The Jill Meagher case: please read notice in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
mwzn9k.png

..he huffed, via social media

Self-righteous dickhead.

I cant support the death penalty simply because one day someone innocent would die because of it. But as an extension of that discussion, would this guy have so readily confessed and led the cops to the burial site if a death penalty was a possibility? I can't help but feel in this case (and possibly other cases) the lack of it has led to a swifter resolution and therefore closure for the family.

Nice work, bigfooty detective agency. Book him, boys.

Oh wait, it's not the husband? But his body language was so unconvincing!

The change in tone in this thread from when it became obvious it wasn't the husband is bizarre. The first few pages are all "lol its the husband sucked in", and now it's sensational tabloid outrage.

Thanks Captain Hindsight.

It was perfectly reasonable for people to suspect the husband when the majority of homicides are committed by spouses or people that knew the victim. Initially there was no CCTV footage released either and they were searching her and her husband's apartment for evidence, once the CCTV footage was released it became more likely that it was an abduction by some random off the street, which is much more rare.

People like you that waltz in to this thread all smug and say I knew it was an abduction all along and that it wasn't the husband are far more annoying than people who were speculating early on that it was the husband.

You would think if thats the case they would be looking for more arrests which the police have said they arent.

Said it before in this thread mate; don't take what the Police are saying as gospel.

The most captive audience they have will be anybody else involved (if there was); the Cops wont show their cards until they're ready - it's not Criminal Minds, but I can guarantee that they manipulate and use the Media to aid their investigations.

Not an eye for an eye; I'd never support the death penalty as a form of punishment and vengeance.

But I do believe that people, by their actions, can forfeit their right to exist - this guy would fit that. No publicity, no fanfare - just a lethal injection done privately without any information disclosed.

I'd rather the 'system' take care of him. Lock him up and keep him there, no protection. Let the punishment fit the crime, a hundredfold. Then comes the injection.

Threads like these make me question whether I could be a psychopath.

There are heaps of people outraged at the whole situation on my facebook feed too.

I don't really feel any sympathy for the victim at all. It's a horrible thing to happen obviously and the guy deserves a long time in jail but I don't really care about it. Probably desensitized from watching movies/documentries about this sort of thing. I generally don't care about people dying unless it's someone I know personally.

There are heaps of people outraged at the whole situation on my facebook feed too.

I don't really feel any sympathy for the victim at all. It's a horrible thing to happen obviously and the guy deserves a long time in jail but I don't really care about it. Probably desensitized from watching movies/documentries about this sort of thing. I generally don't care about people dying unless it's someone I know personally.

I'll probably be making a joke meme on facebook about it later. Something along the lines of "left the kitchen, Got killed" or some stupid shit like that causing a heap of people to get pissed off.
Yep, you sound like a psychopath.

I don’t agree with the notion that the death penalty is a deterrent. Do we honestly believe that these offenders would think “I may be killed for this, so I’m not gonna do it” like a sane person would? Any more than they must think “I may be locked in a cage for the rest of my life for this, I’m not gonna do it”?

I think if they’re not sane enough to think through the latter as any normal person would, it’s fair to assume they’re certainly not sane enough to think through the former, which basically defeats the “deterrent” angle re the death penalty.

I don’t think these offenders are in a state of mind where they can think this through and come to the rational conclusion, no matter what the potential consequence (be it life imprisonment or death). Or if they actually can, the threat of punishment is redundant anyway: as they actually truly believe that they’ll never be caught.

I'll probably be making a joke meme on facebook about it later. Something along the lines of "left the kitchen, Got killed" or some stupid shit like that causing a heap of people to get pissed off.

Will that be before or after you finger your own bum hole over how clever you are for making light of a horrific tragedy? You big hero.

That doesn't really piss me off, but it's not funny and makes you sound like a try hard flog.

I can understand not feeling sympathy though, I guess, especially when you take into consideration the fact that this happens to people all the time all around the world and they often do not get the same kind of exposure this has.

As pointed out earlier, it is a case of "Missing White woman syndrome"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the flip?

You didn't really need to post this did you?

You're going to get caned making comments like this

You should honestly start getting regular therapy. Sounds like you missed the section of development when you learn to empathize and in turn not end up being a awl centered non contributing douche bag. For your own futures fulfillment and pretty much every poor bastard who has to interact with you over the next 50 years - go see
Someone.

I don't really feel any sympathy for the victim at all. It's a horrible thing to happen obviously and the guy deserves a long time in jail but I don't really care about it.

^ I said this before, and I'll say it again, Its a media exercise to see how something like this that happens every day (someone went missing) becomes the head story and also an example of "Missing White Woman Syndrome"...

It is sad for those affected directly, and for those looking to 'feel something in the moment', but its most likely to be forgotten, by the majority by the end of the month

If you don't care about it, then don't post in this thread then.

I guess supporting Footscray, the word dickhead wouldn't be all that uncommon.

If you know they're different circumstances then why did you bring it up?. And this is hardly the place for a tree huggers rant.

Tree hugger? I hate the environmental movement. Just asking why one life seems to be worth more than 100, if not for media influence. I know people don't like having it displayed to them that they're being played by our media in order to profit via exploitation of atrocity, but its clearly evident.

Are you Will Minson?

I feel as much sympathy for her as I do for any other murder victim, no more, no less. Let the justice system take it from here, the feelings of the general public can only ever have a negative impact on the trial.

There’s nothing wrong with stating your honest feelings about the case (indifference etc).

Your first and last paragraphs, however, are blatant attention seeking and trolling.

You should honestly start getting regular therapy. Sounds like you missed the section of development when you learn to empathize and in turn not end up being a awl centered non contributing douche bag. For your own futures fulfillment and pretty much every poor bastard who has to interact with you over the next 50 years - go see
Someone.

^ Not a good response to someone's direct opinion (which is not the way to use the internet), just dont inflame the trolling with an underlying opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back