The "I've got tickets for myself" thread - Semi Final Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

got my 6 tickets this morning.

Of course we want to win this game! How good will the experience of playing in a prelim at the G with 90,000 people screaming, be for our youngsters!

Will be the biggest game of their lives, and guess what? No-one will give us a hope and that is fine by me. We will have no expectations, we will probably lose but who knows, we could play the game of our lives and Hawthorn could miss set shots etc and we would win.

Let's look forward to friday night, remember how good this side can be and be thankful for the chance to play in a preliminary final after finishing 14th last season. Boom.

Of course we want to win this game! How good will the experience of playing in a prelim at the G with 90,000 people screaming, be for our youngsters!

Will be the biggest game of their lives, and guess what? No-one will give us a hope and that is fine by me. We will have no expectations, we will probably lose but who knows, we could play the game of our lives and Hawthorn could miss set shots etc and we would win.

Let's look forward to friday night, remember how good this side can be and be thankful for the chance to play in a preliminary final after finishing 14th last season. Boom.
Well said mate! got mine this morning too! Going with 2 mates! Bay 133! PUMPED!

Great post!

Get behind the boys, they need us now more than ever.

Good post!

Are you standing in the same place as normal on Friday night?

Well last week I got to experience the luxury of watching the game in my own loungeroom - It was to be short lived

I am working this friday night - Though there are TVs at work (medical clinic, patient waiting room) I will not be able to fully focus on the game -

If we win, however, you bet your bottom dollar that I will be at the MCG the following saturday!

Agree. I phoned up yesterday so I could pick exact seats - I got straight through & had them booked by 9.15am. Last week I sat on hold for 45 mins.

Just wondering, when you say that you could pick exact seats - how specific do you mean? (for example - bay xyz, row z ???)

Heard there was still 15000 tickets left...

Doesn't surprise me, we've gone from being a great chance of making the grand final to now appearing like we're just making up the numbers in the space of a week.

I will be there on Friday night, but it's hard to escape that sinking feeling that after losing to Sydney that the Crows are now just going through the motions as far as September goes and I'm sure that i am definitely not the only person who feels that way. The stats dont lie, since our choke against West Coast in 2006 no other home side lost a prelim final, that week off is absolutely cruicial and a massive advantage going into the prelim final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

relapse Exactly mate. The energy has been sapped right out of Crows fans after the loss to Sydney. Many, many fans will see this game as a "dead rubber" as the chances of making the GF are very slim. Hawthorn at the G is not exactly a game you can say "we've got a chance" with confidence.

The fact this thread only has 64 posts, as compared to the previous one which was near 300, shows this weeks crowd will be smaller.

With the Crows losing last week (which they were expected to win) , Surely they should be fired up to win this one. Or is it true what others say ....they have had an easy run all year.

With the Crows losing last week (which they were expected to win) , Surely they should be fired up to win this one. Or is it true what others say ....they have had an easy run all year.

Hard run, easy run, we've still managed to beat Sydney in Sydney, Geelong, West Coast and finally win at both ETIHAD and the MCG, ending a long Victorian drought. If we didn't deserve a finals spot, we wouldn't be there.

WE CAN BEAT FREMANTLE :):thumbsu:

You know ticket sales are flatlining when the headline on the Crows website is Hendo's resigning.

I have discovered this link that shows there's still 12000 tickets left.

http://www.afc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4417/newsid/147482/default.aspx

We're looking at a sub-40K crowd, for a semi-final on a Friday night, yet we got 44.5k for a Saturday final. This means we won't be able to have Trigg begging Demitreou for favourable finals time slots in future (ala 2009).

You know ticket sales are flatlining when the headline on the Crows website is Hendo's resigning.

I have discovered this link that shows there's still 12000 tickets left.

http://www.afc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4417/newsid/147482/default.aspx

We're looking at a sub-40K crowd, for a semi-final on a Friday night, yet we got 44.5k for a Saturday final. This means we won't be able to have Trigg begging Demitreou for favourable finals time slots in future (ala 2009).
Channel 7 News just quoted that just over 40,000 sold.

Remove this Banner Ad

The "I've got tickets for myself" thread - Semi Final Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back