The Jill Meagher case: please read notice in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes i have seen the scanned copy. Reveals the individual is a meancing person, dunno if we can say anymore about his priors here.

Also i work in the media but access to this didnt come from work.

I guess 'the pub' in the text was the courthouse hotel?

I know her husband would have been devastated to have missed the text, but would it change anything if he received it?

And do you think this was the text she was sending when she stopped and used her phone outside the Duchess Boutique?

I guess 'the pub' in the text was the courthouse hotel?

I know her husband would have been devastated to have missed the text, but would it change anything if he received it?

And do you think this was the text she was sending when she stopped and used her phone outside the Duchess Boutique?
Wasn't the pub text sent before midnight?

Wasn't the pub text sent before midnight?

Yes i believe so, either ringing her brother then or possibly just trying to lose blue hoodie, remember alcohol is involved clouds thinking big time. The prick had a huge advantage over her without considering physical properties.

Would any shops/bars/cafes etc been open at time of night? Its unfortunate she didnt have presents of mind to go into one if open to call or ask for help.

Dan Gregson who was in the bridal shop video and came forward said he moved on to the kebah shop up the road so yes it was open at that time, but the Police station which is close by im assuming would have been staffed at this time.

Posted early; the resemblance is uncanny - to say the least.

Not only that, while its all speculation, from what we've heard from a witness about a car, and possible theories - the method could have a clear connection.

I'm 100% expecting further charges to be laid in the near future; and wouldn't be surprised if there were other arrests made over this specific incident.

Interesting that 2 clicks from Google will still get u an unedited photo of the accused.

And just as I write that today tonight shows the exact same photo. Guess its not breaking any laws then?

Today Tonight's the same program which has completely compromised the Robert Hughes prosecution, right? I never cease to be amazed at the ignorance of our media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reason that interstate newspapers have more detail while Victorian newspapers like "The Age" / Herald Sun avoid any is to avoid any allegation of prejudice. All this discussion about the accused be avoided.

PS I once lived near hope street (less than 500m). It was a hole then and I would go on the train (Upfield line), and read news articles such as "boy dragged in toilet block and sexually assaulted near Albion station" and I would shudder as the train went past the Albion Station on the way.

Not a nice area, despite all the property prices going up.

The reason that interstate newspapers have more detail while Victorian newspapers like "The Age" / Herald Sun avoid any is to avoid any allegation of prejudice. All this discussion about the accused be avoided.

PS I once lived near hope street (less than 500m). It was a hole then and I would go on the train (Upfield line), and read news articles such as "boy dragged in toilet block and sexually assaulted near Albion station" and I would shudder as the train went past the Albion Station on the way.

Upfield Line? Albion Station? Have I understood your post correctly? You went past Albion Station whilst on the Upfield train?

will this case be compromised much?

55 pages on a footy website, let alone all the other discussion on social media.

good luck finding jurors who haven't already been influenced in some way by constant speculation of what may have happened and media reports on the accused.
You are quite right to be concerned about this. However, a person who leads police to where he buried a body, while being filmed, as I'm sure he was, seems to me to have little choice but to plead guilty. Therefore, jury prejudice may not be an issue. This too could have unfortunate consequences, in that her family may never find out what went through this man's mind, if anything at all.

Maybe this cheap and unsupervised housing will have to be looked at in the future. I would't like to be living next door to this guy.

Albion station is about 20km away and on a different train line.

will this case be compromised much?

55 pages on a footy website, let alone all the other discussion on social media.

good luck finding jurors who haven't already been influenced in some way by constant speculation of what may have happened and media reports on the accused.

Realistically, old people who aren't on the internet and live in Victoria would have a very limited amount of information about this guy.

Realistically, old people who aren't on the internet and live in Victoria would have a very limited amount of information about this guy.

It does raise questions for future cases though.

The internet and social media don't confirm to state boundaries.

It may be worth looking into nation wide restrictions on what can be published.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back