'The' GWS.......knock it off

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know where this "Greater Western Sydney" actually is

Have so many people really never heard of "Greater" being used in a geography sense?...

Its not as though anyone in Canberra regards themselves as being in western Sydney, Greater or not. That seems to be a ploy thought up in Melbourne with no regard for reality.
If anything, I would have thought "Greater" might include the south-west rather than just the Parramatta-Penrith corridor. But its still rubbish.

Thank you. You're on the money.

It takes almost as long to get from Canberra to the Victorian border as it does to get to get to Western Sydney. I don't think Albury would appreciate being called Greater Southern Canberra.

I can see them dropping the "Greater" once enough time has passed. It's an unnecessary complication.

Anyone who says 'the GWS' needs to be slapped.

You do realise it's not a sponsorship? The club doesn't fund the lower level teams that carry the name Giants.
If they did Collingwood would have to "sponsor" 200 + clubs in the country with that same moniker.
Because your nickname is the same as an AFL club, it doesn't mean the AFL club pays them cash to do so.
I know the Manly club well enough to know this much.

They don't give up 40+ years of success using the Wolves name and their maroon and white colours for nothing.

GWS is a stupid name full stop. Should ditch the 'Greater' altogether.

They should ditch "Giants" also. (Besides, what if other teams have taller players or if on a particular era, they have nothing but short players?)
They should also get rid of charcoal black in their colour scheme ans re-design their shit guernsey.

Can't say I've heard anyone refer to the club as THE GWS
I have.

The OP is correct. It's GWS. Or The Giants. Or The GWS Giants.

But NOT "The GWS".

They should ditch "Giants" also. (Besides, what if other teams have taller players or if on a particular era, they have nothing but short players?)
They should also get rid of charcoal black in their colour scheme ans re-design their shit guernsey.
The name and the guernsey are fine by me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know - I bet Fremantle is the laughing stock of the competition because of the lack of actual dockers in their team, without getting into the various other felines, canines and birds that aren't taking their place on the field.

I know - I bet Fremantle is the laughing stock of the competition because of the lack of actual dockers in their team, without getting into the various other felines, canines and birds that aren't taking their place on the field.
:D

I was going to post similar but resisted the temptation. :)

passing-the-project-baton.jpg

The Port Power Adelaides are happy to pass the club name controversy over to someone else...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back