AFL Grand Final The Grand Final awaits!

Remove this Banner Ad

Early forecast for Saturday:

1632126798658.png

Would have preferred it a bit wetter and maybe a bit cooler but they'll be playing in the early evening so I hope it will have come off the day's top temperature by then.

Great conditions for a GF really.

I’m not concerned about the lack of dogs media but I am very surprised by the lack of respect being shown when a lot of these commentators do speak about the team. On the Couch are especially bad. No respect for what the Dogs did to Port, apparently Port just didn’t show up and let them do what they liked.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m not concerned about the lack of dogs media but I am very surprised by the lack of respect being shown when a lot of these commentators do speak about the team. On the Couch are especially bad. No respect for what the Dogs did to Port, apparently Port just didn’t show up and let them do what they liked.

The Dogs haven't played a single good game since...I don't even know when. The rain saved us against the Bombers. The umps saved us against Brisbane. Port Adelaide didn't show up to our game so we got a free pass into the GF. Luckiest team in history. Hopefully we still have a bit of that lucky spice left.

AFL 360 had Clarko and Dimma on, both chose Melbourne, and then spent the rest of the time talking about how you stop Libba, you can’t make this stuff up.

Has anyone tipped us apart from kiss of death?

The Dogs haven't played a single good game since...I don't even know when. The rain saved us against the Bombers. The umps saved us against Brisbane. Port Adelaide didn't show up to our game so we got a free pass into the GF. Luckiest team in history. Hopefully we still have a bit of that lucky spice left.

It would appear that way Scrag. How they can say in one breath that the two best teams are in the GF and then almost declare the need for a miracle to change the result is baffling. I shouldn’t be surprised though. Dimma’s contribution was to say that the dogs will learn from the loss to the Demons and try and use it to our advantage this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would appear that way Scrag. How they can say in one breath that the two best teams are in the GF and then almost declare the need for a miracle to change the result is baffling. I shouldn’t be surprised though. Dimma’s contribution was to say that the dogs will learn from the loss to the Demons and try and use it to our advantage this week.

I genuinely don’t think he knew there had been two games. Clarko was all over it.

I get that Melbourne are favourites but seriously it’s been a clean sweep for them in tips on the AFL website’s program, 360 and On the Couch. This isn’t Port v Geelong in 2007.

I genuinely don’t think he knew there had been two games. Clarko was all over it.

I get that Melbourne are favourites but seriously it’s been a clean sweep for them in tips on the AFL website’s program, 360 and On the Couch. This isn’t Port v Geelong in 2007.

That’s why I honestly think people are assessing Melbourne’s entire season and building their reputation based on their two finals matches. They lost to Collingwood and GWS, plus they had to work hard to shake off north. Now we’re being told their defence is the best we’ve ever seen.

That’s why I honestly think people are assessing Melbourne’s entire season and building their reputation based on their two finals matches. They lost to Collingwood and GWS, plus they had to work hard to shake off north. Now we’re being told their defence is the best we’ve ever seen.

Way too much emphasis on Gawn’s belter against Geelong. He’s a great player but they are not playing witches hats.

Seems to me like people are defining Melbourne’s whole season by their two finals games. I’m not sure they were as dominant as the ladder would suggest.

They had some losses to pretty ordinary teams, they are far from invincible. Hopefully they have been drinking the koolaid and we smash them!

Great to see Crossy and his son Tyler in that. After Tyler was born, I set him some Chicago Cubs baby stuff and received a lovely thank you letter from Mrs Crossy. Last talked to Crossy when I visited Melbourne in Feb. 2014. He's all class.

Great to see Crossy and his son Tyler in that. After Tyler was born, I set him some Chicago Cubs baby stuff and received a lovely thank you letter from Mrs Crossy. Last talked to Crossy when I visited Melbourne in Feb. 2014. He's all class.
Glad he’s supporting us. I know his stint at Melbourne was brief but he was apparently not thrilled with how his time with us ended.

I am just stunned 😳

We are talking about a Bevo coached team, 9 premiership players against zilch at Melbourne.

A team that has already played in three finals, one of them a tough hard game. Two we have belted.

Melbourne played Brisbane, a good win, but they are a much better side playing at home, where we played them, especially a last ditch effort, whereas you have another game up your sleeve against the Dees.

We have the best player in the game as voted by the players in Bont, have beaten the Dees once already.

Everything is based on their game against an ageing tired Geelong.

Is there something I am missing? I am not saying we are a guaranteed win, but I am saying we have a chance and a good one at that.

Glad he’s supporting us. I know his stint at Melbourne was brief but he was apparently not thrilled with how his time with us ended.
When I talked to him at Melbourne training on my trip in 2014 and told him that I was buying a Melbourne membership in his honour he was chuffed. I hadn't seen him in three years yet he remembered my name right off. Glad to see Tyler wearing the Bulldogs jumper in that clip.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final The Grand Final awaits!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back