The Great Beat-Up: The Drug Problem at West Coast *MB thread*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Great Beat-Up: The Drug Problem at West Coast

Sorry, didn't realise Embley just got in a punchup with Chick over Cousins.He's back to controversial..Bring on Rowan Jones.

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200703/s1877189.htm

Notice how all the Eagles people that were here before talking it up have all dissapeared.

Full credit to Kaitsey for saying it how it is.

Didnt you know the quiet ones are always the dealers? ;)

In my mind WCE facked up badly for years time to fix it and move forward.

(Can we fast forward anyone? :eek: )

Didnt you know the quiet ones are always the dealers? ;)
You seem pretty quiet to me Big Man. Is there something you're trying to sell... I mean, tell us?

In my mind WCE facked up badly for years time to fix it and move forward.

(Can we fast forward anyone? :eek: )
No. You can suffer through the bad times like this poor Hawks supporter has had to do in the last five years.

Great article that isn't trying to avoid anything.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21418130-2722,00.html

I'm enjoying this more and more now.

From the CW article
Significantly, AFL boss Andrew Demetriou, a close friend and former business associate of Mr Gooding's, yesterday referred to West Coast's "cultural problem" — the closest the AFL has come to discussing drug use and abuse among the team which has included the highly addictive amphetamine known as 'ice'.

Everyone is getting a bit overexcited aren't they? Cousins will be back ripping games apart by the middle of the year. He has always bouced back, he has had a drug problem and courted controversy for a long time and has never affected his performance. He will go to rehab, Eagles will forgive him, he will cry at a press conference and probably get 40 touches and kick 3 goals the week he returns and everyone will say what an amazing story it is. Bit of hyperbole for mine.

Bit of hyperbole for mine.
Yeah, come to think of it, it was only last Thursday when we last saw a club suspend one of their favourite sons for suspected drug use. The AFL is littered with 5 time All Australians and 4 time Best and Fairests who've had brushes with the law, been stripped of the captaincy, won a Brownlow Medal, then been indefinitely suspended by their own club. Storm in a tea-cup. Nothing to see here, people. Move along.

Everyone is getting a bit overexcited
Allegations of cocaine use get people more excited than actual cocaine use.

the club is at fault as my removed posts have stated, this isn't a sudden development
Ben has certainly got a lot of issues ahead of him," he said. "He is an outstanding young man and we have a lot of confidence that with appropriate help and counselling, hopefully he can come back and play football for this great football club. Without doubt, Ben is apologetic about where he is at and where the club is at with Ben. He has certainly expressed those sentiments to John Worsfold."
Club insiders expressed relief that the Cousins suspension and related differences between teammates had happened now, rather than in the middle of the season — it was noted that the Eagles had overcome Cousins' indiscretion before the 2006 season when he was stripped of the captaincy.
It is believed the Cousins family's disappointment stems not from West Coast's decision to suspend the former captain, but the club's apparent reluctance to deal with his problems when it was alerted to them years ago. Former coach Ken Judge raised with club hierarchy more than five years ago the issue of Cousins' and Michael Gardiner's underworld links.

five years kiddies

BREAKING NEWS!!!!
The real identity of Gunnar Longshanks is revealed

The one and only Sgt Hans Schultz from Hogan's Heroes

"I SEE NOTHING , I KNOW NOTHING"

:)

And we could hear Gunnar all the way over in the eastern states saying "DOH"

This has got to be the funniest thing to happen on BigFooty

Drug Problem??? What Drug Problem?????

LOL

What does the list stand at now?

Kerr and Cousins have a fight at Club Bayview
Andrew Embley smashes some dudes eye socket in Claremont
Daniel Kerr forges a Valium prescription
Quentin Lynch runs from the cops
Add in Jacko beating up his family
Gardiner and Cousins refuse to give a statement regarding a serious nightclub shooting, despite requests of there club
Gardiner crashes car
Cousins runs from booze bus
Cousins unconcious pissed in Melbourne
Cousins suspended
Chick and Embley have a fight

Gardiner and Cousins refuse to give a statement regarding a serious nightclub shooting, despite requests of there club
Gardiner crashes car
Cousins suspended

Don't forget that poor goldfish .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't Sampi have some priors with domestic violence, or am I just confused with his eating disorder?

If this Gunnar plonker has any semblance of shame he'll reinvent himself or better still swear off internet forums.

Ah yes, Gunnar LongShanks. I remember him well. Didn't he once work as an upaid spin doctor for a footy club? Bit of a fall from grace really. I've heard he was once an esteemed journalist. For a journalist to be reduced to being a PR operative is always sad. Whatever happened to him?

You don't say? He was found lying on the floor of a motel room in an unconscious state, after ingesting a mixture of his own hubris, arrogance and bombast? Very sad indeed. We may never see his like again.

Edit: I've checked, and it would appear that the last sign of a pulse from Gunnar was around 10 P.M. on Monday. If we can isolate something which happened around this time which may have caused his disappearance, we may be on the right trail. Hmm, can't think of anything offhand. The thot plickens.

Gardiner crashes car
Cousins suspended

Sorry, had to run and catch my bus to work. Here now. :)

SO add on Sampi with the knife
Oh and then the assault charge for Kerr and his Dad.
They drafted a guy called Spangher...that's pretty criminal...

What else

Sorry, had to run and catch my bus to work. Here now. :)

SO add on Sampi with the knife
Oh and then the assault charge for Kerr and his Dad.
They drafted a guy called Spangher...that's pretty criminal...

What else

Hoogs!!!!!:eek:

The Kerr trampoling on the taxi at the hospital!!
The best of the lot:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back