it was '94 and we were trying to make the finals by winning one of our last two games, unfortunately they were against Carlton and Geelong, if my memory serves me correctly both were at Princess Park, anyway it was very loud at that Carlton game for awhile, then it went quiet because it was obvious we were getting flogged pretty early, but it was very loud for awhile, great atmosphere.

I'm telling ya, there was something special about a packed out Princess Park. Colonial stadium has to close a roof to create that atmosphere.

2022 EF vs the Bulldogs was definitely the loudest game I have been to (after about halfway through the 2nd qtr), crowd was absolutely raucous.

Have been to two 70000ish crowd games at the G that were quite loud but not as much as this
I couldn't hear the siren at the end of the game. Not sure if it's because it was the loudest game, because the people around me were specifically going nuts or because I'm getting older and losing my hearing.

I couldn't hear the siren at the end of the game. Not sure if it's because it was the loudest game, because the people around me were specifically going nuts or because I'm getting older and losing my hearing.

From where I was, we all kind of knew there was only a small amount of time left (under 30 seconds) and that the dogs were no chance of coming back, so we had already begun celebrating.

Definitely didn't hear the siren. Went off the player's reactions on the field more than anything

The 5 goal streak in the third quarter of the 2008 GF was a continuous crescendo of noise.

The last minute of the 2013 Hawthorn vs. Geelong PF was a wall of noise - not even the players heard the siren; and the 2011 PF final quarter between Hawthorn and Collingwood was crazy.

The original ANZAC Day clash between Collingwood and Essendon in 1995 was great.

Also the Micky McGuane goal against Carlton when he had 7 bounces before kicking a goal had everyone leap out of their seat when he slotted truly.

2002 PF after Rocca kicked a 65m bomb in the third and the 91k that were there were starting to sense that we were on our way to the GF. The noise was just electric.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right after Jim Cairns Vietnam Moratorium speech in 1970 the crowd got quite boisterous.

Can confirm the 2013 Prelim.

It's the only occassion I can recall where the siren worked correctly and basically no players even heard it (Cyril was well within scoring distance and played on well after the siren - Buddy received the ball and kept playing too). No one in my area had any idea the game had even finished - but it was deliriously loud regardless.

The remarkable thing is it wasn't the reaction to a goal, the siren or any particular moment it was just a crescendo of constant noise for several minutes.

It took me several hours to regain any sense of hearing and over 24 hours for the ringing in my ears to stop. Was intense.

2011 Prelim final between Collingwood & Hawthorn when Buddy kicked that goal and then followed by the Ball goal then finished off by the Dale Thomas run down tackle on Cyril was the loudest 5 minutes I’ve witnessed at the MCG since I’ve been going (late 80’s)

To encourage fans to get to the footy they should have a supporter noise off prior to the first bounce. Loudest team gets a goal on the board to start off the match.

To encourage fans to get to the footy they should have a supporter noise off prior to the first bounce. Loudest team gets a goal on the board to start off the match.
First goal from the goal square and a free kick from the centre to restart.

What an amazing idea, by the sounds of it, Richmond would score the first goal every time, even in games they're not involved in. Amazing really!

Remove this Banner Ad

The Game with the Loudest Crowd you went to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back