The "I've got tickets for myself" thread - Qualifying Final Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee, I think it has already alex, going by the ticket sales, which are nothing short of outstanding.

I thought 40,000 would be a good crowd on a Saturday afternoon live against the gate, but with only 4,000 tickets to sell, it has to be a sell-out!! :thumbsu:

I must admit that I'm more than a little bit excited already!! :)

I meant for me. Still 3 days of this week to go. :thumbsu:

Start thinking about Saturday and nothing will get done.

I could've sworn the bronze tickets were sold out but just got another 2 for $45 each in bay 142. Geez ticketmaster is a piece of crap
wtf :eek: I was searching for single seats and there wern't any

tickets finally came through, turns out ticketmaster were using an old email address instead of the one i logged in with to send me the tickets...

god i hate IT systems!

Its because our supporter base is ancient. It's a real worry, 90% of the people who sit in my bay are over 60. The way footy prices keep going up I can see a real problem for the AFL going forward, the next generation are less likely to part with their money to become members.

I can't understand people queuing either. If you don't have a printer, then put the tickets on a USB stick and get someone that has one to print them.
Took me a couple of minutes online to book and the tickets were there within minutes.
Bay 228--H 44-45

If we win this week and play either Collingwood or Hawthorn in a Prelim the people lining up may miss out.

Finals are neutral venues, in that both sets of members will have access before GA. Not really an issue for this game as Sydney is not a big club, with supporters that will travel in number, or well supported here. Collingwood and Hawthorn have 70 and 60 thousand members. Many of which will make the trip over here. Not to mention that they both have big supporter groups here.

Collingwood members in particular will come over here in their droves. They love playing us here. Would not surprise me if 10-20 thousand of their members come over for a Prelim Final.

My advice would be to get online to buy tickets. That game, should it happen, will sell out very quickly. In a matter of hours.

If we win this week and play either Collingwood or Hawthorn in a Prelim the people lining up may miss out.

Finals are neutral venues, in that both sets of members will have access before GA. Not really an issue for this game as Sydney is not a big club, with supporters that will travel in number, or well supported here. Collingwood and Hawthorn have 70 and 60 thousand members. Many of which will make the trip over here. Not to mention that they both have big supporter groups here.

Collingwood members in particular will come over here in their droves. They love playing us here. Would not surprise me if 10-20 thousand of their members come over for a Prelim Final.

My advice would be to get online to buy tickets. That game, should it happen, will sell out very quickly. In a matter of hours.

If we win on Saturday, I believe AFC Members will get a few extra days priority as well (we did in 2006 - I remember the nightmare it was dealing with BASS beauracracy at the Festival Theatre outlet in order to get tickets for that game)

I'm pretty sure opposition club members are restricted to a certain number of tickets. If they are not then its the way it should be. We earn't the right to a home final, our members should be the ones who dominate the arena by 90%.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They should give the Prelim home teams, those that get the week off, access to prelim tickets the week earlier to members, let members buy them for a week, then give 1 day for 'away' team members preference, then open it up to the public at the same time.

I was stunned that there were so few Collingwood supporters at the 2008 elimination final and there wasn't a heap of Collingwood supporters at the match earlier this year (compared to Crow supporters at games in Melbourne). If we play Collingwood in the prelim this year I think there will be a lot more Collingwood supporters since they will think it will be an easy kill.

1500 tickets left according to the crows

Great !!!!!!

I've heard they are in the members area, surely they would now sell those to the general public just to fill the place up.

Looks like we are going to crack 50,000 !!!!!

I am praying for a victory because we had to wait until the general public tix went on sale so the in-laws could come so we had to shell out for gold tix cos that was all that was left. I cant really afford to shell out the same sort of money for the family to go next week if we lose thankfully I get paid again on prelim final week :thumbsu:

Do we?

Trigg was on AA Monday morning saying Swans members have priority as well.

As a Swans member I was able to buy tickets from 9am Monday, as it should be. Only one ticket per membership tho, again, as it should be.

I'm pretty sure opposition club members are restricted to a certain number of tickets. If they are not then its the way it should be. We earn't the right to a home final, our members should be the ones who dominate the arena by 90%.

Seriously, you really think that? Competing clubs members are only entitled to 4-5K seats because it's an Adelaide final? That's just a lol.

As a Swans member I was able to buy tickets from 9am Monday, as it should be. Only one ticket per membership tho, again, as it should be.

Seriously, you really think that? Competing clubs members are only entitled to 4-5K seats because it's an Adelaide final? That's just a lol.

Why is that so Ludicrous? Its the way it should be. The higher team has earn't that right to pack the stadium with as many of their own fans as possible. I wouldn't care if it was the other way around. I know West Coast restrict the amount of opposition fans tickets available for H & A games. I know the rules change come finals because the AFL control the ticket allocation but still I thought there would have been a restriction.

The only advantage we gain is the venue. Rest is neutral.

Competing

Presentation of the game will be different as well.

Yeah and its a load of crap. I've been to finals before and they say they want to make it a neutral as possible. I say Fudge that! You strive all season for the highest place on the ladder you can, only to just get a venue which has to be made a friendly as possible to the opposition. I can't think of another sport that does this.
NBA and NFL are almost 100% home town crowds. They are very hostile places for a visiting team. Its brilliant especially when you see a crowd of 20,000+ people all wearing the same coloured shirt going ape shit.

Yeah and its a load of crap. I've been to finals before and they say they want to make it a neutral as possible. I say Fudge that! You strive all season for the highest place on the ladder you can, only to just get a venue which has to be made a friendly as possible to the opposition. I can't think of another sport that does this.
NBA and NFL are almost 100% home town crowds. They are very hostile places for a visiting team. Its brilliant especially when you see a crowd of 20,000+ people all wearing the same coloured shirt going ape shit.

But then the AFL would have to justify why there are so few tickets available to actual team fans at the GF. Also the NFL Superbowl is mostly played at a neutral venue, so there goes part of your argument. Cities bid to host it, hoping that their team will make the end game, but rarely, if ever it has happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back