The Liberal Party - How long? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, heard this last night. This is just magnificent.

I consider myself very honoured to live in one of the local government areas that will feature zero Lib candidates on the ticket on polling day.
Unfortunately it looks like in my LGA (Penrith) at least some Liberals were nominated in time.

This x 100million

After their utter incompetence, they are now threatening to sue the electoral commission. That will be our tax dollars defending it. Liberals seem to engage in lawfare frequently, look at ex minister Reynolds.
Perhaps they should have tried the dog ate our electoral nominations.

Amusingly, my LGA is one where they were able to find sufficient resources to nominate candidates. The problem is - for them - that our current council make-up is Labour 8, Green 5, Independent 2. The independents may lean rightwards (I suspect the one in my ward does) but they are long-term councilors, not recent drifts away from the Liberal Party.

At the last election there were no Liberal candidates on the ballot in my ward, and (from memory) in some of the other wards too. So the time and money they've spent nominating candidates here is almost certainly going to be a complete waste.

The Victorian branch of the Liberal Party will be hoping that the debacle that unfolded in NSW won't happen to them in the Victorian local council elections next year. But given the events of the past several years, who knows?

On 5002X using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Victorian branch of the Liberal Party will be hoping that the debacle that unfolded in NSW won't happen to them in the Victorian local council elections next year. But given the events of the past several years, who knows?

Victorian council elections are this year

Also, while the Victorian Liberal Party may endorse candidates in local council elections for the first time, I highly doubt HQ will be handling submitting the nomination forms.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's probably a good thing that the court case between Moira Deeming and John Pesutto is happening now, because imagine if the case got underway during a Victorian State election year, and the judgement found in favour of Deeming, how would Pesutto try to get the Liberal Party reunited and focussed on trying to win a election, when there are plenty of Liberal MPs plotting Pesutto's downfall behind closed doors?

Anyone else do the school trip to Canberra?

The Parliament House visit was a lowlight. The only enjoyable thing was our teacher's reaction after having exposed our delicate ears to the childish stupidity of elected members.

Still, it's good that they are in Parliament. Otherwise they'd be out in real positions of authority acting like trolls and energy sponges, making the lives of real workers miserable.

The Parliament House visit was a lowlight. The only enjoyable thing was our teacher's reaction after having exposed our delicate ears to the childish stupidity of elected members.

Still, it's good that they are in Parliament. Otherwise they'd be out in real positions of authority acting like trolls and energy sponges, making the lives of real workers miserable.
I had my first Pilsner - was probably still 16. Teachers didn't seem to mind - those were the days

I had my first Pilsner - was probably still 16. Teachers didn't seem to mind - those were the days
My mate took his class and they were shown around by David Smith, when it came to the end and he offered Stevo his hand he declined and told him I remember what you did.

Old or new parliament house?

The Libs are sexist swine, as per usual.
Guess they could be more like Labor politicians and provide messages of support to setka after he called his ex partner a f$#&en dog and has been accused of domestic violence.....

Remove this Banner Ad

The Liberal Party - How long? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back