Team Mgmt. The Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Injury Update

As of 13/3/2012 the clubs says:

Scott Gumbleton Back Test
Scott recently had surgery on his back after suffering reoccurring back spasms during the pre-season. He has returned to rehabilitation and has been placed on the club's long-term injury list.

Alex Browne Hamstring Test
Alex recently suffered a slight hamstring strain during training. He will be closely monitored and is currently undertaking a modified training program. He is a chance to return in the coming weeks.

Nathan Lovett-Murray Calf Test
Nathan suffered a slight strain to his calf muscle last week. He has returned to full training and is likely to be available for selection this week.

Nick O'Brien Quad 1-2 weeks
Nick suffered soreness in his quad last week and is being closely monitored by the medical staff. He should be available for selection before Round 1.

Brent Prismall Knee Test
Brent is progressing well after surgery on his ruptured anterior cruciate ligament. He has been placed on the club's long-term injury list.

Re: Injury Update - 5 injuries, incl. 2 LTI

If that is true we really have no one on the list who is injured beyond round 1. If Prismall and Gumby come back on schedule then we will have a full list, with everyone having a decentish pre-season and a few games under their belt, by around round 4.

Hope it's true, and it continues.

Won't Prismall be unavailable a bit beyond Rd 1? I would have thought so, although Gumby sounds like he might even be fit for Rd 1 without actually being technically available.

Won't Prismall be unavailable a bit beyond Rd 1? I would have thought so, although Gumby sounds like he might even be fit for Rd 1 without actually being technically available.

Pretty sure I heard something recently about him being on track to play early in the season. Can't find it now though - hope it wasn't my imagination.

Dempsey played on the 19th of Feb. He did his ACL on April 16.
Prismall did his ACL on July 31. If he follows a similar return to Dempsey he would be playing by round 10.

So maybe Prismall will take a little longer.

On the bright side, it gives us a good bit of latitude for at least one rookie to impress.

I suspect Prismall might take a little bit longer than Dempsey, so around mid-season, yeah.

On the bright side, it gives us a good bit of latitude for at least one rookie to impress.

I suspect Prismall might take a little bit longer than Dempsey, so around mid-season, yeah.

Hamilton did say back in Jan that Pris was well ahead of schedule. If he doesn't have a setback hopefully he'll be match fit before the second half of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Injury Update

both gumbleton and prismall should return to full training soon. as soon as they are ready to play they will take them off the LTI list as their 8 weeks is up after R1.

On the injury front McVeigh had an ice pack on the back of his knee after Sydney match - probably nothing but precautionary.

In the lead up to the H & A season I read a few recent articles and other websites that have information on injuries.

Here is the basic summary minus the Essendon website Injury list:

Main changes over the break

Link
Ins: Stewart Crameri (rookie elevation), Elliott Kavanagh (Western U18), Jackson Merrett (Geelong U18), Nick O’Brien (North Ballarat U18).

Outs: Darcy Daniher (retired), Josh Jenkins (Adelaide), Anthony Long (redrafted as rookie), Andrew Welsh (retired), Mark Williams (retired).

Best 2012 line-up (According to the Age):

B: Courtenay Dempsey, Cale Hooker, Dustin Fletcher
HB: Kyle Hardingham, Tayte Pears, Dyson Heppell
C: Heath Hocking, Jobe Watson, Jason Winderlich
HF: Angus Monfries, Michael Hurley, Leroy Jetta
F: Kyle Reimers, Stewart Crameri, Sam Lonergan
R: Patrick Ryder, David Zaharakis, Brent Stanton

I: Tom Bellchambers, Jake Melksham, Mark McVeigh, Ben Howlett
Link

New Depth!

Link
A few things have already changed. One is that the injury plague of 2011 appears to have been cured. Even the cursed Scott Gumbleton is not too far away and Brent Prismall is the only other player to have his pre-season badly interrupted.

Knee reconstructions kept Courtenay Dempsey and Jason Winderlich sidelined for most of last year but both are back playing. The availability of so many players creates a certain anxiety around a club, a fact acknowledged by Zaharakis.

''The last couple of years we haven't had a full-strength side any time of the year whether it's been NAB Cup or at the end of the year. It's great at the moment. We've just got those two guys [Prismall and Gumbleton] who can't play and I'm sure they'll be back quickly,'' he says
Link

Link
Gumbleton return has Dons smiling
Rohan Connolly March 8, 2012
gumbleton-200x0.jpg

ESSENDON is buoyant about the looming return of key forward Scott Gumbleton after the injury-plagued big man's recovery from back surgery. Essendon coach James Hird said yesterday that Gumbleton, who had a second major operation on his back in November, could play again within six weeks. He added that after being able to complete most of the pre-season program since the operation, Gumbleton ''looks like he's got a different body''.
Link

I'm not convinced Prismall will ever play again. I guess he signed a new contract, however - didn't he?

Not sure if he has actually signed a new contract yet but Hird mentioned it a few months ago.

Link
"We'll offer Brent a new contract," Hird said from Etihad Stadium on Friday. "Obviously we'll have to look at the terms and everything of that contract, but Brent's a required player and we're pretty sure he'll be here next year."
Full article

The only information I could find out about a possible injury for Hunter was in the tooserious email:

10/2 INTRA-CLUB

The club intraclub match, and like all things Essendon this season, the details have been pretty sketchy! That said however;

Browne, Gumbleton, Hocking, Hunter, Hurley, Steinberg & Winderlich were missing.

A few sore players from last weeks game but Crameri was mentioned on fanfooty having soreness in his right hamstring.

Link
Young key defender Jake Carlisle was wearing a moon boot at the family day after twisting his ankle against Sydney.

But a club spokesman said it was a precaution and he should be available for Saturday's pre-season game against Brisbane at Visy Park.
Link

This weeks Bombertv update- Doesn't mention Carlisle's ankle/moonboot.

[YOUTUBE]ABatDPeTHgQ[/YOUTUBE]

Carlisle named, but Hunter and Long not named for Bendigo. You have to assume they're injured?

Winderlich looks to be given a rest this weekend.

Another poor video, this one out of focus?

Who has taken over the media? They didn't use to be this bad.

List now:

Gumby
Pris
Browne
Ross

(Long?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Team Mgmt. The Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back