The "I've got tickets for myself" thread - Qualifying Final Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Great !!!!!!

I've heard they are in the members area, surely they would now sell those to the general public just to fill the place up.

Looks like we are going to crack 50,000 !!!!!

Didn't they do this for the 2009 EF to make sure it was a complete sell-out. Probably won't do it until tomorrow though if they're going to do this.

But then the AFL would have to justify why there are so few tickets available to actual team fans at the GF. Also the NFL Superbowl is mostly played at a neutral venue, so there goes part of your argument. Cities bid to host it, hoping that their team will make the end game, but rarely, if ever it has happened.

I'm not talking the GF. The way the GF is handled now is fine apart from more tickets being allocated to the participating fans teams. I'm talking finals not GF. So my argument is still sound.

The whole basis for finishing top 2 is you will at least get 2 'home' finals. Now the home factor is lessened substantially if you take advantages away from the qualifying and deserved team.

If they want to make it neutral then we should be playing at the MCG this Sat with tickets split 50/50.

As a Swans member I was able to buy tickets from 9am Monday, as it should be. Only one ticket per membership tho, again, as it should be.

Seriously, you really think that? Competing clubs members are only entitled to 4-5K seats because it's an Adelaide final? That's just a lol.

I totally agree with you Triple B. The difference with a final in Adelaide compared to the MCG is that opposition supporters get access to the good seats as well. At the MCG the opposition supporters can't get access to the MCC area nor the AFL members area which means you have to sit behind the goals (which I hate), or in the forward pockets.

I hope it's a great match and I would love the teams to meet again in the Grand Final.

I hope that the expected riff raff understand the conventions of the non reserved seating parts of the members reserve. In that seats with things on them belong to someone.

I am reminded of seeing people having a cry because seats are taken, all I can say is get to the ground earlier. I know plenty of people who rock up when the gates open, get their seats, then go to the bar.

I hope that the expected riff raff understand the conventions of the non reserved seating parts of the members reserve. In that seats with things on them belong to someone.

I am reminded of seeing people having a cry because seats are taken, all I can say is get to the ground earlier. I know plenty of people who rock up when the gates open, get their seats, then go to the bar.

No problem if the people are at the bar or buying food. but when it's a case where 1 person goes early and spreads shit out trying to hold about 6 seats for others who aren't arriving for another two hours then then too bad.

No problem if the people are at the bar or buying food. but when it's a case where 1 person goes early and spreads shit out trying to hold about 6 seats for others who aren't arriving for another two hours then then too bad.

Agreed, that would be particularly annoying. Putting your jumper down and then going shopping at West Lakes should not be enough to reserve a seat.

Agreed, that would be particularly annoying. Putting your jumper down and then going shopping at West Lakes should not be enough to reserve a seat.

I remember in the dark old days before reserved seating in the outer where 1 or 2 people would get there 2-3 hours early and would put blankets and bags down in an effort to try and hold massive areas for people that weren't arriving until just minutes before the game.

All I can say is thank god the outer is now reserve seating.

I'm not talking the GF. The way the GF is handled now is fine apart from more tickets being allocated to the participating fans teams. I'm talking finals not GF. So my argument is still sound.

The whole basis for finishing top 2 is you will at least get 2 'home' finals. Now the home factor is lessened substantially if you take advantages away from the qualifying and deserved team.

If they want to make it neutral then we should be playing at the MCG this Sat with tickets split 50/50.

I think the way the GF is handled now is not fine at all. I am a gold member and I know if we are lucky enough to get there I have a very good chance of getting a ticket, but in reality when the GF between the two teams has so few of their fans able to attend is not good for the game in my mind. Almost 80% of the crowd is 'neutral'.

From memory, the AFL makes an allocation for the number of seats available in finals depending on which teams are playing and the number of season ticket holders they have. So for example Sydney would have more STH than North and if we were playing North, there would be more tickets available originally to crows members. There is only a limited time for them to sort out the allocations and also for ticket purchases. So, you are advocating for example the following happening?
Monday - Captain's Club and Gold Crows season ticket holders & the equivalent AAMI membership
Tuesday - Crows Silver season ticket holders
Wednesday - Swans season ticket holders
Thursday - General Public for whatever is left over

I can't see that going down too well, especially from the ticketing agencies which would have to continually change their systems, therefore prices would go up. There has already been a lot of complaints about the price and we, apparently, have the cheapest prices in the AFL finals series.

unfortunately its always been done that way. doesn't make it right though

for what its worth, i hate it

I think the way the GF is handled now is not fine at all. I am a gold member and I know if we are lucky enough to get there I have a very good chance of getting a ticket, but in reality when the GF between the two teams has so few of their fans able to attend is not good for the game in my mind. Almost 80% of the crowd is 'neutral'.

From memory, the AFL makes an allocation for the number of seats available in finals depending on which teams are playing and the number of season ticket holders they have. So for example Sydney would have more STH than North and if we were playing North, there would be more tickets available originally to crows members. There is only a limited time for them to sort out the allocations and also for ticket purchases. So, you are advocating for example the following happening?
Monday - Captain's Club and Gold Crows season ticket holders & the equivalent AAMI membership
Tuesday - Crows Silver season ticket holders
Wednesday - Swans season ticket holders
Thursday - General Public for whatever is left over

I can't see that going down too well, especially from the ticketing agencies which would have to continually change their systems, therefore prices would go up. There has already been a lot of complaints about the price and we, apparently, have the cheapest prices in the AFL finals series.

You must not have read any of my posts properly.

I said they should have an allocation, say 5,000 seats, that go on sale to Swans members the same time as our members, but once that 5,000 becomes exhausted the rest have to wait until the public seats go on sale like non members. If by say the close of business Wednesday our own supporters haven't taken up their opportunity to grab tickets then its their own fault. However we should be given the chance to fill out the stadium 90% with our own supporters.

Its highly unlikely there would be 5,000 Swans supporters that come across in any regard, but for a game against collingwood this is a different story.

In regards to the GF once again did you read my post? I said apart from the number of tickets allocated to the competing team's supporters I like how the GF is structured now. I think each team currently gets 15,000 tickets. So that's only 30k of actual supporters of the competing teams. This is not enough I agree.

Which end is the Crows cheer squad in? Is it the Bay 140-ish end or the Bay 110-ish end? I always forget :eek: Wish I could get to more games. Finally start getting some free weekends and the footy season is almost over :(
remember it this way
Port sit in bay of the '07 GF margin
We're the other end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heafy83 apologies if I misread, we are splitting hairs as it is similar to what currently happens as I see it. They might have a larger allocation, but as they don't buy up their allocation, it means our superior number of supporters are buying up those tickets instead. 90% of the crowd is going to be crows fans and if we had to play in Sydney, I know I would not be happy having to wait to get tickets to that game being a season ticket holder.

The AFL made an extra 5,000 tickets available for the GF to increase it up to the 30K level, but I agree that is still way too low with only 15% of the crowd supporting one club.

Heafy83 apologies if I misread, we are splitting hairs as it is similar to what currently happens as I see it. They might have a larger allocation, but as they don't buy up their allocation, it means our superior number of supporters are buying up those tickets instead. 90% of the crowd is going to be crows fans and if we had to play in Sydney, I know I would not be happy having to wait to get tickets to that game being a season ticket holder.

The AFL made an extra 5,000 tickets available for the GF to increase it up to the 30K level, but I agree that is still way too low with only 15% of the crowd supporting one club.

Well the way I understand it now is that there is no allocation for Swans supporters this Sat. Swans can have as many supporters as they can get tickets for the game. Now like I said for a Swans game this is not a problem because they would be lucky to have 2k show up. However if it was Collingwood then there is a potential that 20k Pies members could be there on prelim day if there are no allocations. This is just not right if true, because then all you are relying on it how fast ticketek can process the queues and how fast your internet connection is to get tickets for Crows members to out number Pies at the game.

Welcome to finals football Heafy83 ;) We will just agree to disagree here

Im not a finals novice. I know this is how it has worked for years but for me its wrong. It takes away the advantage of the hard work during the year and finishing top 2/4

While I respect that convention, and if I see a seat with someone's stuff on it, then I will respectfully not sit there, technically if someone was to just move that stuff and sit there, then the people who put their stuff on that seat don't have a leg to stand on because the reserving of seats is prohibited.

Would be a very brave/silly/stupid person to test that though :D

While I respect that convention, and if I see a seat with someone's stuff on it, then I will respectfully not sit there, technically if someone was to just move that stuff and sit there, then the people who put their stuff on that seat don't have a leg to stand on because the reserving of seats is prohibited.

Challenge Accepted :D

The crew I go with are people who always get there early (including me), and we have reserved seating ever since I have gone to the footy. We then usually just go back out to the carpark for a BBQ, or down to the bar. Have only ever lost a seat or two that we have reserved maybe once or twice. Basically, I've never seen the ground staff ever actually enforce the non reserving of seats, even when they mention they will be stricter for that week over the loud speaker.

Tickets arrived in the mail today!!

Hopefully there isnt a problem with purchasing an Adult ticket for a 16 year old. Anyone able to shed some light on this?

Remove this Banner Ad

The "I've got tickets for myself" thread - Qualifying Final Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back