The "I've got tickets for myself" thread - Qualifying Final Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

1000 tickets left according to MMM at 6 pm tonight... would be great if they sold tomorrow! (Port watch and weep!):D

Basically, I've never seen the ground staff ever actually enforce the non reserving of seats, even when they mention they will be stricter for that week over the loud speaker.

To be honest, the only time the ground staff would need to intervene is if someone did lose their seat, and it would be little more than, 'too bad, you're not supposed to reserve seats anyway'.

I guess they don't need to enforce it most games anyway.

1000 tickets left according to MMM at 6 pm tonight... would be great if they sold tomorrow! (Port watch and weep!):D

I still think that this is not the full picture. I think there is 1,000 tickets in the outer plus the unsold members tickets (approximately another 5,000). If the outer tickets were all sold then they release the last concourse bay of the members.

I checked my theory online and there are still random tickets in the Northern Stand and Outer Concourse available. I suspect the final crowd will be 45,000 but I'd love to see 50,000+

Hi guys, is bay119 behind the northern goals or can you see down the western wing? Or is it up in the nosebleed section?
Cheers

Hi guys, is bay119 behind the northern goals or can you see down the western wing? Or is it up in the nosebleed section?
Cheers
Bay119 is behind the northern goals
I dont get what your western wing thing is asking
No, it's below sea level.

Umm.....thanks......I think. :(
I was asking if from 119 you can see down the western wing of the oval. It's ok, I can see that you can't.
As for sea level, um......yep. :cool:

Tickets arrived in the mail today!!

Hopefully there isnt a problem with purchasing an Adult ticket for a 16 year old. Anyone able to shed some light on this?

Anybody who is 15 as of January 1 2012 needs an adult ticket anyway, unless they qualify for a concession ticket (pensioner/veteran/full time secondary or tertiary student).

The Advertiser confirmed my thoughts outlined above that there has only been 42,500 tickets sold. There are still about 1,000 tickets left in the outer which means there will be 7,500 empty seats in the members:(

The Advertiser confirmed my thoughts outlined above that there has only been 42,500 tickets sold. There are still about 1,000 tickets left in the outer which means there will be 7,500 empty seats in the members:(

That's a shame. I'll be in the members but I don't fill up much space unfortunately. I'll try to be loud though!

You don't seriously think the Members area will be completely empty :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty sure I heard those tickets which aren't available to the public and non reserving members have been selling well too. There most definitely won't be 7500 seats empty in members, I am 100% sure of that.

I'm pretty sure I heard those tickets which aren't available to the public and non reserving members have been selling well too. There most definitely won't be 7500 seats empty in members, I am 100% sure of that.

The Advertiser said a total of 42,500 tickets had been purchased and there were about 1,000 tickets remaining. Unless the Footy Park capacity has been reduced to 43,500 then the remaining 7,500 seats are in the members. There are no free tickets in the members this week, not even SANFL life members get free tickets.

I believe the AFL were hoping to sell out the outer and then release additional seats by reducing the size of the members. They have done this before by moving the fence between the members and the outer. What really annoys me (and yes I am an AAMI member) is that some of the best seats in the stadium will be vacant. They have also made it more attractive for AAMI members by setting the price at $55 whilst the equivalent seats in the outer are more expensive.

Bloody members :)

In response to the reseving of seats before the game Adelaide Oval does this pretty well for the cricket, have stickers for your seats in the members which you can tear the end off, so you fill it out with your details stick it onto the seat, seat is yours. None of this jumpers everywhere, if the seat has no sticker it is fair game.

The Advertiser said a total of 42,500 tickets had been purchased and there were about 1,000 tickets remaining. Unless the Footy Park capacity has been reduced to 43,500 then the remaining 7,500 seats are in the members. There are no free tickets in the members this week, not even SANFL life members get free tickets.

I believe the AFL were hoping to sell out the outer and then release additional seats by reducing the size of the members. They have done this before by moving the fence between the members and the outer. What really annoys me (and yes I am an AAMI member) is that some of the best seats in the stadium will be vacant. They have also made it more attractive for AAMI members by setting the price at $55 whilst the equivalent seats in the outer are more expensive.

Would corporate tickets and the like be counted? Surely the capacity of AAMI stadium is not 50,000 + the various corporate boxes/areas and areas where players and their wives/girlfriends/families and staff of the club sit.

Bloody members :)

In response to the reseving of seats before the game Adelaide Oval does this pretty well for the cricket, have stickers for your seats in the members which you can tear the end off, so you fill it out with your details stick it onto the seat, seat is yours. None of this jumpers everywhere, if the seat has no sticker it is fair game.

Most of the cricket grounds do this these days - I know the MCC and SCG also do this. I assume it's also a 1 ticket = 1 sticker deal, meaning if you want a good seat, you line up (none of this send one person in to save a pile of seats and everyone else rocks up on the opening bounce). Would also mean you're not risking stuff being stolen while your seat is still saved.

Im checking everything to see what's still up for sale.

Bronze - all 6 bays in 100s sold out
Silver - 10 bays in 100s sold out, 6 bays in 200s sold out, still seats available in Northern grandstand (I got L halfway up)
Gold - Seats in all categories (Northern stand, terrace, open concourse, undercovered concourse)
Platinum - 11 bays in 100s sold out, still seats available in concourses Norhtern grand stand (I got H in row C)

I just bought a ticket in Bronze so I'm not sure what's going on

Would corporate tickets and the like be counted? Surely the capacity of AAMI stadium is not 50,000 + the various corporate boxes/areas and areas where players and their wives/girlfriends/families and staff of the club sit.

The SANFL have to buy tickets from the AFL for people who use the corporate boxes and they then make a heap selling the corporate box for the day. So yes, they are part of the 42,500 tickets sold. The official capacity is 51,224 which means all corporate boxes and all seats are filled. The distribution between the members and the outer was Members (including corporate boxes) - 18,000, Outer - just over 33,000. A couple of years ago they reduced the size of the members area by moving the fence over by one section.

Most of the cricket grounds do this these days - I know the MCC and SCG also do this. I assume it's also a 1 ticket = 1 sticker deal, meaning if you want a good seat, you line up (none of this send one person in to save a pile of seats and everyone else rocks up on the opening bounce). Would also mean you're not risking stuff being stolen while your seat is still saved.

Yep that's exactly how it is done, one sticker per ticket.

The SANFL have to buy tickets from the AFL for people who use the corporate boxes and they then make a heap selling the corporate box for the day. So yes, they are part of the 42,500 tickets sold. The official capacity is 51,224 which means all corporate boxes and all seats are filled. The distribution between the members and the outer was Members (including corporate boxes) - 18,000, Outer - just over 33,000. A couple of years ago they reduced the size of the members area by moving the fence over by one section.
What about where the players/WAGS etc sit? Would they already be included? I just find it hard to believe there will be that many seats left tomorrow, considering how well tickets have sold.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back