The Jumper Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure how such a powerhouse club with so many members and fans hasn’t attracted a huge brand like Nike or Adidas, or why Puma left in the first place. However New Balance is right up there and would not only produce great guernseys, the off field merch range should be great also.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We probably can. My guess is that the bigger brands probably don’t pay as much sponsorship money (because they don’t need to) compared to a fledgling brand like castore who are trying to get a foothold in the Australian market.

Hate the shoulder panels if that is the legit new jumper but whatever. Of the limited range of sports clothes I own, most of it is NB so that’s cool

We probably can. My guess is that the bigger brands probably don’t pay as much sponsorship money (because they don’t need to) compared to a fledgling brand like castore who are trying to get a foothold in the Australian market.
It’s been said before, there is cents in the dollar profit wise for the bigger manufacturers in Aussie Rules merch, they would need a hell of a good case from the club to show our merch sales are good and well.. have you seen our merch the last few years? Our team store is arguably the worst in the league.

Not sure how such a powerhouse club with so many members and fans hasn’t attracted a huge brand like Nike or Adidas, or why Puma left in the first place.
I do believe I read somewhere someone (sister's brother's mate's cat's bandicoot etc) did say we had an offer from Nike but opted to go with Castore because of the favourable terms.
Hindsight tells us this was a bad call.

AS for Puma, hot take but they made really good quality merch but it fit terribly. So undersized like most of their stuff in the real world.
ISC made comfy merch. I love my ISC jumper, my nice stretchy ISC guernsey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do believe I read somewhere someone (sister's brother's mate's cat's bandicoot etc) did say we had an offer from Nike but opted to go with Castore because of the favourable terms.
Hindsight tells us this was a bad call.

AS for Puma, hot take but they made really good quality merch but it fit terribly. So undersized like most of their stuff in the real world.
ISC made comfy merch. I love my ISC jumper, my nice stretchy ISC guernsey.
Lol -I don't buy much club merchandise as it's too baggy around my waist and looks like a tent. I have a 2018 polo and I had to buy the largest teen size, but it is too tight around shoulders.

They need to introduce a slim fit or something.

Horses for courses I think.

Puma sizing is great for me, NB fairly good. Nike on the other hand just doesn't work for me.

They must be at their absolute wit's end with Castore to choose to end that deal early and, I expect, enter into a less lucrative deal with New Balance.
You'd have to think it was mutual - can't be a good look for Castore to completely botch the first batch and then subcontract it out and have that widely broadcast. I don't reckon we'll be seeing them back in the AFL any time soon.

Can't say i've owned anything New Balance before, don't really rate the footy boots that Flahn Rahn wears which were a thing a couple years ago.

However, if NB are doing the West Coast polo's i'll double down and get a pair of these bad boys

1663221897227.png

Can't say i've owned anything New Balance before, don't really rate the footy boots that Flahn Rahn wears which were a thing a couple years ago.

However, if NB are doing the West Coast polo's i'll double down and get a pair of these bad boys

View attachment 1508638
According to my 13-year-old niece, NB sneakers are 'in'.

Gone are the days when they only graced the feet of jeans-wearing middle-aged men (apparently).

Will be interesting to see if we actually get new Merchandise in before xmas like every other club or again try and fleece every last cent out of this years gear before the new stuff comes in the new year,

Remove this Banner Ad

The Jumper Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back