Team Mgmt. The Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Injury Update

soo many injuries, dam westcoast has like none. Hope watson is ok after that bump, he is one player we cant afford to have out again

One of the big injuries from the game:

Link
Stewart Crameri likely to miss clash against Port Adelaide
Mark Stevens Herald Sun August 22, 2011 12:00AM
205256-stewart-crameri.jpg

ESSENDON key forward Stewart Crameri faces a major battle to return from a shoulder injury this season.

Crameri suffered a dislocation against West Coast on Saturday and will almost certainly require surgery at the end of the season.

The best-case scenario for the Bomber is to strap up the right shoulder and play with restricted movement. But even if he manages the pain, use of the shoulder will be severely compromised.

Bombers football manager Paul Hamilton strongly denied reports Crameri's season was done and dusted.However, Hamilton said: "We can't make a call just yet. He needs further assessment.
Link
The Bombers appear certain to welcome back key players Michael Hurley and Tayte Pears next week against Port Adelaide.
Link

Hamo was just on SEN saying Crameri will have a scan today and if there is ligament damage he may miss the rest of the season.

Yeah he is out for the rest of the season

Link
Essendon forward Stewart Crameri out for season
AAP Herald Sun August 24, 2011 5:10PM
2011_round12_frem25-l.jpg

ESSENDON has suffered another blow ahead of Sunday's must-win clash against Port Adelaide, losing forward Stewart Crameri for the rest of the season.

The 23-year-old, who leads the Bombers' goalkicking with 34 goals from 20 games this year, will have surgery after dislocating his right shoulder against West Coast last Saturday. Essendon had been considering up whether Crameri could play through the pain, then have an operation at the end of the season, but decided not to risk it.

...They are hopeful captain Jobe Watson and utility Andrew Welsh will play against the Power, despite being concussed against the Eagles.

Key defenders Michael Hurley and Tayte Pears are both also likely to resume, after missing the weekend's game with soreness.
Link

Injury list for this week:

We are also missing Hocking for one week and Hibberd for the rest of the season through suspension
Link
Michael Hurley
General soreness Test
Michael was rested last week as a precautionary measure, following soreness in his foot. He will be monitored and tested throughout the course of the week, but should be available for selection.

Stewart Crameri
Shoulder Season
Stewart will require surgery to his dislocated right shoulder and will miss the remainder of the season. The club will monitor his early recovery.

Jobe Watson
Concussion Test
Jobe will face further concussion and fitness tests after sustaining a heavy knock against the West Coast Eagles. He is likely to be available for selection this week.

Andrew Welsh
Concussion Test
Andrew will face further concussion and fitness tests after sustaining a heavy knock early in the first quarter against West Coast. He is likely to be available for selection this week.

Tayte Pears
Soreness Test
Tayte is likely to be available for selection after being rested last week as a precautionary measure.

Courtenay Dempsey
Knee Season
Courtenay has undergone successful surgery to his ruptured ACL and has commenced his rehabilitation, including a specific weights program. Courtenay is placed on the Club's long term injury list.

Sam Lonergan
Knee Season
Sam has undergone successful surgery to his torn medial ligament and is likely to miss the remainder of the season. He is progressing well with his recovery and rehabilitation and has recommenced full running programs.

Anthony Long
Hamstring Indefinite
Anthony tracking well with his recovery regimes. He is likely to miss the rest of the season but is undergoing extensive rehabilitation.

Jason Winderlich
Knee Season
Jason has undergone successful surgery to his ruptured ACL. He has commenced his rehabilitation and has recently resumed running. Jason is placed on the Club's long term injury list.

Brent Prismall
Knee Season
Brent has undergone successful traditional surgery after rupturing the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee. He is now off crutches and commenced very early and light rehabilitation.

Travis Colyer
Lower leg Test
Travis sustained damage to his lower leg and ankle and is progressing well with his recovery. He is a chance to return to the field this week.
Link

Injury list leading into the bye and finals:

Link
Dustin Fletcher
Ankle 1 week
Dustin was a late withdrawal before Essendon's clash against Port Adelaide. He was rested as a precautionary measure following soreness in his ankle. He is expected to return for the finals clash in two weeks.

Stewart Crameri
Shoulder Test
Stewart will require surgery to his dislocated right shoulder and will miss the remainder of the season. The club will monitor his early recovery.

Courtenay Dempsey
Knee Season
Courtenay has undergone successful surgery to his ruptured ACL and has commenced his rehabilitation, including a specific weights program. Courtenay is placed on the Club's long term injury list.

Anthony Long
Hamstring Indefinite
Anthony tracking well with his recovery regimes. He is likely to miss the rest of the season but is undergoing extensive rehabilitation.

Jason Winderlich
Knee Season
Jason has undergone successful surgery to his ruptured ACL. He has commenced his rehabilitation and has recently resumed running. Jason is placed on the Club's long term injury list.

Brent Prismall

Knee Season
Brent has undergone successful traditional surgery after rupturing the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee. He is now off crutches and commenced very early and light rehabilitation.
Link

I've almost lost hope in Gumby to be honest, but there is a voice in the back of my head telling me he'll come good.

It's like the feeling you get before playing a game you know you're going to lose, but there is always that hope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not so sure that the injury is as bad as Damien Barret was saying on the footy show for these reasons:

• Given that we finished 8th, would the club really be foolish enough to risk Hurley's long term future on a massive long shot for a flag? He's just too bloody important for us to lose him long term for a shot in the dark at a premiership.
  • We have a team of medical professionals employed by the club who would be advising Hurley and the coaching staff about whats best for him. I highly doubt they would advise the club to play him if he was at serious risk of a long term or even career threatening injury.
  • James Hird knows only too well the consequences of stress injuries to the foot. I doubt he would play Hurley if it was probable that it could cause a long term injury.
In saying this, James Hird recently said that if it was round 1 Hurley would have been in a moon boot for 6 weeks so there is obviously an issue. I'm just not so sure that our club is being as reckless as Damien Barret is making us out to be.

I've learned not to trust these guys, always making up crap like
"Travis Boak to Essendon" "Pendlebury to Essendon" "Vince to Essendon" but bloody hell last night when they mentioned Hurley I nearly shit myself.

Damien Barrett is a sensationalist gimp.

Don't bother with him.

This.

The guy is a master at fashioning mountains from a molehill base. After his little item on Hurley (I don't know why I was watching the Footy Show, but there you go), I just shrugged... nothing we didn't know already.

Link
Dustin Fletcher
Ankle Test
Dustin was a late withdrawal before Essendon's clash against Port Adelaide. He was rested as a precautionary measure following soreness in his ankle. He is very likely to be available this week.

Stewart Crameri
Shoulder Test

Courtenay Dempsey
Knee Season

Anthony Long
Hamstring Indefinite

Jason Winderlich
Knee Season

Brent Prismall
Knee Season
Link

[YOUTUBE]TIcRGEqg3Wk[/YOUTUBE]

Also here is: AFL Finals club-by-club injury list

Also, if Hurley's foot was that bad why on earth would we play him in a dead rubber against Port?

Very risky and potentially devastating news so it deserves a bigger post.

Link
Michael Hurley risks stress fracture to play
Mark Stevens Herald Sun September 08, 2011 12:00AM
745482-michael-hurley.jpg

RISING Essendon superstar Michael Hurley will play through pain in Sunday's final against Carlton, declaring: "I wouldn't miss it for the world."

Hurley confirmed his training has been hampered by the early signs of a foot stress fracture. "It's just a bit sore and I'm happy to play with that little bit of pain," Hurley told the Herald Sun. A "hot spot" in a metatarsal bone in the left foot has hampered Hurley for several weeks, but he has had a massive impact as a key forward.

Leading sports medico Dr Peter Larkins says the Bombers are taking a "calculated gamble" because the stress reaction could turn into a season-ending crack at any stage.

But Hurley has strongly played down suggestions the club is rolling the dice by playing him against the Blues in the sudden-death clash at the MCG.

"It's not really a gamble," Hurley said. "It is a hot spot . . . it's a bit of stress in a certain area of my foot. "Towards the end of a game, it gets pretty sore. During the week and at the start of games it's pretty good
Link

:(

Worth a risk for finals i think as he is too important to the team hopefuly nothing develops and can have pre season to get over it

Remove this Banner Ad

Team Mgmt. The Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back